Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 103

Thread: The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Northwestern Europe
    Posts
    399

    Default

    This episode was great for Ash learning some good tips from Prima. And as many people said, I would find it hilarious if Brock was there. They have some pretty good original filler episodes in this season.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cerulean City
    Posts
    7,606

    Default

    Yes!! Lorelei appeared. It's funny that they couldn't have a human with more than three syllables in their name. Prima was funny when she said how much the tape was. But she is kind of peculiar too.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Coumarine City
    Posts
    1,243

    Default

    This episode is one of my favorite Orange Islands episodes because Prima (Lorelei) from the Kanto Elite 4 made her anime appeared in this episode. It sure long... but hey, better late than never! Lorelei's anime personality is a nice change from the game Lorelei, where she's kind of a ice queen.

    Ash was really overconfident in this episode. He kept saying he's 'invincible' and all that stuff. He even sent out Charizard despite knowing it won't obey him. I'm glad Prima (Lorelei) beat Ash, he needed to learn his lesson. I liked the way she showed Ash the errors of his ways. She's a better role model than that jerk AJ who whips his Pokémon just to train them.

    All music from the Japanese version was kept in the english dub this time around.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 13th July 2016 at 2:19 AM.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done
    It does suck, but no, this is not Ash at his worst as a character: go watch "Brave the Wave," "Uncrushing Defeat," "Battle Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym," and Malamar-- Ash has equally terrible episodes as a character in every series, IMO.

    No, it's nothing like episode 8: Ash was not a complete jerk there like he was here.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23

    Default

    I remember watching this episode as a kid and one of the funniest things Misty said to Ash was calling him a "Master of Disaster". No surprises there, as Ash was extremely cocky in this episode, but that makes things more interesting. Prima was what I liked best about it though, but not because of you know what *wink* *wink*. Ash's winning streak came to an end because of Charizard burning Ash twice with Flamethrower. His one-on-one battle with Prima was pretty cool, as his ego was deflated after losing to Prima. Team Rocket were disappointed they couldn't steal Prima's Pokemon after realising how strong she really was, leading to Prima blasting them off with an untouched appearance of Jynx.

    9/10

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode.
    I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,751

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalinDragon View Post
    I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.
    Agreed. This is not a rehashed episode: what is a rehash, is what Malamar in XY did to "Pikachu Re-Volts" in Ash's case, but I digress.

    I also don't like this episode like p96822, though: it's my least favorite in the entire OS, but that said, in no way am I going to say it's a rehash or that it's the worst I've seen from Ash, because that's not true at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.
    You mean much worse than that episode, and I agree.

    Yeah, I agree on Prima/Lorelei as well: still, at least she put Ash in his place.

    On the contrary, I thank 4Kids for giving me an English dub that didn't have horrendous voice acting, terrible script writing, and poorly composed music compositions, if anything, unlike TPCi: I can overlook 4Kids calling Lorelei the name Prima because when does she appear again in the Anime? Never! That says a lot. Plus, if TPCi dubbed this, you can be sure all the voices would be terrible, Ash would be using cool speak non-stop, and TR would take like a bunch of alliterating/rhyming morons 24/7. Oh, and Misty might say "Puh-leeze" as well...I couldn't be happier they never touched this.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th May 2014 at 3:46 PM.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I don't like this episode either. I wouldn't call it a rehash but it does use a similar idea.

    I also agree with XY019 being a rip-off.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1,636

    Default

    Well XY 19 had people under the spell of Malamar too so it not a rehash and makes the episode much more then that episode was.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Marietta, GA
    Posts
    4,049

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.
    How can this be a rehash of 3 BW when it aired decades before BW?

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    490

    Default

    I was referring to XY019, which is what p96822 was talking about.
    So much credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Disapointment Central.
    Posts
    5,169

    Default

    Sadly i really liked this episode, Lorelei is just awesome, and it was pretty cool to see Ash get a lesson.

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Samaritan
    Posts
    2,283

    Default

    Wait, so Prima is Lorelai?
    Where's the name 'Prima' coming from, anyway?

    My top favorites



    Claimed by me!

    Formerly Painkiller2001

  17. #92
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotel Cortez
    Posts
    58,799

    Default

    I liked seeing Ash lose against an Elite Four member because honestly, his overconfidence at the start of this episode really irked me. It seemed kinda out of character to me. Anyway, Prima was gorgeous and I wish that Misty had gotten to bond with her since she really seemed to admire Prima's skills.

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    61

    Default

    Is it true this episode has been blacklisted because of Jynx? It's missing from the Pokemon TV lineup.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Fallout 4
    Posts
    5,434

    Default

    I loved this episode but it annoyed me Lorelei was called Prima..... why?
    Every other cast member > Clemont/Bonnie

  20. #95
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hotel Cortez
    Posts
    58,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    I loved this episode but it annoyed me Lorelei was called Prima..... why?
    To match the syllables in her Japanese name and to match the mouth flaps as well.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    525

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJC View Post
    Is it true this episode has been blacklisted because of Jynx? It's missing from the Pokemon TV lineup.
    Yep. Netflix also doesn't have it, and it was left out of the recent release of the Orange Island on DVD.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    710

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJC View Post
    Is it true this episode has been blacklisted because of Jynx? It's missing from the Pokemon TV lineup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Yep. Netflix also doesn't have it, and it was left out of the recent release of the Orange Island on DVD.
    Man, the Elite 4 outside of Sinnoh (and hopefully Kalos) just can't get a break

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    6,182

    Default

    Well Ash's arrogance here was kind of a turn off for me ha ha and I liked how Prima's Slowbro was able to stop Charizard all on its own. Prima seemed super intelligent and I just wish we had seen her do alot more here. :3

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    New Pork City
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJC View Post
    Is it true this episode has been blacklisted because of Jynx? It's missing from the Pokemon TV lineup.
    It's ridiculous that they couldn't just re-color Jynx's face here. They've done it before so wtf?

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    6,182

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    It's ridiculous that they couldn't just re-color Jynx's face here. They've done it before so wtf?
    I guess since Jynx was in such a small scene in this episode, they just didn't want to bother wasting resources to change her facial colour?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •