Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

This episode was great for Ash learning some good tips from Prima. And as many people said, I would find it hilarious if Brock was there. They have some pretty good original filler episodes in this season.

Yes!! Lorelei appeared. It's funny that they couldn't have a human with more than three syllables in their name. Prima was funny when she said how much the tape was. But she is kind of peculiar too.

This episode is one of my favorite Orange Islands episodes. It's awsome that Prima ( Lorelei ) of Elite 4 appeared in this episode, she was so hot! Ash was jerk in the beginning and saying he's 'invincible'! I'm glad Prima ( Lorelei )defeated Ash, he learned important lessons after his lose.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 14th July 2013 at 2:18 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done

Quote Originally Posted by p96822 View Post
    This episode sucks badly and this shows Ash at his worst as a charter and learning the same lesson from episode 8. Also this episode is taking a plot it already has done
    It does suck, but no, this is not Ash at his worst as a character: go watch "Brave the Wave," "Uncrushing Defeat," "Battle Dazzling the Nimbasa Gym," and Malamar-- Ash has equally terrible episodes as a character in every series, IMO.

No, it's nothing like episode 8: Ash was not a complete jerk there like he was here.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I remember watching this episode as a kid and one of the funniest things Misty said to Ash was calling him a "Master of Disaster". No surprises there, as Ash was extremely cocky in this episode, but that makes things more interesting. Prima was what I liked best about it though, but not because of you know what *wink* *wink*. Ash's winning streak came to an end because of Charizard burning Ash twice with Flamethrower. His one-on-one battle with Prima was pretty cool, as his ego was deflated after losing to Prima. Team Rocket were disappointed they couldn't steal Prima's Pokemon after realising how strong she really was, leading to Prima blasting them off with an untouched appearance of Jynx.

9/10

This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.

This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode.
    I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrenalinDragon View Post
    I never really saw this episode being labelled as a rehash for me though. It's more of a sequel with a slightly more experienced Ash if anything. I'd rate both episodes about the same, but for me Prima made it more interesting as Ash learned his lesson through an Elite Four member in this one.
    Agreed. This is not a rehashed episode: what is a rehash, is what Malamar in XY did to "Pikachu Re-Volts" in Ash's case, but I digress.

I also don't like this episode like p96822, though: it's my least favorite in the entire OS, but that said, in no way am I going to say it's a rehash or that it's the worst I've seen from Ash, because that's not true at all.

This episode was rehashing of episode 8 of Ash's overconfidence and it was much more worst then that episode. Prima is a boring charter and she didn't bring anything to the episode at all. The thing that Prima said was boring and I want to get this over with. Also thank 4kid of not giving her original name in the game so she is not an elte four member in the dub.
    You mean much worse than that episode, and I agree.

Yeah, I agree on Prima/Lorelei as well: still, at least she put Ash in his place.

On the contrary, I thank 4Kids for giving me an English dub that didn't have horrendous voice acting, terrible script writing, and poorly composed music compositions, if anything, unlike TPCi: I can overlook 4Kids calling Lorelei the name Prima because when does she appear again in the Anime? Never! That says a lot. Plus, if TPCi dubbed this, you can be sure all the voices would be terrible, Ash would be using cool speak non-stop, and TR would take like a bunch of alliterating/rhyming morons 24/7. Oh, and Misty might say "Puh-leeze" as well...I couldn't be happier they never touched this.
    Last edited by PokemonNation2000; 5th May 2014 at 3:46 PM.
    My Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW001-BW115)/Average > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW116-BW142)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY001-Present)/Terrible > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP001-DP191)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. TCG: Wizards of the Coast > PUSA > TPCi
    7. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC

I don't like this episode either. I wouldn't call it a rehash but it does use a similar idea.

I also agree with XY019 being a rip-off.
    Opinions About (Started by DarkLucarioADV and Dwail8023):

1. The Anime: Best Wishes! > OS (Kanto) > OS (other) = Chronicles > AG > BF > DP > XY
    2. The English Dub: 4Kids (Season 1-2) > TPCi (Black & White) > TPCi (XY)
    3. The German Dub: EP001-EP157 > DP105-191/BW > XY > EP158-DP104
    4. The Original: Electric Soldier Porygon/Legend of Dratini > BW > XY
    5. Pokemon: The Origin: Good: 75.4/100

If you think Best Wishes! is the best (no joke intended) the Pokemon anime has ever been, paste this in your signature. (Started by Benny+Lilia+Ash)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...mon_in_Germany
    http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...C3%A9mon_names

Well XY 19 had people under the spell of Malamar too so it not a rehash and makes the episode much more then that episode was.

I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.

1. The Anime: Best Wishes! > OS (Kanto) > OS (other) = Chronicles > AG > BF > DP > XY

If you think Best Wishes! is the best (no joke intended) the Pokemon anime has ever been, paste this in your signature. (Started by Benny+Lilia+Ash)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny+Lilia+Ash View Post
    I consider it a rehash because they ripped off about three BW episodes plus Pikachu Re-Volts and then combined them into one.
    How can this be a rehash of 3 BW when it aired decades before BW?
    Signature Credit: The Under
    My Tumblr

I was referring to XY019, which is what p96822 was talking about.

Sadly i really liked this episode, Lorelei is just awesome, and it was pretty cool to see Ash get a lesson.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234