Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 101 to 119 of 119

Thread: The Mandarin island Miss-Match! (101)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Planet X
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Prima should've kept her video game name. I liked seeing Charizard lose control and do his own thing because it showed how bad Ash was at training him. 7.5/10

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Rolla, Missouri
    Posts
    88

    Default

    "Great discussion? Heck no! I'm going to talk about her breasts!"-People on this thread

    -_-

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    645

    Default

    Was Prima actually Lorelei? If so she seemed really spacey, but what I liked here was watching Ash get his ego put in check.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Lol, I still remember Misty's reaction to Prima. I loved that she idolized her. I thought the battle between Ash and Prima was good, but I hated how Ash was acting so cocky.

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Kanna of the Four Heavenly Kings was incredibly mature, so I can see why Kasumi respected her. Satoshi's sudden arrogance made him unbearable, and seeing Kanna stop Lizardon's rampage on the beach must've been humiliating for Satoshi. I liked how we saw Kanna freeze the Rocket-dan with Rougela.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    647

    Default

    Prima/Lorelei was kind of condescending to Ash. I get that he was being annoying when he kept challenging her, but she kept lecturing him and treating Ash like he wasn't worth her time.

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Prima/Lorelei was kind of condescending to Ash. I get that he was being annoying when he kept challenging her, but she kept lecturing him and treating Ash like he wasn't worth her time.
    She wasn't "condescending", she was just tolerant of him. He was acting like a doofus, so she had to endure his ego. :x

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    647

    Default

    I never understood why Lorelei was called Prima. Like, in Pokemon Puzzle League for N64 they did call her Lorelei correctly despite having the same voice actress and the same look as in the anime appearance of Prima.

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    Prima/Lorelei was kind of condescending to Ash. I get that he was being annoying when he kept challenging her, but she kept lecturing him and treating Ash like he wasn't worth her time.
    Kanna was respectful towards Satoshi, unlike his attitude towards her. She may've seemed too preachy at times, but seeing as she was an expert trainer, Satoshi should've taken her wisdom and advice to heart instead of sulking.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I never understood why Lorelei was called Prima.
    To match the mouth flaps since the name Lorelei had too many syllables.

  11. #111
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    297

    Default

    When Ash was acting big headed, I wondered if his judgement was off as well since he was dumb enough to use his Charizard against Persian.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    When Ash was acting big headed, I wondered if his judgement was off as well since he was dumb enough to use his Charizard against Persian.
    He was being dim tbh. He should have known better than to send out his most defective Pokemon, even against such an ordinary opponent.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    878

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    When Ash was acting big headed, I wondered if his judgement was off as well since he was dumb enough to use his Charizard against Persian.
    Satoshi was definitely acting carelessly, although him losing control of his Lizardon helped teach him a lesson because it was humbling for him to have Kanna interfere and stop Lizardon's little rampage herself.

  14. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    I thought the battle between Ash and Prima was good, but I hated how Ash was acting so cocky.
    It was too short from my perspective and even tho Ash claimed that he had studied Prima's strategies, he still didn't deal any damage to her Cloyster. ^^;

  15. #115
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    It was too short from my perspective and even tho Ash claimed that he had studied Prima's strategies, he still didn't deal any damage to her Cloyster. ^^;
    Which is sadder when you realize that Ash's Pikachu had a type advantage the whole time...

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Which is sadder when you realize that Ash's Pikachu had a type advantage the whole time...
    Well true he did have a type advantage, although Prima's Cloyster was probably at an extremely high level and therefore Pikachu just wasn't on par with it.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well true he did have a type advantage, although Prima's Cloyster was probably at an extremely high level and therefore Pikachu just wasn't on par with it.
    Eh, I only remember Cloyster using basic moves in this episode, including Reflect, Rage, and Take Down, which weren't too impressive.

  18. #118
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Usa
    Posts
    8,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Eh, I only remember Cloyster using basic moves in this episode, including Reflect, Rage, and Take Down, which weren't too impressive.
    Prima's Cloyster also used Withdraw which raised its defense apparently and which I believe was how it blocked Pikachu's Thunderbolt attack when the match began. O and it used Aurora Beam as well.

  19. #119
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Prima's Cloyster also used Withdraw which raised its defense apparently and which I believe was how it blocked Pikachu's Thunderbolt attack when the match began. O and it used Aurora Beam as well.
    My point is that for an Elite Four member, Prima's Pokemon didn't know any advanced, powerful moves. Even her Slowbro only knew Disable I think.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •