Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptichomp View Post
    It would've been interesting if Misty had stayed with that guy (what was his name again?) but whatever, nice episode and one of the better OI ones.
    8/10
    It would have also been nice to do a chronical about Rudy and his sister as well. They did chronicals for other people who realy didn't have that much significance on the show.

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Squirtle was really the star here. I was glad he shined in the battle against Starmie. Rudy was also a pretty fun character.

Well, I loved the gym battle and cheer for Squirtle. The whole Misty/Ruby/Ash thing was pretty interesting and I personally was really happy seeing Misty choosing Ash over Ruby - no offence to Ruby fanatics of course xD. Its good to see that even during a gym battle, the focus can be laid on more than just Ash.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.
    I agree. I think Misty liked the compliments, but I don't think Misty ever seriously considered staying with Rudy: it would separate her from Ash and would prevent her from traveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Chibi View Post
    I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...
    I agree, I wish more people would understand and agree with this. I think Misty didn't immediately reject Rudy because she didn't want to hurt his sister, but I think she never even considered staying with Rudy.

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyManafi View Post
    This one was a pretty good battle, and Misty stayed with Ash, though some peoples don't even know why
    Well, Misty's crush on Ash, and/or not having feelings Rudy?

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lover17 View Post
    It was just unclear why she'd chose Ash over him without any explanation. We will never find out.
    Well, Misty's crush on Ash and her not being attracted to Rudy seems like a plausible explanation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    Yea, but at that moment Ash couldn't have cared less if Misty had stayed with Rudy (maybe it's a bit too much saying this), in opposition with how he had felt after the Silver Conference separation.
    Well, Ash's jealousy implies something else! XD
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 29th November 2013 at 12:40 AM.

This episode is so good!
    A great episode for at least the Pokeshippers. This episode (and OI/Second movie in generall) gave us much Pokeshipping stuff. Misty really show us here that she likes Ash more then just as a friend. Misty do get flattered (many people would in a situation like this) but she do realize that her heart is with Ash and that's why she picks him in the end. The fact Ash is also very jealous in this episode is so great!

Like Rudy said ""I'll have you know, you're a very lucky guy Ash."
    Ofc Ash don't understand what he means cause he is probably thinking he meant by the battle. But even Rudy could see what Ash/Misty had after such a short while. Would be awesome if this lucky guy could get what he truly wants before the anime ends.

Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    Haha. Another Pokeship episode. But hey, Starmie was used in this episode. I liked when it was dancing in the Gym and when it battled Squirtle. It danced itself into a Thunderbolt. Sucks that it lost.
    Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
    Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Orange Islands was like a love letter to all the Pokeshipping fans it seems =P
    Starmie ftw! =P I loved this episode as a kid, I remember it being one of my more favorite OI episodes. Also, is it me or does Squirtle's Hydro Pump look more like Water Gun+Rapid Spin? I dunno, that's always bugged me ._. But still, nice episode. I liked the fact Misty was in the spotlight even though the episode wasn't directly focused on her. My favorite episode that focuses on her.
    I feel the same way about Squirtle's Hydro Pump. I guess they wanted to make it unique and not too similar to Water Gun.

This gym battle sucks and they are reusing the same thing from the first two
    Last edited by p96822; 7th August 2013 at 11:28 PM.

This episode was pretty good. Funny how the Gym Leader Rudy fell in love with Misty, but It's kinda weird that he fell in love with someone who is much younger than him. Rudy and Misty's interactions were cute though. I liked how Rudy took Misty's hand and started danceing with her. Seeing Rudy and Misty holding each others hands and dancing together was sweet, and sparkly background set the mood for that scene. Rudy didn't paid any attention to Ash, hence why he got mad. He wasn't jealous or something. Also, it's funny when Ash's Charizard used Flamethrower Misty's 'pretty' face and roasted her. XD

I enjoyed the Gym Battle between Ash and Rudy. Ash sends out his starter Pokémon Pikachu, but Rudy sends out a Electabuzz to battle it! since both are Electric- type Pokémon and Electabuzz is stronger than Pikachu, I was expecting Pikachu to lose... and it did! Oh well, at least Pikachu tries to take down Electabuzz with a Thunderbolt and a Quick Attack, but Electabuzz's ThunderPunch was too much for the little rodent. Now it's time for round 2, where both Trainers will use Grass-type Pokémon. So Ash sent out Bulbasaur, and Rudy sent out Exeggutor. Exeggutor was gaining the upper hand in the battle, but before it could knock Bulbasaur out.... Ash orders Bulbasaur to use Sleep Powder, which puts Exeggutor to sleep. I gotta admit, that was a good thinking from Ash's part. If it wasn't for Sleep Powder, Exeggutor would've defeated Bulbasaur. The battle between Squirtle and Starmie was the best out of all three battles in this episode. Starmie was getting the upper hand in the beginning, but Squirtle learned Hydro Pump, which pretty much turned the tables. Squirtle defeated Starmie with Hydro Pump and Skull bash was cool. I'm glad Ash got the Spike Shell badge, he deserved it.

Misty had to choose between traveling with Ash or staying with Rudy. It sure was a tough situation for Misty.... but as expected, she decided to travel with Ash in the end. I thought Rudy giving Misty flowers in the end was cute. It was nice of her to accept them and thank him.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th March 2014 at 7:39 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Would have been more interesting if she stayed with Rudy. I feel so bad that Marie never got a big sister like she wanted.

Credits to pokefan#493! Thank you SO much!
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

How could I think an episdoe like this wasn't that great? Episodes where Ash has a gym battle are always, in a way, interesting.

Anyway, the battle in this episode was great. Good to see Squirtle learn Hydro Pump.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456