Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Chibi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by High Commander Solomon
    "I go with what I need?" What does that mean, you start from a conclusion and work backwards? That doesn't make sense at all!
    Lol. You're right. It was a typo that I have edited.

vulpix Guest

being a total misty fan,i loved this episode even though i knew misty wouln't stay with rudy.

I was a little eager to see the end of this one; would Misty continue to travel with Ash, or stay with the boy who admitted to falling in love with her?

I also enjoyed Team Rocket's moments in this! Everytime they thought they were safe, they kept falling into the water.
    James: But who'd save us?

It's very good episode. Rudy fall in love in Misty and it;s cool. She would better to travel with Ash than to stay with Rudy. It's grate! And we can see Squirtle, one of my favourite pokemon

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

and we touch on the subject again of do Ash and Misty like each other? Misty I don't think IF she does like Ash would ever admit it and Ash is too dense in his lifetime to realize things like that. But isn't this touched more that Misty likes Ash in the dubbed then in the original Japanese version?

Chibi Guest

I dunno; I thought that too, to a certain extent. I mean, from what I'd heard, it seemed that way. But then my friend Hakajin brought up the fact that major fighting between characters is a major hint in the Japanese world. We have to remember that their customs are different than ours. While we might look for more open affection such as handholding, blushing, interaction; the Japanese feel that a sort of anti-love is also a big 'thing'.

Just think about Sailor Moon. Usaji/Serena and Momaru/Darien were at each others' throats... Then they find out that they're destined to be together.

It's just an interesting prospect.

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

I don't mean cultural differences, I just mean isn't the subject of Misy and Ash touched on more in the dubbed then in the original. I didn't ask for the signs that point to them liking each other. I for one do not think Ash and Misty have any feelings for each other. and when they do fight it's more like in a sibling way not in a lovey way. I've been into anime for 9 years I'm well aware of how the love wave works in anime. But anyways...Ash and Misty I think will just remain best friends. Remember the name of the show if "POKEMON" not Ash and Misty. I think romance in Pokemon would be kind of out of place.
    Last edited by PokeFan4Ever7783; 19th May 2005 at 1:06 AM.

Chibi Guest

Well, it's hard to differenciate between "sibling" fighting and "crush" fighting. I mean, it's just that the two, though angry more than once at each other, always seem the closest out of the tightly knit PKMN group. Misty always leaps on his head when a bug Pokemon scuttles up to her, they always hold each others hands in the dark forests, and Ash always goes gaga when she comes out in a kimono or does something gifted...

Courtesy of the Pokeshippers' reactions to this ep, I now have a new sig.

And I shall c n' p it here for all to see after it is gone...

And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3

Purrrrrrr.

Whoa... first time I can see me and P_B are agreeing on something.

Is that Will or Morty admitting he's bi?

I won something. Click above to find out why.

this was a great episode in my opinion. best gym battle in the orange islands and had a good plot with misty and rudy. entertaining and kept me guessing until the end 10/10

Good episode, very good. The best part is when Squirtle uses Hydro Pump, is very cool! I can't believe Ash didn't notice that Misty loves him...

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom_Bugsy
    And if I see ONE MORE PERSON hate Rudy or Zane because they 'get in the way of THEIR ship', THEY'RE DEAD. I'm SICK OF IT and so are the rest of my little buddies. So cut the ****. None of this 'lol piut a bullet b-twen rudies eyes!!!!11 crap. Or I'll make SURE everyone knows how shallow you are.

there. Now the shallow people who are all OMG RUDY SUX CUS HE WANTSD TEH MISSXY!!!1 can go ta hell. <3
    I don't see why anybody would think Rudy "gets in the way". His role was basically to facilitate Pokéshipping. Misty is given a guy who knows he likes her and comes right out and says it, but turns him down in favor of Ash.

Protoman.EXE Guest

Trovita Island????????

This was an interesting episode, and I actually thought Misty might leave like Brock had. This was one of the better Orange Islands episodes, but Exeggcutor sure was screwed over royally. What were Rudy's other pokemon by the by? I think Alakazam, Venomoth and Golem were there, but I can't remember any others.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

Good Epi. Squirtle learned Hydro Pump and Misty stayed with ash.8/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

As a MSTie, and therefore having seen five of the seven original "Gamera" movies, I seem to be the only one to notice this episode's movie reference - Zenigame's Hydro Pump attack looks pretty darn similar to the method of transportation that Gamera uses. Whereas Gamera spins around shooting flames from his shell, Zenigame spins around shooting water from his.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Great battles although Ash nearly lost.

Another good gym-battle episode from the Orange islands. The way Rudy kept brushing his hair back reminds me very much of Drew/Shuu...

Do the Robot!

I hear Squirtle is also a friend to all children.

This one was a pretty good battle, and Misty stayed with Ash, though some peoples don't even know why

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Gee, wonder why Misty stayed with Ash? Could it be she likes him...
    Name: ASH
    PEARL FRIEND CODE: 4811 3806 8597

I am one of the 3 leaders of the Riolu For Ash Club alongside Dax, and Shadowdragon16. PM or e-mail me to join!

I liked how Misty had to chose between staying with Ash or leaving, it made the gym leader more involved.

simply one of the best pokemon episodes of all time. and defnitely the strongest pokeshipping episode of all time.

No, GCYL was. Ep though was great.
    ;[

what happened.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast