Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Great episode. Nice to see someone else than Ash being in love with Misty (it means Misty is attractive in the Pokemon world), and good to see that Misty chose not to stay with Rudy (I support PokeShipping).

Also, the battle between Ash and Rudy was nice and exciting. Good to see Pikachu lose and Ash still win. This shows that Ash's other Pokemon aren't much worse than Pikachu (who is really overpowered in the anime).
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 5th September 2012 at 4:46 PM.

All the shippy scenes in this episode annoyed me a lot. Since I was only about 7 when I saw this episode, I had absolutely no interest in that sort of thing. :/
    I did like the Gym Battle though, especially when Squirtle used Hydro Pump!

How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

I love this episode!!! ash getting all jelly is so cute hehehee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    How old is Rudy anyway? The way he was portrayed made it seem like he was a little bit out of the "just the right age for 10 year old kids" bracket. The battle wasn't interesting and the scenes between Rudy and Misty weren't interesting. Also, the music that played during the work out scene and the battle was hilariously bad. I don't know how I used to enjoy that music.
    I'd estimate Rudy to be around 20-25 years old. What age do you estimate him?

Danny falling in love with Misty was much more pedophile-like: I'd say Danny is in his late twenties, around 28-30.

I love this episode!!! Misty was really liked by guys in the orange saga, I loved how in the end she chose to stay with Ash. <3

Starmie using Thunderbolt... yay!

Squirtle learning Hydro Pump... yay!

Misty staying with Ash rather than Rudy... boo! She should have stayed with Rudy rather than traveling with that annoying kid. Their was some romance going on! Shame she made such a bad decision!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    Misty staying with Ash rather than Rudy... boo! She should have stayed with Rudy rather than traveling with that annoying kid. Their was some romance going on! Shame she made such a bad decision!
    Sure, Rudy loved Misty, but there is much more romance going on between Ash and Misty! I'm not a fan of Ash, but I am a PokeShipper.

Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side.

And if Misty stayed with Rudy, she'd be out of the show. It's horrible that she has been taken out at the end of Jotho, but if she'd be removed from the show on the Orange Islands, it'd be even more horrible.
    Last edited by AquaMilotic; 22nd February 2012 at 10:19 AM.

this was a perfect episode for 4 kids to make more fake pokeshipping statements

Omg the ending of this episode, shipping so hard.
    Last edited by Blessed; 18th February 2012 at 6:46 AM.

I'd be perfectly happy if Misty were the main character of the series. Her episodes are always a treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Falstaff View Post
    I'd be perfectly happy if Misty were the main character of the series. Her episodes are always a treat.
    Aw lol I would LOVE that! she needs her own spinoff!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Aw lol I would LOVE that! she needs her own spinoff!
    She has some own Pokemon Chronicles episodes... However, that's not her own spinoff, only a few episodes... And Ash should also be in that spinoff (to make PokeShipping canon)!

I did feel kind of bad for Marie at the end. She clearly wanted Misty to stay and be her big sister and was clearly hurt when Misty supported Ash over Rudy (plus she knows more about romance than Ash and she's like 5 years old...).

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    And if Misty stayed with Rudy, she'd be out of the show. It's horrible that she has been taken out at the end of Jotho, but if she'd be removed from the show on the Orange Islands, it'd be even more horrible.
    Yeah, never thought about that. :< Maybe there should be an episode in the future with her back with Rudy and his sister! Seeing as she probably won't be in the main series now with Iris being there.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    Yeah, never thought about that. :< Maybe there should be an episode in the future with her back with Rudy and his sister! Seeing as she probably won't be in the main series now with Iris being there.
    That's a good suggestion! And then, Ash and Misty should be kissing while Rudy watches! Then he'd have to accept and understand PokeShipping!

When I saw this episode for the first time as a little kid, I was really afraid that Misty would stay with Rudy... I'm so glad she didn't, her love for Ash prevailed!

Misty never loved Rudy, she pretended to in order to see if Ash would be jealous, to get proof of PokeShipping from Ash's side. And a second appearance for Rudy and Misty would be a great opportunity to make PokeShipping canon!

When I've heard the music for the first time, I was sure that Squirtle would turn the tide of the match. One of my favourite episodes within the Original + Orange saga.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    I'd estimate Rudy to be around 20-25 years old. What age do you estimate him?

Danny falling in love with Misty was much more pedophile-like: I'd say Danny is in his late twenties, around 28-30.
    People really can't figure out ages in this show, can they? You really thought Rudy was 20 years old. Yet James was supposed to be in his 20's and people thought he was a teen. It's kind of weird. Anyways, I'm glad Squirtle learned Hydro Pump. However, I wonder what would have happened if Ash letted Exeggutor fall of the cliff.

My ideal battle ever!

LOL @ the people who liked Squirtle learning Hydro Pump while the rest of us go gaga over the poke hints.

^
    Because Squirtle is one of the best pokemon out of the #6_ _.

OMG, Pidgeot is awesome too!

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    LOL @ the people who liked Squirtle learning Hydro Pump while the rest of us go gaga over the poke hints.
    But Squirtle was also a big part of this episode. So did the badge and whatever else.

Overall I give this episode

4/10

Coolest Eevee evolution ever!

Squirtle shined in this one!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

Agreed with the above posts, this episode was good for Squirtle finally getting a big Gym win. The whole shipping stuff was overblown and unneeded. Especially with Rudy liking her for no apparent reason really.

I'm glad they stopped doing this as the series progressed.

Lol wonder why guys liking Misty bothers you is beyond me, If guys like Misty it's because she's beautiful. That's why we have Rudy & Danny
    Last edited by Blessed; 20th March 2012 at 8:36 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast