Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

Quote Originally Posted by ZilverLox View Post
    I hated Rudy so much. As suave as he was, I was mad that he was trying to get in the way of Ash & Misty. I loved that Gym battle!
    Yeah, he was a snob tbh. And even if he hadn't tried to seduce Misty, I still would have hated him simply for how pretentious he was acting throughout the episode.

I loved this episode. What's funnier is that it became one of the "Electric Tale of Pikachu" chapters too and the tension made it so epic in both. Although it was funnier in the manga since Rudy crossdressed in the ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    I loved this episode. What's funnier is that it became one of the "Electric Tale of Pikachu" chapters too and the tension made it so epic in both. Although it was funnier in the manga since Rudy crossdressed in the ending.
    I didn't even know that this episode had a manga adaptation. Rudy crossdressing sounds so awkward lol.

I saw this episode again recently and Tracey's video phone call scene where he showed professor Oak his Elekid drawing caught my attention. It's too bad how we didn't get to see professor Oak identify the species however. :[

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    I saw this episode again recently and Tracey's video phone call scene where he showed professor Oak his Elekid drawing caught my attention. It's too bad how we didn't get to see professor Oak identify the species however. :[
    I'm not sure what exciting details Okido-hakase could have told Kenji about Elekid even if he did know what it was, because by this point the audience already knew about Elekid since it appeared in the second movie. I just wonder if Kenji saw and sketched the Elekid drawing on Yuzu Island.

In the dub, Oak didn't even recognize Elekid, which shows that he's clueless despite his professor title. :/

I'm glad Misty chose not to stay with Rudy. He was not a good fit for her.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May, Clemont (Bonnie)'s Dedenne/Sophocles' Togedemaru

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps
    GeekChicShipping National Anthem

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Idk, he seemed to be perfectly tailored for Misty. I'm glad Misty didn't stay with him, but they made a good pair.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu Fan Number Nine View Post
    Me, too. And even if Jigii had been a genuinely nice guy, I couldn't have imagined Kasumi staying on Yuzu Island with him since she was the main cast's only girl character, and the thought of Satoshi having only Kenji as his companion for the remainder of the Orange Archipelago saga would've been so awkward.

One thing that always confuses me was how Starmie knew Thunderbolt, which didn't seem to fit its typing at all. Why not have it use Psychic?

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    One thing that always confuses me was how Starmie knew Thunderbolt, which didn't seem to fit its typing at all. Why not have it use Psychic?
    Jigii's Starmie knowing how to use an Electric-type attack like Thunderbolt was unusual, but at least it was consistent with Starmie's possible moveset from the games. I thought that Starmie using the attack by spinning was clever though, because by spinning it gained enough momentum to build up an electric charge, and it also matched Jigii's rhythmic style of battling.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567