Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Charizard Chills! (107)

Saw the episode yesterday. One of the better episodes in the Original Series and it was the launchpad for the Ash/Charizard combination that we all know now. Both Ash and Charizard did some serious growing up in this episode.
    My deviantArt

U mad bro?

This episode was the most emotional episode, even that episode where Ash almost lets Pikachu go isn't as emotional as this one.
    When it happens...eat pie. =3

Read this if you feel silly.

https://login.fanfiction.net/story/s...1603&chapter=1

Um.. yay? :3

You see me coming, you better not laugh and lie, one man did and one man died!
    (Of laughter)

Pls not to be hating me cos I probably much younger and stupider than you >:U

I'm sure this is just an oversight, but Tad tells Ash he'll 'battle him in the Orange League.' Good thing the league is just fighting the champion...
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

It was nice how Charizard finally obeyed Ash after him & Misty were helping him to recover. The ending was beast because he won and finally listened to Ash.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 4:17 PM.

Finally Charizard obeys! This is probably the most memorable episode for me, because it was just that epic! And it was about time that Charizard learned a lesson for not listening.

xxx

I was surprised that Charizard got frozen into a block of ice like that. I never imagined that Fire types could be frozen. During the part where they were all rubbing Charizard, I liked how Ash was talking about his history with Charizard - it was nice seeing flashbacks of when it was still a Charmander. In the end, I was glad that Charizard began to obey Ash.

Yep, Ash deserved an obedient Charizard.

Golden episode. That moment when Charizard decides to obey Ash from that point onward is unforgettable. The way Ash took care of Charizard when it was freezing from the battle was really a demonstration of a great trainer. Props for Ash in this episode.

So this is the last we see of the rebellious Charizard. I liked Charizard as a disobedient Pokemon, because he was too cool to obey Ash. He was the Fonzie of Pokemon.

Of course, Charizard as an obedient Pokemon has his highlights too.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

I haven't seen this episode, but I've read the synopsis. It sounds good; I'd like to see it. The title pun sounds reeeeaaaally inappropriate, considering the theme.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your sig if you are too.†

Lol Charizard took a hit from articuno and nothing happened but a poliwrath freezes it and hes out for an entire night.

About gosh darn it time Charizard starts obeying Ash. It took too long. But, Chad was a cool character. I'll add him to the list of COTDs that I actually like.

One of my favorite moments came true. Chirizard actually listens. Found it funny that Chirizard got frozen as well.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Finally we actually get to see Ash's most powerful team member obey him. Happy day for everyone.

~ashiemore
    I really need something to put here.

This episode is a huge turning point for both Ash and Charizard. It all started when a large speedboat almost tackled Ash and co. after narrowly missing, the driver introduce himself as Tad. Misty interrupts him demands an apology for "almost" hurting Togepi. Tad says that Misty shouldn't be mad because it makes her face look like a TENTACRUEL.... but Misty takes this as a complement and blushes?? Whoa, that was weird.

Anyway, Tad challenges Ash to a battle and he accepts. Tad and Ash begins their battle with choosing Poliwrath and Pikachu respectivly. Despite Pikachu shocking Poliwrath with his tail, it didn't seem affected by it. But it was easily managed to defeat Pikachu with Hypnosis and Water Gun! Ash wasn't happy about Pikachu’s defeat, so he chooses Charizard. Charizard, as usual, Flamethrowers Ash and starts disobeying him. As a result, Charizard gets frozen by a powerful Ice Beam from Poliwrath and Ash loses the battle.

The episodes starts getting interesting from here. With the help of Misty and Tracy, Ash does his best to warm Charizard up by rubbing his hides. I liked how Ash was talking about the good times he spent with Charizard, it was touching. This is when Charizard realizes that despite it disobeying Ash all the time, he hasn't given up on it.... and guess what? Charizard finally starts obeying Ash! The whole "Ash warming up Charizard" sequence was heartwarming, and the BGM(Tears after the Cloudy Weather) was perfectly fitting for the scene. It was awesome when Ash and Charizard worked as a team and defeated Tad and his Poliwrath, that showed what they can do if they work as a team.

This is, hands down, one of the best Orange Islands episodes. Too bad 4kids chose such a punny dub title for this amazing episode, they should've came up with a better dub title.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 28th April 2014 at 3:09 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Definitely in my Top 5 Pokemon episodes of all time. Badass emotional episode.

Signature Credit: The Comet
    My Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by DarthVader View Post
    lol, why hasn't anyone mentioned that Charizard uses 6 moves in that episode?

Flamethrower
    Rage
    Spin
    Seismic Toss
    Ember
    Take Down

That's really trivial though; I thought this was an excellent episode and one of the turning points in the series.
    His kingler used, I think, ten or twelve attacks in one battle in the Indigo League.
    Also, the anime and the games aren't equal, anyway.

This episode was truly a momentous occasion. Ash's Charizard finally starts obeying him after all this time!
    I know this is the anime and not the games, but it is odd how a fire Pokemon can be frozen that easily.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234