Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pok?mon Water War! (108)

Hybrid View

Default Pok?mon Water War! (108)

Pokémon Water War!

On the next Island, Ash & Co. see a Team Of Fire-Fighters consisting of Squirtles, Wartortles and Blastoises. Eager to test it's Skills, Ash's Squirtle gets to train with them...but when an actual fire turns up, training has to become reality. Can Squirtle stand up to the Wartortles?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This was the first Orange Islands episode I saw and let me tell you something, it sucked. I never knew this was the episode after Charizard Chills at the time and would have joyed if Ash had used it to help move the truck blocking Team Blastoise or for anything. This episode even should have given Squirtle the inspiration to evolve     Spoiler:
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

vulpix Guest

i thought it was completely boring end of story.

I really liked Captain Adan and his team of wartortles as guest stars. They certainly made a great team in this episode and "The Fire-Ring Squad". I like the competition Squirtle felt with the wartortle leader and how they managed to resolve it in the end. It was especially funny when squirtle and the wartortle leader crashed into each other during the race and rolled across the finish line, and Tracey declared that they broke a land speed record. I do think it was a bit contrived that the blastoise team got held up by a truck that they weren't seen moving until several minutes later, when I"m pretty sure (based on blastoise's size and the number of them) that they could have easily gotten that out of the way much sooner and helped fight the fire, but otherwise that's my only quibble with the episode.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/04 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

i thought it was boring and made me want to sleep. 6/10 at the most....

Great filler Orange Islands ep ever!!! Nothing interesting though.

Not very inteesting, one of the more boring episodes in the Orange Islands

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good filler episode I like when they show Pokemon doing stuff other than battling, also a bunch of Blastoise held up by a overturned bus could have been dealt with better, and Ash could've simply used Charizard to rescue the kid instead of Squirtle and Wartortle going in.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

there wasn't much to see in this episode, the glasses of ash's squirtle are funny though.

I liked the whole tracey didnt no what the glasses meant thing because he wasnt there. First time i saw this i thought squirtle was either gunna leave or evolve.

Cap'n Aiden... not bad looking ^_~ I remember actually saluting him when I watched this episode years ago.

The rest of the episode was kind of boring, though... Water Pokémon extinguishing fires... hooray! =\
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Boring episode. I've had about enough of Squirtle by this point.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Not a great Squirtle episode, i've seen better.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Meh...Wartortle made the episode good Squirtle dint
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

This episode was very good, its obvious people haven't watched it in years.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    This episode was very good, its obvious people haven't watched it in years.
    Oh I BEG to differ. It was downright dreadful.

At least Squirtle had some screentime to itself. I really didn't like the fact that there had to be little rivalry.

I did like the ending though. Wartortle and Squirtle working together to save the little boy from the burning building. 4/10

This episode was terrible but also HILARIOUS due to the sheer amount of bad puns in quick succession. I watched this last and couldn't help but laugh.

"Pikachu has seen the light"

"It's a real bright spark"

"Pikachu has become our biggest fan...!" (While showing an electronic fan.)

A few scenes later Meowth mentions he's as 'hard as nails' and Jessie and James respond by threatening to 'hammer' him.

Oh Team Rocket. There was also a pretty bizarre/terrible line where James offers Ash and co. a "freezy weezy treat".

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso View Post
    This episode was terrible but also HILARIOUS due to the sheer amount of bad puns in quick succession. I watched this last and couldn't help but laugh.

"Pikachu has seen the light"

"It's a real bright spark"

"Pikachu has become our biggest fan...!" (While showing an electronic fan.)

A few scenes later Meowth mentions he's as 'hard as nails' and Jessie and James respond by threatening to 'hammer' him.

Oh Team Rocket. There was also a pretty bizarre/terrible line where James offers Ash and co. a "freezy weezy treat".
    Yeah! It's weird how when you watch these episodes now, they're hilarious, but back then we didn't understand any of it. This episode was pretty exciting back in the day.

It was an okay episode. It was nice to see Squirtle have a rivalry with a Pokemon. And Wartortle was the perfect Pokemon for it. I liked the Misty took control of setting out the fire. Even though she didn't succeed.

I remember this episode, I used to have it on VC and watch it pretty often. Loved how the Blastoise were too big to approach the fire and how the Squirtle didn't have a powerful enough Water Gun, meaning the Wartortles and Ash's Squirtle had to take action. One of the best fillers in the season.

P.S. Misty's Staryu is awesome

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I loved the battle between Squirtles and Wartortles.
    I think Squirtel showed a lot of courage, although it smaller.
    And the end was good, they worked in cooperation.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was an okay episode. Not too exciting, but oh well.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

This episode was ok. The puns were funny. Seeing Squirtle and Wartortle work together was really cool, the fire rescue was great.

32/100

=DDDDDDD Squirtles, Wartortles, Blastoises???? What can be better than that!!!

8/10
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Seeing Ash and Misty rush in to stop a building that was burning was unnecessary. There was no reason why they needed to do that. It's nice to see Squirtle have an episode dedicated to it including a flashback to the Squirtle Squad as well.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast