Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pokeball Peril! (085)

Default Pokeball Peril! (085)

Pokéball Peril!

After arriving on Valencia Island, Ash & Co must set out to find Prof. Ivy and get the Ball. When they arrive, they see Ivy is fully entrenched in Research and she shows the GS Ball to them, but Brock starts to take a liking to Ivy. Will Brock stay with the group?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Gosh - I'm shocked that no pokéshippers have discussed this one yet :P

Aside from that it was actually a very well constructed pro Brock episode, all his qualities were shown to great effect in this, the breeding skills, the cooking & cleaning skills, and yes even the female skills :P

Couldn't ask for a better send off for Brock, certainly much better than the one in "Gotta catch ya later!". "Friends to the end Ash, Friends to the end Brocko" *hard hand shake*.

Brilliant.

Post Favorite Episode

This is my most favorite Pokemon Pokemon episode. I do reseacher on it all the like for storyline to the away in look and even voice.

I do a lot with is episode. I still do. resacher On it.

I just love the ending of this episode! Jessie and James proved themselves as pokeshippers and I just love how they were teasing Ash and Misty! It was sooooo kawaii! I just love Team Rocket so much after this episode XD ehhe too bad there areant other episodes like this.

Reach high,
    For
    stars lie hidden in your soul.
    Dream deep,
    For every
    dream precedes the goal.

+:: Ralph Vaull Starr ::+

i swear that raticate was a shiny raticate!!!

so J&J r pokeshippers! and Ash and Misty blushed!!!
    Your banner was too big, so it was removed. This is your 5th strike, so your entire signature was removed, you were banned for 3 weeks, and will lose signature privileges shortly. Do not edit your signature anymore. Please remember to read the signature rules and get your signature checked if you need help.

Ahh. Yes, these were the good old pokeshipping days. Probably one of the most shippy episodes ever. Sigh. It's good to know that even Jessie and James are Pokeshippers, they and a million other charakters from the show.
    Am I interesting enough to have a livejournal?

To understand others is to be well informed;
    To know yourself is to be wise.
    To conquer others is to have strength;
    To conquer yourself is to be strong.
    ~Lao-tzu, Toa-te ching~

OMG! Exclusive footage from the very last episode of pokemon!!! Click here, and press "Watch this Movie!"

98% of teens won't stand up for God. Repost this in your sig if you like chocolate.

I liked this little arc, it was a good series of episodes and a great way to introduce the Orange Islands. I liked the whole idea of having them travel around by blimp because blimps are cool.XP I also liked how Jigglypuff was featured a lot around this time. She was really funny and it was nice to have some continuity in the series. She was around a lot but not in every single episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracross
    She was really funny and it was nice to have some continuity in the series. She was around a lot but not in every single episode.
    Really? How do you Jigglypuff's a female? Wow must of missed that episode when they said that.

Default Rachel

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Really? How do you Jigglypuff's a female? Wow must of missed that episode when they said that.
    Well Jigglypuff is play by Rachel lills.

whta did you not like about this epiodes?
    For most people it watch Satoshi and Kasumi leave Brock. Not me. Hello Kenji.

Melissa Guest

The episode was pretty dull until the very end TR was making fun of Ash and Misty. But it was ironic since Jessie and James are by themselves lots of times just like Ash and Misty were when Brock left. (Meowth doesn't count since it's just a pokemon like pikachu.)

how exactly are the vileplume and other pokemon different?

You know, this episode loses some of its edge in hindsight, since we all know that Brock comes back 30 episodes later, he's had a couple of brief absences since, and his relationship with Professor Ivy went horribly wrong somewhere (and the fact that they were stuck with the GS ball for 60 episodes doesn't help). At least they gave him a good sendoff, since he really felt at home, but this episode just doesn't have the same kind of impact that it would have had if I'd been watching the episode six years ago. The only parts I like about the episode are Brock freaking over the messy kitchen, Brock taking care of the Butterfree, and the bit where they show the triplets trying all sorts of ways to open the GS ball.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 8/31 NEW!! 9/2 NEW!! 9/6
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

This episode was really touching when I found out Takeshi was leaving. That last line Satoshi and Takeshi said while giving each other high-fives was really heart-warming. It was hilarious when Rocket-Dan was teasing Satoshi and Kasumi. Never really knew what happened between Takeshi and Prof. Ivy though...

I give this episode 8/10 for being well thought out, touching, and being really hilarious.
    Tales of REDPLICAAAAAA!
    Anime Blog [x] Art [0] Bishoujou [0] BMGf [x] LiveJournal [x] Eggbear! [x] Credit [n/a]
    .UVERworld。

Lorelei2006 Guest

I actualy loved the episode and wanted to watc it over and over my sister taped over it.

hey. what is in that gs ball?
    [IMG]http://i6.*******.com/155gqqe.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Aerodactyl
    hey. what is in that gs ball?
    No one has any clue and probably won't be discovered any time soon.

An alright epi. Didnt like how they ditched brock but Tracey is an alright character

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

That magikarp in Professor Oak's lab was real random..... and creepy. I doubt you'd remember it if you haven't seen the ep in years because it's just one of those things.
    Ivy's pretty hot, in the weirdest way. She's beautiful too. And those three kids were funny. We dont really see a lot of lab assistants in the anime. I mean there's Joshua and then there's Kenji but I'm not sure if he counts.

I don't think Brock's departure was handled too well. He didn't even tell the others he would be leaving...some friend, eh?
    Oh, and Crystal Clair, I watched the episode this morning, and that Magikarp was mighty random. Ivy can handle Gyarados, whereas Oak can only manage a Magikarp.
    Professor Ivy needs to get some sleep...

Do the Robot!

The only thing I didn't like about this ep was Ash & Misty being teased by Team Rocket.

Lmao I loved that scene, classic

The only problem with it was that Ash/Misty had the perfect oppurtunity to tease James and Jessie back in the same way.
    [IMG]http://i44.*******.com/kdshlh.jpg[/IMG]
    | Fifth Voyager | Team Rocket Gallery | Youtube Channel |

I didn't like this one that much, Brock had to leave , but lol at the part Team Rocket teased Ash & Misty

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Sad to see Brock leave but I think it's for the best gives Ash and Misty a little alone time together and also allows them to interact with other people. Prof. Ivy is my second favorite professor to bad she didn't get much screen time, I would've loved to have seen more with her. I loved the different Pokemon n the islands gives a sense that the Pokemon world is very vast and different. I liked the part where TR teased Ash & Misty and both of them turned away blushing so you know theirs something their they just don't want to admit it to each other. Lastly I loved the cliffhanger at the end of this episode one of the best in the series.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Best thing about this episode: The scenery. I don't know, but after seeing the Digitally animated episodes for so long, and then seeing an episode with good animation, and locales that actually look unique, I feel some strange, warm and fuzzy feeling. But the episode itself was great. Especially with Professor Ivy, the only female professor in the whole world, it seems. such a great character.

Marry the Night

I love this ep! 2nd fave ever! (to Shell Shock!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast