Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serebii V Smogon

Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Might as well escalate it.

You're saying your Beedrill is better than Scizor? I don't think so. If you like UU Pokemon better, then say so. You can not justify that UUs are better statistically; the only acceptable answer is favoritism.

I have no comment on this unless you want me to.

If they're being treated like dirt, then either: a) the analyses are outdated and people just don't want to put the thought into it, because b) the pokemon just sucks.

I don't mind facing UUs in Uber bttles. The only excuse for a person to be ticked off by UUs in ubers is simply because they don't know about their abilities
    Why are you basing your arguments on UU then?

LOL, it seems that you're a true unique Smogon, and I don't care what you think. All I'm saying is that UU pokemon are better than Ubers and people like you doesn't know how to accept other people's opinions.

Oh, and any UU pokemon can be used in the Uber metagame and you think that Scizor is better than Beedrill?? Well, here's two things that Beedrill is BETTER than Scizor.

Beedrill: 4x resistance to fighting; learns Endeavor

Scizor: Quickly dies to fighting attacks while Beedrill survives.

Get it?? UU pokemon are simply better. It's just that you Smogon lovers are too lazy to use UU pokemon in real battles, and not caring about them. End of story.

I like UU pokemon...

But that doesn't mean I don't use Smogon for things like movesets. I joined Smogon because I wanted to do the apprentice program but never managed to do it because it confused me. I hope that SPP gets some kind of tutor program going, I voted in a recent poll here because I wanted it to happen.
    I will Rule

Pinsir is one of the best UU pokemon out there. It can be devastating in the wrong hands. That is why I have claimed it. Because those hands are mine.
    Userbar by oske (who has left us), shipwrecks and myself.

Spoiler:- Other Claims:

Quote Originally Posted by Witchan View Post
    LOL, it seems that you're a true unique Smogon, and I don't care what you think. All I'm saying is that UU pokemon are better than Ubers and people like you doesn't know how to accept other people's opinions.

Oh, and any UU pokemon can be used in the Uber metagame and you think that Scizor is better than Beedrill?? Well, here's two things that Beedrill is BETTER than Scizor.

Get it?? UU pokemon are simply better. It's just that you Smogon lovers are too lazy to use UU pokemon in real battles, and not caring about them. End of story.
    Oh yeah, that's right. Beedrill has an SR weakness and crap defense, which means it completely outclasses Scizor. You survive one Fighting attack. Great. But then you get KOd by any move not of the fighting type. Since Psychic types are so prevalent in ubers (which you obviously don't know, or else you would not suggest a Beedrill of all things), what is the point of using a Beedrill? It has no tactical advantage over Scizor because it doesn't have a priority move to use(meaning that Ratatta outclasses it).
    UU pokemon are not better, necessarily. They can beat OU pokes if they are used correctly. This is true. However, I've never seen a Luvdisc or a Beedrill in Ubers. Why? Because they suck.
    Last edited by Firehawk10590; 13th March 2009 at 9:31 PM.
    New FC: 1118-6117-3309

Record is 461-4.
    Don't play Pokemon anymore, except for war battles and requests.
    XBL Gamertag is Deathhawk164.

Epic Quotes:
    Quote Originally Posted by Pamizard
    but like how can garchomp be uber.
    Quote Originally Posted by drawbird
    I,ve just faced a trainer with a smeargle which knows DARK VOID (Clearly this person hacked the game or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhys29
    If he learned U-Turn I would jizz my pants. Literally.

Smogon are for people with not that much of a social life that force poor Ellie Eevee and Gary Glameow to breed like rabits so the can get a specific IV set so their Flareon can have Hidden Power Rock, and kill more than enough Starly's so their Flareon can outrun a catch 22 iv, 252 speed EV trained Marowak.

true original diva

...are you serious? Are you really serious?

First off, Stealth Rock destroys Beedrill and with its pitiful defenses, it won't be surviving much anyway. Scizor has decent defenses, amazing attack (Swords Dance+Bullet Punch+Technician=Death for things that don't resist it), only ONE weakness (4x to fire, but still only one). Scizor has better attack, defenses, hell everything compared to Beedrill.

If you LIKE UU Pokemon and prefer to use them, just say so. If you like putting Psycho Cut and Iron Tail on Alakazam, just say so. If you don't want to EV train and just play the game like you want, just say so. But saying that people are lazy and don't like them is just ignorant.

I don't like Gengar, so I must not care about OU. Oops, I use Infernape and Weavile so I guess I don't. I don't like using Sunflora, so I must not care about UU. Oops, I use Flareon and Dodrio, so I guess I don't. No one give a crap what you use, unless its a team of 6 Arceus or Mewtwo. No one cares if you use a team of Butterfree, Beedrill, Paresect, Quagsire, Golduck, and Vespiqueen.

But on the topic at hand, Smogon and Serebii=Mew and Kyogre. Serebii's general Pokemon, and Smogon is specifically competitive Pokemon battling. I prefer both for different reasons, but I don't really prefer one over the other.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiredragon929 View Post
    Smogon are for people with not that much of a social life that force poor Ellie Eevee and Gary Glameow to breed like rabits so the can get a specific IV set so their Flareon can have Hidden Power Rock, and kill more than enough Starly's so their Flareon can outrun a catch 22 iv, 252 speed EV trained Marowak.
    So this is why everyone sucks at battling here..

Record is 461-4.

Epic Quotes:
    I,ve just faced a trainer with a smeargle which knows DARK VOID (Clearly this person hacked the game or something).

Well, I am more active on these forums, cause they can be fun. I do browse Smogon a lot and play competitively on their shoddy server though.

IMO, these forums unfortunately are filled with idiots, while smogon's forums are filled with assholes. Just a generalization, but that's kind of the way I see it. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch of Team Rocket View Post
    Reading this page just gives me the impression
    Serebii = RBY's Red or GSC's Gold, treating all pokemon with affection

Smogon = RBY's Blue or GSC's Silver, demanding everything from strong pokemon and treating anything else like dirt
    Cool! You seem like an experienced battler, so that statement must be true!

Record is 461-4.

Epic Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Firehawk10590 View Post
    So this is why everyone sucks at battling here..
    Someone's sarcasm humor is detected. I mean the IV and EV breeding/training says something about your lack of social life (Seriously, THAT much time on your hands).

But still I am a pretty good battler. Just next time, if it sounds super-sillious it probably is.

true original diva

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiredragon929 View Post
    Someone's sarcasm humor is detected. I mean the IV and EV breeding/training says something about your lack of social life (Seriously, THAT much time on your hands).
    Not necessarily. It's quite possible to breed and what not and still have a social life. I can EV train a pokemon in under an hour. And I've got a pretty decent social life, including a job, sports, and school.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions on someone's social life just because they breed and EV train. >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Serebii View Post
    The reason it took me a while before I even considered doing a competitive battling section (and then took 2 years to get Willowwhisp on board to do the PotWs) is because I don't believe in people conforming to set standards. I think people should battle with what they want, how they want.

I also wish people would stop saying Serebii.net is very broad. We're a very game orientated website, with a large focus on anim&#233;. There's lots of stuff we don't cover such as cards, the TFG, merchandise and all sorts of stuff. We focus on games, thats where our skill is at and where most of our work goes. Anim&#233; is also another main focus but less so since we lost our episode guide writer (we're like two years behind now).
    Well said Serebii i agree with that, why should people feel like they should be batling with certain types?

They're free to use whichever Pokemon they choose, and sod everyone else.

I don't EV train, i just battle with whichever i like and i've not done too badly up to now.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Well, if you don't EV train, you're going to be whooped once you fight someone that does :P
    It's not bad to not EV train, but if you want to win, then that's what you have to do... If you're more focused towards playing for fun with your friends, then not EV training is fine. That's not to say you can't have fun using an EV trained team, though (once you get into it, it's actually more fun).
    With recent advances in researching how the game actually works, it's now possible to breed multiple flawless Pok&#233;mon in one day in Emerald; therefore, you can have a good team and a social life.
    The reason people use OU Pok&#233;mon over UU Pok&#233;mon is because they're playing to win. UU Pok&#233;mon are weaker than OU Pok&#233;mon; just because Beedrill can learn Endeavor and has a 4x resistance to fighting doesn't mean it's better. In fact, the two most common Fighting types (Infernape and Lucario) can OHKO it with their other moves quite easily. And what can Beedrill do in return with a mere 80 base Attack? That's right, nothing. 40 base Defense kinda negates your Fighting resist, anyway.
    However, UUs do have the surprise factor on their side. How many people here know that Manectric learns Flamethrower, or Clamperl with a DeepSeaTooth has more Sp. Atk than a Choice Specs Latias? Yes, they're usually outclassed, but they do have their use. Half of my current team is UU, by the way. And most of them don't use 'standard' sets; however, this isn't because I dislike Smogon, it's because they work better in my team.
    But there's some UUs that I would never use. For example, I wouldn't ever use Beautifly (outclassed by Yanmega) or Luvdisc (outclassed by, well, everything) in the OU environment. Or even Unown; seriously, any Psychic-type can learn Hidden Power and call itself a better Unown. OU Pok&#233;mon are used more than UUs for a reason; they are generally better.

Anyway, on-topic, I'm actually more active on Smogon. But that's because it's a totally different site. If I was an anime fan, I would visit Serebii more often. I still do use Serebii for non-competitive game info, such as level-up move lists etc. But for me (and most other competitive battlers), Smogon is the way to go.

Get it?? UU pokemon are simply better.
    I MUST SIG THIS

That is seriously the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Learns Endeavor? What the hell can it do with it? Nothing. Beedrill uses Endeavor, Beedrill dies straight away after it gets hit.

Or, in a more realistic scenario, Beedrill gets reduced to 1 HP, then dies to sandstorm and never gets to use Endeavor.

Scizor quickly dies to fighting attacks? 100 defense and neutrality to Fighting say no. Beedril can barely survive Fighting attacks anyway, thanks to pathetic Defense.

And, for your information, the current Manaphy test (answering if Manaphy really is Uber) has introduced a surge in the use of UUs, mainly Omastar, Kabutops, Abomasnow and Ludicolo. Soon they will become OUs, and Donphan and friends will become UU. If Manaphy becomes OU of course.

Also, the UU test (bringing the BLs into UU to see what happens) was almost immediately initiated after Gallade was knocked out of OU, into BL. When Gallade was tested along with the other BLs, everyone declared it as "too good" and it detracted from the UU tier(along with several others) and now it is Suspect. So no, Smogon does not love its OUs only.

At the end of the day, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about and you should stop posting in this thread before you embarass yourself even more.
    Last edited by meteor64; 13th March 2009 at 9:46 PM.
    I don't play 4th Gen or 5th Gen.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"
    I think he rolled Chaotic Neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I MUST SIG THIS

That is seriously the stupidest thing I have ever read.

Learns Endeavor? What the hell can it do with it? Nothing. Beedrill uses Endeavor, Beedrill dies straight away after it gets hit.

Or, in a more realistic scenario, Beedrill gets reduced to 1 HP, then dies to sandstorm and never gets to use Endeavor.

Scizor quickly dies to fighting attacks? 100 defense and neutrality to Fighting say no. Beedril can barely survive Fighting attacks anyway, thanks to pathetic Defense.

And, for your information, the current Manaphy test (answering if Manaphy really is Uber) has introduced a surge in the use of UUs, mainly Omastar, Kabutops, Abomasnow and Ludicolo. Soon they will become OUs, and Donphan and friends will become UU. If Manaphy becomes OU of course.

Also, the UU test (bringing the BLs into UU to see what happens) was almost immediately initiated after Gallade was knocked out of OU, into BL. When Gallade was tested along with the other BLs, everyone declared it as "too good" and it detracted from the UU tier(along with several others) and now it is Suspect. So no, Smogon does not love its OUs only.

At the end of the day, you really don't have a clue what you are talking about and you should stop posting in this thread before you embartasss yourself even more.
    Umm... you spelled "embarrased " wrong. Just a reminder.

I didnt need telling. What an unnecessary post. Its a typo.

My Youtube Channel. Feel tired of 5th Gen, with Stealth Rock, Eviolite, Choice Scarf, and priority everywhere? Come check out some good old ADV OU, where you can waste your time watching battles that go on for more than 50 turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Charmander#4 in the thread "Is the God of the Bible Good, Evil or Neutral?"

Quote Originally Posted by meteor64 View Post
    I didnt need telling. What an unnecessary post. Its a typo.
    Oh, and, I tested Octillery in Uber battles for revenge-killing and a killer moveset/EVs. Just another reminder.

Keep spamming and being off topic and youll be getting all the infractions you've already earned for yourselves. Just another reminder
    My TSVs are 1021 and 1558

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you! Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 2844, 2955

Octillery lacks the speed, even with scarf, to revenge kill. 310 Speed max. with scarf. Even though I like Octillery, it just cant do Uber. It can just about be useful as a BP recipient in OU, and that should be its only use there. In UU is where it shines.

EDIT- sorry jess, didn't see you posted until afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pkmn Breeder Jack View Post
    Not necessarily. It's quite possible to breed and what not and still have a social life. I can EV train a pokemon in under an hour. And I've got a pretty decent social life, including a job, sports, and school.

You shouldn't jump to conclusions on someone's social life just because they breed and EV train. >.>
    Congratulations you either have a very long car trips or your an exception. Besides that's good an all, but to do all that and then go on Smogon and just tear down others says something about your lack of social time.

true original diva

Equal; Serebii is broad, creative, and thinks about all aspects of Pokemon, and has good, open, balanced recommendations for competitive battling, but battling is all Smogon thinks of, but is incredibly good at it by attempting to max out stats to the extremes, and therefore is a better battling reference than Serebii.

God this thread has been reported a million times already. Let's settle it quick and easy

Smogon = Battling
    Serebii = Pokemon Fandom

Different subjects and different audiences make them incomparable. End of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12