Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

Default Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

Pokémon Double Trouble!

On Kumquat Island, Ash discovers Luana, the Final Orange Island Gym Leader, who mistakes him for her son. After defending the island from the Rockets, they head to the gym to have a Double Battle...Pikachu & Charizard VS Marowak and Alakazam...will Pikachu & Charizard learn to work as a Team?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Factory Head Noland Guest

Now this was a great Gym Battle! Ash's first double battle ever. It was funny when Pikachu and Charizard wouldn't work together at the start of the battle but then they had to work together to win the battle, teamwork was so vital in is battle. Marowak and Alakazam were really tough opponents aswell.

meggirl63 Guest

I really liked the double match 'cause I got to see Pikachu and Charizard working together as a team. HOW SWEET IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay! The Jade Star Badge! It was so funny when Luana tackled Ash, mistaking him for her son, Travis!
    I'M DOING IT SO I CAN QUIT YOU EVIL SEREBII!
    BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME! BAN ME!

hmm...what ever happened to Travis in the series? we never got a chance to see him in any other episode. where is he?

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Ororo Munroe Guest

This was a good episode and the first double battle. I'm surprised double battles weren't put into the games or made a big part of the show until Hoenn. After seeing this episode I wanted to try a double battle myself.

This episode has two things I really like about it: one of my favorite Team Rocket machines (the robo-rhydon) and one of my favorite gym leaders (Luann). I especially like the part where Luann fawns all over Ash, just like that one mom did in season one's "Hypno's Naptime". I still remember the week they were doing "outtakes" during the Road to Indigo, and they did outtakes for this scene. I loved Brock showing up and asking if he could do the scene.

Also, I really like Team Rocket's machine because I think it was interesting how they used their pokemon to both power up the machine and launch attacks. That was definitely a unique device. The title of this episode is so misleading, though. I always associate "double trouble" with Team Rocket, so it seems they would play a bigger role in the episode than they do. It turned out that the double trouble only had to do with the gym battle.

As for the gym battle, I'm glad Charizard learned how to be a team player.

great gym battle and a great way to show the first ever double pokemon battle. i thought the battle wasnt as great as the others though, but it was still enjoyable to watch 9/10

Really great double battle. This was the best gym battle in the Orange League ever.
    Just because I breed for natures and EV train does not mean I treat my pokemon like mindless drones or just data. Pokemon are more than just data to me. They're my prized possesions. I love my Pokemon.

Playing is Believing -Nintendo

Sprite Resources
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid Meat
    Most of you are followers by going by what the most popular users think and copying their idea not expressing you own ideas.
    The quote that describes the many people that use cliche opinions.

I will not be posting much often. Only like once per month to keep my account alive.

I found it interesting that they introduced Double Battles when Ruby, Sapphire or the Hoenn Region didn't exsist at that time. I liked the gym battle and seeing Charizard used correctly for the first time in a battle and not being disobedient.

Dr. Sun Guest

What can I say that hasn't already been said? Charizard unleashes his full power and finally listens to Ash. Ash uses his two strongest pokemon against a group of worthy adversaries, and delivers an awesome battle into the bargain. Brilliant episode.

O Coronis Poderia criar sprites dos gym leaders of Orange League??? Seria muito bom para nós fâs...

Great episode especially when Jessie went ballistic and then really mad (and vain) for being called old.

One of my favorite episodes, plus yah get to see Ash in his swim suite =]
    And that part where the mom mistook Ash for her son, halerious. We need another episode like that for AG, it would be funny to see May's face if that happend. Any who I enjoyed it.

This was a great episode, not only for the Double Battle, but for the humor (tackling thing) although at Alakazam's expense. That was cheap how he lost... Nonetheless,

9.5/10

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Very good gym battle, the only one battle better is the Pumelo Stadium one

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Yeah excellent episode Ash's first official double battle way before they introduced them in the Hoen region. Luana is one of my favorite gym leaders mostly because she helped introduce double battles. A couple errors I got to point out Charizard should be affected by Bonemerang since he's part flying, also he shouldn't be able to use Tackle since neither Charizard or his pre-evolutions can't learn the move.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

i liked this episode, that double battle was awesome.

Definitely one of the better gym battles. It was pretty sick seeing pikachu jump on charizard and go to work. Whatever happened to that Travis kid?

I liked Luana, she was so funny! Tackling Ash... too funny!

The battle was pretty good too. The first ever Double Battle, if I recall correctly. Seeing Pikachu and Charizard working together was perfection ^-^ Good episode all & all.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Good episode. Ash probably felt lucky getting squeezed in her breasts like that :P Good double battle too.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I think the double battle was a good idea, it got Ash prepared for anything he might encounter in the future.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I like this episode, Luana is my fave Orange island leader..she got Marowak
    and her name is the same as my dog XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Does anybody else think it would've been cooler if Luana turned out to be Richie's mother? Instead of making it a meaningless character named Travis that we'd never see?

Hmm I liked Luana. She was all in your face.

I really enjoyed the double battle because Pikachu and Charizard worked together. It was easy to get the badge when you have your 2 strongest Pokemon with you.

7/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast