Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokémon Double Trouble! (110)

It was a great double battle.

Pikachu and Charizard were very stubborn, untill they have relaized they needs to win for Ash.

And i loved how Luana thought that Ash is her son.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Its funny to think about how back in the day double battles were some fresh new idea that this gym leader came up with and now they're all the rage.

I enjoyed this episode a lot.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

That was a great episode. . .picachu

Ah the first ever double battle in pokemon. It was a pretty good battle, even if Charizard and Pikachu didn't get along in the beginning. Also, Luana had a pretty cool personality.

8/10

Very good episode. I really liked the Double battle for the gym battle. The 1st time they introduced this to Pokemon. Charizard and Pikachu won the gym battle in a really cool way. to defeat Alakazam and Marowak was a very good feat.

80/100

Luana tackling Ash like that made my day. I like when Ash gets bullied. And Charizard/ Pikachu team?? Mmm...

6/10

Boring.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Ash should've lost the battle but I guess they didn't want to extend the Orange Islands any further. The battle was boring though and Luana was annoying. It would've been interesting to see James teach Weezing Hyper Beam at some point but I guess it was still classified as a game breaking attack at this point.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

It was funny when Luana thought that Ash was her son (isn't this like the second time that's happened?). I do wonder what happened to Travis though...

Making the Gym Battle a double battle was something I found interesting. I especially like how the match ended, with Alakazam and Marowak getting hit by each other's attacks.

This episode was nice, it was so cute when Ash and Misty took a bath in that tub and Pikachu washing Togepi's back. The double battle was really exciting to see & I'm glad Ash won his last badge to compete in the Orange League.
    Last edited by Blessed; 4th September 2012 at 2:35 AM.

The first anime double battle! This was a memorable episode, just because of that. The battle itself was pretty nice, Charizard being stubborn but then winning after that, that's typically Charizard. Luana thinking Ashyboy was her son was funny. 9/10.

It's Dodrio!
    I still find it weird how she couldn't even recognise that Ash wasn't her son. I quite liked Team Rocket's Rhydon machine in this one! It was like a roulette of their Pokémon. And yay, the first Double battle. Luana was a cool Gym Leader, and her Gym Hotel thing looked fabulous!

"I'M NOT OLD!!!!" lol

xxx

The first part was boring. Seeing as the first half was focused on Team Rocket's mischievous plan in stealing Team Rocket. The second part was better. A apic battle with both Charizard and Pikachu overcoming odds and working together as a team and winning the match.

The first Double Battle in the anime. Well, the first official Double Battle in the anime. Pikachu and Charizard are a good team. Luana was a funny character. It was funny to hear Misty call Jessie old.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Kitsune Yoko Kurama View Post
    The first Double Battle in the anime. Well, the first official Double Battle in the anime. Pikachu and Charizard are a good team. Luana was a funny character. It was funny to hear Misty call Jessie old.
    Ironic, since in another anime that 4kids dubbed (Dinosaur King, I love that anime D8 ...But mostly cuz of the fact I love dinosaurs ._.) a character Jessie's VA voices gets incredibly ticked when called old. D8 Concidence probably, but funny nonetheless. =P I don't remember much of this episode but I liked it. ^_^ Yay for two of my favorite Pokemon working together.
    MMing: Espurr, 90 eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    Good. You can never understand the mindset of a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Raspberyl View Post
    Ironic, since in another anime that 4kids dubbed (Dinosaur King, I love that anime D8 ...But mostly cuz of the fact I love dinosaurs ._.) a character Jessie's VA voices gets incredibly ticked when called old. D8 Concidence probably, but funny nonetheless. =P I don't remember much of this episode but I liked it. ^_^ Yay for two of my favorite Pokemon working together.
    Haha. I know you love seeing Pikachu and Charizard teamed up. Charizard almost barbequed Pikachu and Ash acknowledged it. xD

This is the episode that introduced double battles in the Pokémon anime. Ash's Pikachu and Charizard didn't get alone at the beginning, but I liked how they teamed up against Luana's Alakazam and Marowak and defeated them after a while. It's funny when Luana hugged Ash, mistaking him for her son. It reminded me of the time when another woman gave Ash a hug, mistaking him for her son in 'Hypno's Naptime'. xD

In the japanese version of this episode, there was a inappropiate scene where Luana pressed Ash's head into her chest and it was cut from the English dub. There's no way 4kids would keep that part in this episode.

Overall, it was a great episode. I'm glad Ash got the Jade Star badge.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 3rd December 2013 at 6:58 AM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Cool to see the first Double Battle in the anime.
    It was neat strategy to have Alakazam and Marowak get hit by the others attack.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12