Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Wacky Watcher! (111)

This episode seems informative because a Pokemon Watcher studies Magikarp evolution. When they do, Team Rocket is always expected to barge in.

Oh well..what can you do.
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

Good filler.

The watcher was really short....

And Tracey got more screentime than usual.

5/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

That Dr. Quackenbooger guy really creeped me out. They should've just ate the Magikarp. I'd like to see his reaction then.

I thought it was the worst Filler in the original series. I swear.

I know they intended to teach the audience and to give Tracey a hero/purpose, but it didn't work. As stated, the doctor was creepy.

Tracey's 22 minutes of fame I suppose. He barely ever got any screentime. 1/10

This episode aired yesterday on Boomerang. It was a really funny episode. Dr. Quakenpoker was full of funny one liners. Tracey wasn't so boring in this episode either.

The way Ash called Bulbasaur out to battle was really cool, since his hands were full he just knocked the pokeball out of his pocket and kicked it around like a hacky sack towards team rocket. Then Bulbasaur hit James in the face with a Vine Whip.

Very funny episode.
    I've officially claimed Swampert!

Nice episode, Pokemon Watcher is a good idea to find and follow fish pokemon like Magicarp.

James had problems with his head... Very funny.^_^

This episode was ok... "Quakenpoker" was a really funny name, he was very funny as well. Nice to see how devoted he was to studying the Magikarp and how they evolve and climp up the waterfall. It did move too slow for me personally though...

28/100

Yes, yes this was a cute episode I suppose. Tracey getting an episode before the end of the Orange Islands was good for him I guess. Magikarp aren't really the most interesting Pokémon though so yeah. it was boring even at the end of the episode.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was a Tracey episode, so I didn't care for it at all. My favorite part was Ash & Misty sleeping in the same tent.
    Last edited by Blessed; 3rd September 2012 at 4:08 PM.

This was a good episode, focusing on Magikarp. It's sad that our favourite salesman, the Magikarp Salesman didn't appear.... Good that Tracey got an episode dedicated to him. It's an enjoyable filler, 8/10.

It's Poliwag!
    A Magikarp found in the pants of a kid named Quakenpoker... how very odd. This episode was okay. I don't see why Ash and co assumed it is perfectly safe being in the middle of the ocean. The most impressive thing about the episode was probably the way he brought out Bulbasaur's Pokéball.

xxx

I'm a HUGE Groucho Marx fan and Pokemon was absolutely the last place I expected to see him. Amazing!

The 'Magikarp in my pajamas' gag is one of Groucho's most famous bits, when he played a big-game hunter in 'Animal Crackers'. The original line was 'elephant' not Magikarp.

This episode had some pretty funny parts, like when James got that Magikarp stuck on his head. The name "Quackenpoker" itself was pretty amusing too. I also liked how Team Rocket was stranded on that tiny island at the end surrounded by Gyarados - I was expecting something like that to happen after seeing lots of the Magikarp evolve.

Another good episode elaborating about both Magikarp and Gyarados. In a way, I really liked this character of the day. He was intelligent and he explained on a interesting way. A good filler episode in my opinion.

And this episodes adds more to Magikarp and Gyarados' origin. The fish traveling upstream to transform into a dragon. I wish the Gyarados would have started to fly after they evolved. It would have shown their flying capabilities.

I've noticed something interesting after watching the episode again. When Team Rocket is sent away in that water cyclone, I initially attributed this to the Magikarp evolving into Gyrados. However, the Magikarp don't actually evolve into their Gyrados forms until after Team Rocket's been swept away. For me it shows that Magikarps are no pushovers when they don't want to be.

This was an interesting episode. Dr. 'Quackenpoker' was a funny character, and his name is creative. Seeing Magikarp and Gyrados's origin was nice.

Ash and Misty sleeping in the same tent was kinda weird.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 27th March 2014 at 2:40 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

This episode was neat in which we see that some Magikarp do travel upstream in order to evolve.
    The COTD was pretty weird.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This episode made me realize that Tracey had little charisma; it was just so hard watching him get the spotlight since I felt nothing for him and his development as a Pokemon Watcher. Anyway, I liked seeing all those Magikarp swimming up stream like salmon, and I laughed when James's head got bit by a Magikarp and when several Magikarp evolved.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12