Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Along Little Pok?mon! (103)

Default Get Along Little Pok?mon! (103)

Get Along Little Pokémon!

Still on Mandarin Island, Ash & Co. discover a man who has troops of Magnemites and has to take them to a town on the Island in order to give it power. However he gets injured so its up to Ash to herd up the Magnemite and get to the town. Can he do that before its too late for the Pokémon in the Pokémon Center?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss..

# 6 had the best Magneton voice I've heard. In "All Torkoal, No Play" its voice was less computerized. I forgot what it sounded like in "Sparks Fly For Magnemite" Did we hear the voices of the Magneton piling on Team Rocket's Gyarados submarine?
    Yeah!

Magneton didn't talk in Sparks fly for Magnemite.

Interesting nitpick. At one point, Pikachu sounded like two Pikachus.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

The funniest parts of the episode had to be the parts when Ash and Misty, and later Team Rocket (during the static electricity part), had no noses. I don't know why they didn't, but that was really funny. This wasn't the most exciting or interesting episode, but I loved the scenic views, and I think it was interesting how the most uncooperative magnemite ended up being the one who evolved.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

Brocksketchum Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Psychic Venusaur
    # 6 had the best Magneton voice I've heard. In "All Torkoal, No Play" its voice was less computerized. I forgot what it sounded like in "Sparks Fly For Magnemite" Did we hear the voices of the Magneton piling on Team Rocket's Gyarados submarine?
    I have to agree with this Magneton having the best voice of all Magneton. Then it got worse like Hypno's. (Well, that's my opinion.)

Concerning about Sparks Fly for Magnemite, I only heard clanging. It's been a while since I saw that episode though.

I like the desert scenary of this episode. It reminds of the early west with Ethan having a southern accent and dressing like a cowboy.

Am I the only one who thought it was funny when Jessie hits a Magnemite with her Pokeball to release Arbok?

this was a good episode to watch. it was better than a lot of other episode fillers in the orange islands. 8.5/10

an awesome fillar. Liked this epi and we need more of these now a days. 7/10

Friend Code Coming Soon When I Find My DS

Before I saw this episode, I heard a rumor that Ash was going to capture #6, and that got me excited to see the episode. Although he didn't capture it, this was still an entertaining episode. Seeing Magneton again was cool, and it was nice seeing a Jolteon in a key role in an episode. (the previous time it was seen was in The Battling Eevee Brothers)

Was I the only one that thought this episode and The Mandarin Island Miss Match were trying to foreshadow Ash using his Tauros in the battle against Drake? (Both episodes featured a Tauros in them)

The filler ep was kinda lame in more ways than one

Kind of a boring filler episode if you ask me, but okay enough

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice filler I always enjoy seeing Pokemon used for stuff other than battling.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

So, that was the episode where the Magnemite #6 evolved on a battle against Team Rocket. I forgot the episode title at first, but I got the hang of it now. And that's where Jolteon has an appearance.

it's a decent episode but i've seen better. 6'5/10

Nice filler. I didn't get much of it but it was pretty cool nonetheless. It's cool seeing Jolteon in the anime.
    Last edited by Igottapoo; 8th January 2009 at 9:37 AM.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Its a cute episode (lol)
    no but i think Magnemite is really cute ya know...
    i love all the magnemites
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked the orange island a lot but this episode is one of it weakness.

Was there any point to this episode?

I liked the Orange Islands but this didn't seem to fit in at all.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Our favorite Magnemite evolves into Magneton.

I think this episode was kinda okay.
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

I really liked Jolten's entrance! That was so cool! But dang, this episode was so boring! Nothing but wandering around in a wagon and zapping Magnemites with electricity. BO-RING.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

The setting of this episode was sort of weird to be honest. A desert, really? I mean, it would have fit it better in the Kanto saga but not in a saga about tropical islands. Anyway, I think it was too Filler-ish, not much entertainment and nothing big really happening. The COTD's little Magnemite evolved into Magneton, but that was the only exciting part. At least Ash, Misty, and Tracey got closer to their destination. 3/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th December 2010 at 10:34 PM.

Ash was great, how he take care Magnamite and Magneton.
    And i loved to see Jolteon.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Ash was great, how he take care Magnamite and Magneton.
    And i loved to see Jolteon.
    Well I was surprised too, since he doesn't have experience taking care of android-like Pokemon. They're hard to understand.

Why did you like Jolteon? I liked it because it was like the Pokemon version of a sheepdog, rounding up the Magnemite and such.

I remember watching this episode perfectly! I grew up on a farm, so this episode really spoke to me. It was interesting to see pikachu use thunder wave and really help out Ash. That one dumb magnemite was funny!

From my upcoming "Pokemon: The Original Series" Episode Guide":

EP103: Get Along, Little Pokemon!
    American Air Date: April 29th, 2000
    Important Events: none

Synopsis

On their way to Trovita Island, our heroes are trekking through the barren wasteland on Mandarin Island. Suddenly, a storm looms overhead and the heroes run for cover. They find shelter under a cliff and watch in awe as group of Magnemite absorb the lightning of the storm. A man rolls up in a wagon, pulled by two Tauros, and offers them safety in the wagon.

After the storm, the man reveals his name to be Ethan. Clothed in full cowboy gear, Ethan tells the gang that he is a Magnemite rancher, collecting electricity from the storms with his Magnemite and bringing the power from town to town. He uses his Jolteon to herd the Magnemite up like sheep, using its electricity to attract and gather them together. With too many Magnemite to name, Ethan calls them by numbers. There is one Magnemite, Number 6, which continuously strays away from the group. The Magnemite seem to love the electricity as well as other Electric-type Pokemon, including Pikachu.

A little later, Ethan receives a phone call from Officer Jenny, who informs him that their town is out of power. They must get the electricity over there to power the town as soon as possible. But, as always, Team Rocket shows up using a giant magnet to try to steal all the Magnemite. After a bit of a scuffle and Team Rocket being blasted off (don’t worry, they’ll be back), Ethan and his Jolteon are seriously injured. Due to Ethan’s injuries, Ash courageously volunteers to take his place and bring the power to the town. He rides on one of the Tauros and takes nine of the Magnemite (and, of course, Pikachu) with him.

On their way to town, all of the Magnemite begin to stray away from Ash. Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to attract and bring all the Magnemite back together again…Except for Number 6, who has wondered off. After tracking it down, Ash keeps a tight grip on Number 6 as Team Rocket shows up again, with another magnetic mechanism, as they manage to swipe all the Magnemite (except for Number 6). Pikachu, though still pretty worn out from gathering the Magnemite before, manages to put up an equal fight against Rocket trio as they fire electricity at one another. Number 6, watching Pikachu struggle, decides to save the day and enters the crossfire of electricity. With this great surge of power, Number 6 rescues his fellow Magnemite and in the process evolves into a Magneton. After the other Magnemite charge Pikachu back up, all of the Electric Pokemon attack at once and send Team Rocket blasting off for the second time in the same episode. Ash then continues on and reaches the town, restoring their power.

Misty, Tracey, and Ethan arrive at town the next day and see that the town has gotten its electricity back. They meet up with Ash as Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy thank him for saving the day. Ethan, taking a liking to that so-called “tough little hombre”, offers Ash to join up and work with him. Ash thanks him for the offer, but obviously declines, saying that he has to compete in the Orange League, and that maybe someday he will learn as much about Pokemon as Ethan does. The episode then draws to a close as Ash and friends wave goodbye to Jenny, Joy, and Ethan and walk on to the next town.

My Thoughts

This was an above-average filler episode by the show’s standards. Solid animation, solid voice-acting, and a likeable character-of-the-day all come to together to form a good episode. There were also four (Magnemite, Jolteon, Tauros, and Magneton) featured Pokemon, which is way more than we usually get. If fillers were to be more like this, there would be less Pokemon to feature per episode and therefore less episodes to fill up, making more room for the action and story progression. I’m all for filler, but sometimes the writers overdo it (we’ll really begin to see it in Johto). I also like how this episode and the next two truly lead into one another, instead of the usual Lapras is surfing along and spots a random island. The characters all reference or point out the next destination, and the writers allow the viewers to see the setting of the next episode. This is one of the few times that the show actually does this.

Also, imagine if Ash had accepted Ethan’s offer at the end of the episode? As stupid as that would be, imagine if the writers just completely blew our minds with that. Ash ditches his dream of becoming a Pokemon Master and instead becomes a Magnemite rancher. Just a random thought.

Memorable Quotes

Jessie: Prepare for trouble, we’re magnetic!
    James: Make it double, you’re pathetic!

It was not one of the 'best' episodes (in my opinion)

But i think it was a great episode xD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast