Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Pumello! (113)

Hybrid View

Default Hello Pumello! (113)

Hello Pumello!

Having arrived on Pumello Island, Ash & Co. learn a bit about the League...its just one battle against the Leader, Drake. A full 6 on 6 match. Will Ash be able to win something this big or should he just go home to Pallet Town?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

I thought Drake was cute!

Factory Head Noland Guest

Tauros done really well in the battle because Ash had never used it in a battle before. Charizard was awesome! Even Lapras had a battle! (with Genger)

meggirl63 Guest

Oh, I howled with delight when Drake came onto the scene. Also, the start of the battle was really great with Drake providing puns everytime he released his Pokemon for battle. For example, when he released Ditto, he said 'Hope this battle leaves a good impression!'.

now there are 2 Drakes, Orange Leuge and Hoenen

pic made by me,
    Shadow sprites from TSR

vulpix Guest

this episode made me so actous to see how Ash does in the Orange League.

*was woken up at 9.00am by the UPS guy and finally got the Orange Island eps on DVD*

It has been so long since I saw this ep that I forgot most of it. Watching it again was a good laugh, and it sets up nicely for the second part. I thought that the whole 'Palace of Victory' was a nice touch we didn't see with the Indigo League. And of course the first real introduction of Dragonite (aside from the lighthouse and the first movie) is a pleasure to watch. Call me crazy, but I love it's voice. It's so eerie, yet you want to cuddle it or something.

The Gengar match was a bit weird to say the least. Surely it would have been fast enough to avoid Lapras' water gun. In the Morty match later on without foresight Ash wouldn't have been able to touch him. Ah well, the ice beam/nightshade clash at the end was nice enough for me. They must rotate the champion around every so often, right? Because there are people in the hall of fame, yet Drake has never been beaten. He probably just took over from the last guy, wouldn't you say?

I never have much to say about championship and gym battle episodes, but this episode has a couple of very funny scenes that I like- Ash having all his pokemon attack Snorlax to wake him up (LOL!) and Drake arguing with Team Rocket when they try to steal dragonite. Too bad that Snorlax ended up staying with Professor Oak pretty much from this episode on, except for a couple of battles, but at least Ash didn't have to worry about feeding him.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/18 NEW!! 12/23
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

i loved seeing lapras in battle, and at the end it really left the viewers thinking who would come out victorious. 10/10!

This episode was one of my favorites of this saga, like the Ditto Pikachu vs Pikachu fight, that was awesome, especially how the Ditto version Pikachu looked so confident over himself after he jumped from the rock field and Ash's Pikachu couldn't, but Ash's Pikachu made a comeback slamming Ditto Pikachu with his tail! Lapras did a good job on its battle as well.
    10/10.

Awesomeness!!!!

This and the next episode are the best battling episodes that we have had so far in the anime. Pikachu took on an interesting opponent- A mirror match in Ditto. Great! Squirtle took down Onix just like it should have. Tauros didn't prove itself yet, but it will. Lapras is awfully powerful for being so young and the explosion caused by its Ice beam/Gengar's Night Shade was a great climax. Awww Snorlax was funny....too bad it went to Oak's. (Ash couldn't feed it anyway.) Great introduction to Dragonite...just great.

10/10 My 2nd most favorite episode of all time. It only lost to....well I'm sure you guys can figure it out.

This was Ash's first 6 on 6 battle ever and thus the episode brought new grounds for pokemon. Ash learnt a lot from that and i still remember the detail of each match. Brings good memories from my childhood too.

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

It was another good gym-battle from the Orange Islands, and I love the way the episode ends, with the light casting shadows on everyone, much like the end of Hoenn's Togepi episode.

Do the Robot!

Very good episode it ranks as one of my favorite battle episodes and seeing Ash use one of his Tauros is cool.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Part 1 of the best battle in the Orange Islands and it had some funny parts too

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Ash used bad strategy on the Ditto fight, though. It would have been an easier win if he sent out Bulbasaur and then replaced it with Charizard so he had a type advantage. But OF COURSE he starts out with Pikachu.

Only issue I had with the good episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrik View Post
    Ash used bad strategy on the Ditto fight, though. It would have been an easier win if he sent out Bulbasaur and then replaced it with Charizard so he had a type advantage. But OF COURSE he starts out with Pikachu.
    That wouldn't have worked. The dialogue made it clear that Ditto would just have re-transformed into whatever Pokemon Ash attempted to use on it. Ditto wouldn't be stuck with the first form it assumed in battle - this may be contrary to how it works in the games, but then you have to remember that a lot of the anime is. Besides, Ash was clearly saving as much as Charizard's energy as possible for Dragonite - otherwise I'm guessing he would have used it on Venusaur.

Ash vs. Drake definitely made for one of the most exciting and well-executed battles that I remember - the fact that Drake used a Ditto was great, since a proper battle against a Ditto (as opposed to the miniature scuffles seen in "Ditto's Mysterious Mansion") was something that I'd always wanted to see. And it amused me how, though the transformed Ditto was suddenly able to speak Pikachu's lingo, it still retained its noticeably higher-pitched voice.

As with his initial Krabby/Kingler battle, Ash certainly had a remarkable amount of prowess with a Pokemon he'd never actually used before, but I'm glad that things didn't go quite so smoothly with Tauros to begin with - there were some problems and Ash had to recall it before the bovine pokemon finally proved its mettle.

good ep overall, nice battle
    great climax for the orange series, very excit
    5/5
    My Best Team: Dragonite, Salamence, Gengar, Alakazam, Machamp, Gyarados

I can't believe Ditto was thought to be so hard for opponents to overcome. Well, they do copy your moves, but you can overcome that. Lapras vs Gengar was good. I love how Lapras sounds while using Ice Beam.

6v6 battles are always fun to watch since Ash gets to showcase most of his roster. It's to bad though that he wasn't able to wake Snorlax up so it could battle we won't see it again until Ash's last Johto gym battle and one of his 6v6 battle in the Johto championships, but we get to see what i'm guessing is Ash's alpha Tauros for the first time in battle since he caught it. A small error I noticed is that Tauros is sent in a regular Pokeball when it was caught in a Safari ball, I guess the animators forgot about that.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Great episode.It ranks as one of my favourites.Charizard, Lapras and Tauros sure proved themselves here, although Bulbasaur did have me disappointed.

http://rank.pokemonindigo.com/img_library/img/1490.png

i liked how ash sent in his tauros, how many did he managed to catch again?

How can the never-trained tauros be nearly better than the suposed-to-be-one-of-the-best-trained-pokemon?

By the way, why does all Ash's pokemon seems unbeatable?

It's a shame that a powerful Ice Beam was countered by such a puny attack like Night Shade. Poor Lapras. Good battle, btw.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I thought this was a great battle, i think he would have won a little faster if he'd used another pokemon instead of Tauros, because it's never been properly trained.

Dragonite and Pikachu was a great match.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast