Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello Pumello! (113)

Pretty cool episode because Ash now challenges the Champion of Pummelo Island. Once he picks his Pokemon, he gives Champion Drake the best of luck.
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

Mmm, that Drake guy... pretty good-looking regional champion. In keeping up with tradition, this is good ^^

Man, I loved Drake's Ditto. What a Pokémon to open a match with, and it was so fun to see it battle against Ash's Pikachu. Plus, it was awesome to see Lapras actually do battle ^^ A decent opening episode all in all.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Pikachu was amazing, as usual.

and Squirtle also, of course.

Gengar's moves was pretty strong.6/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Its nice how much they honor Dragonite in this episode.=) Ditto should be able to have pikachu's voice, but then we wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Yay!! Finally, Ash in a full 6 on 6 battle, and against a strong opponent; the Orange Crew Leader.

I thought this and the next episode are the best in the anime. First round, Pikachu's speed really impressed me. Ditto didn't stand a chance. Second round, Squirtle did well against Onix, even using Hydro Pump.

I was shocked to see Lapras versus Gengar. It ended in a cliffhanger. 10/10

I really liked this episode because it showed Ash in a full pokemon Battle.
    The whole experience was very exiting to watch.
    Great episode

I really like this battle. It's always nice to see a 6-on-6 battle in the animé since those don't come along too often and this was one that i think was pulled off pretty well.

This was an awesome 1st half battle! Tied for my #1 favorite 2nd season episodes. Very cool cliffhanger at the end unlike in other cliffhanging episodes. I liked how Pikachu beat Ditto because it had far more stamina. The way Squirtle went from Withdraw to Hydro Pump was awesome!

98/100

They made the battle wayy to easy for Ash
    Black Version 2 FC: 4943 5487 2983

I love these episodes for one reason. DRAGONITE!!!

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

There are a few things I found odd about this episode. Firstly, Ash and co. are shown the Hall of Fame, which honours winners of the Orange League but then shortly afterwards, the official says that no-one has ever beaten Drake. So if no-one has ever beaten him, why are there winners' statues at the Hall of Fame?

Also, how was the official able to tell that Ash was from Pallet Town just by looking at his badges?

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    There are a few things I found odd about this episode. Firstly, Ash and co. are shown the Hall of Fame, which honours winners of the Orange League but then shortly afterwards, the official says that no-one has ever beaten Drake. So if no-one has ever beaten him, why are there winners' statues at the Hall of Fame?

Also, how was the official able to tell that Ash was from Pallet Town just by looking at his badges?
    The Hall of Fame honors people victorious in the Orange League "forever". It is assumed that the people in the Hall of Fame had beaten Drake's predecessors rather than him. He seems pretty young to have been the Gym Leader for too long of a time.

When the official scans Ash's badges, photographs of Ash and his badges appear on a computer monitor. There is text underneath the presumably told him Ash's hometown.

But Ash's pokedex is his ID, not the badges. Badges are just badges. There is no mention whatsoever of the gym leaders tapping into the badges like a computer and adding Ash's details.

The first 6 vs. 6 battle in the anime, and the start of a perfect battle. An awesome first battle!
    Last edited by Blessed; 1st October 2012 at 10:22 PM.

The first 6 vs. 6 battle in the anime, and the start of a perfect battle. The second episode with this battle was more entertaining, but this was also awesome! When I saw this for the first time, I was so excited to see the second part! 10/10!

It's Dragonite!
    Why did Tracey, a Pokémon watcher, need to ask if that was a Dragonite? It was quite obvious considering pretty much nothing looks like Dragonite. It was funny how Team Rocket tried to steal the Leader's Dragonite and instantly fail. The first ever 6 vs 6 battle was bound to be exciting, as it was, although for a Gym Leader, that guy wasn't very impressive. How an untrained Tauros knew Fissure, I will never know. This episode needed more Team Rocket!

xxx

I was kind of disappointed that Snorlax wasn't able to participate in Ash's battle against Drake due to it being asleep. But at least this allowed Tauros to get some time in the spotlight. I really liked the beginning of the battle. It was nice to see Ash start off so well by taking down Ditto and Onix. The cliffhanger at the end also made me very excited for the next episode.

This episode must be second epic battle so far. The first one was definitely with Charizard versus Magmar, but this one is even more better. The intensity of this 6 v 6 battle is high and it certainly made this episode and the next one really great. This is something that - as a child - made me really sucked into Pokémon again. Battles like this fortunately happened more in later seasons, but for where we are now, this battle was excessively and unprecedentedly better than all previous battles.

I can't believe Ditto was thought to be so hard for opponents to overcome. Well, they do copy your moves, but you can overcome that. Lapras vs Gengar was good. I love how Lapras sounds while using Ice Beam.

I re-watched this episode and I noticed things that I hadn't noticed before. Like how Dragonite was referred to as a "Legendary Pokemon" and the way Drake was called a "Gym Leader" even though he was more like a Champion. I also realized how bland Drake's voice was. Anyway, the episode still impressed me, especially the parts where Oak mentioned Kingler and Muk's achievements at the Indigo Plateau; I love consistency like that. The first half of the battle went in Ash's favor too easily imo, but it was still very enjoyable.

This was an epic first half of the battle between Ash and the Orange Crew Leader Drake. It's the first ever 6 vs 6 full battle in the Pokémon anime.
    Pikachu's speed was impressive in the first round, It's awsome how he used his tail to defeat Ditto.
    In the second round, Squirtle did great against Drake's Onix, I liked how he used Hydro Pump and Skull Bash to defeat the Onix.
    It was cool to see Lapras vs Gengar, which ended in a big cliffhanger.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

I have a confession to make.
    I thought Drake in this (and the next) episode was the Hoenn E4 Drake.
    But then, I'm not that familiar with the third generation of games, so, can you really blame me?

Anyway, This was a pretty exciting first half. Great to see Tuaros actually battle. Same with Lapras. I thought for sure Lapras was just going to be used strictly as transportation for Ash in the Orange Islands.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12