Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enter The Dragonite (114)

Default Enter The Dragonite (114)

Enter The Dragonite!

Half Way into his Battle against Drake, Ash gets in trouble when Drake decides to use his Dragonite against Ash...one of the most powerful Pokémon in the Region. Will Ash be able to topple this Mighty Foe?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Dexie Guest

Another freakin' awesome episode. ^^

Dragonite was shown as it should be......incredibally strong, a wide variety of moves, and able to match Ash's team pound for pound.

.......unlike Lance's Dragonite later on that gets beat upon by a couple of Fearow. >>

Factory Head Noland Guest

I love (LOVE) this episode! Isn't this Ash's first 6-on-6 battle?

It was genius (GENIUS) of Pikachu to use it's tail as a spring board to avoid Dragonite's attack!

I totally LOVE the Orange Islands episodes! ONE of the best series' so far.

meggirl63 Guest

I couldn't believe that Pikachu defeated Dragonite like that! How amazing is that!

I liked seeing Ditto appear as a fighter. Is it me or is this the first Pikachu VS Pikachu episode. Onix was a bit boring, as we've seen him too many times. But I liked seeing Squirtle beat it with Hydro Pump. Tauros VS Gengar was too one-sided and short. Lapras should have lasted longer. It would finish Dragonite with one ice beam! The cliff hanger was good. I liked that neither of them actually won. I think we saw Venusaur in battle for the first time. I liked Tauros after seeing this- he ruled, just throwing a huge Venusaur away like that. Bulbasaur VS Electabuzz was really disappointing. The little guy didn't fare too well, did he? Charizard's cool seismic toss attack was a great way to win. Dragonite was always my favourite pkmn and I loved this battle. Charizard gave what has to be his best ever performance against Dragonite. The final explosion that brought Charizard down was very tense. Squirtle was disappointing, but did his jod while he still could. I hated Team Rocket's capture attempt, it was just WPWT in such a cool battle. Tauros was very strategic and I loved seeing Dragonite stuck on his horns and getting thrown off. Tauros's defeat was just too bad for that ol' brown bull. Pikachu's agile manouvring was impressive and I loved that final attack. The stare down, and collapse of Dragonite was great.

Lesse, I'll mark it by the battle, the pokemon in the episode, the team rocket attack and the conclusion.

The battle- some great moves, strategies and pokemon. Best ever- 5/5
    The pkmn- hmm, all performed fantastically except for Lapras and Bulbasaur- 4/5
    TR attack- Wrong place, wrong time, nuff said- 1/5
    Conclusion- Ash winning a league, the final Pikachu VS Dragonite stare down, The Hall of Fame thing, loses half a mark for that Brock remark- 4.5

14.5/20 I hate Team Rocket in this, at least they make themselves scarce in the other leagues. Blame them for this score, oh, and Lapras and Bulbasaur.
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

You can't really blame Lapras, it was still young. I think it done great beating Gengar (even though it fainted itself). That Gengar was strong!

The Suspense of how the first part ended was good (Ice Beam vs whatever move)who would survive was the question looks like both fainted XD That episode was a very good one Dragonite was very powerful it was unstoppable till little Pikachu came along Dragonite was already tired so it lost,Seeing Pikachu hang on to Dragonite's things on the top of it's head was funny I really loved this episode.
    Thanks to whoever made this. <3

Actually, you didnt prove squat. You see, I find a being, all-powerful, all-knowing, constant, eternal, residing outside of space, time, and logic to be a lot more logical than a big explosion created the universe by accident.
    Logic, eh? Also, note the "residing outside of space, time and logic to be more logical" part.

Something residing out of logic to be more logical... Nice.

Ice Beam VS Night Shade.

This episode was a Friday when I first saw it so I had to be up mega early on the Saturday to see it, but it was totally worth it!

CVXFREAK Guest

Seeing Squirtle get a direct Bubble hit against Dragonite was a good, crucial hit. If Squirtle only knew Ice Beam... ^^;

Ryuu Guest

This was a superb episode.

I simply loved Dragonite, it looked so friggin' awesome. And the speed with which it flew was marvellous! Charizard vs. Dragonite was one of the best battles in the anime IMO.

And in the end, Pikachu KOed Dragonite.

Well this is proof temporarily that Charizard does not win all his matches single-handedly, since it defeated nothing and got beaten easily by the Dragonite. In actual fact, I'm glad it was Pikachu who won it for Ash. The very first pokémon started off with won his very first trophy, fitting I thought.

Congratulations hall of famer Ash Ketchum, pretty much up against it throughout the whole Orange Island saga, coming from behind for the most part during his gym matches, showing his true gritty determination, great viewing when the underdog becomes triumphant in such a fashion like he did.

Undoubtedly this episode will go down as one of the greatest matches of all time, very hard to beat I should imagine.

Magnite123 Guest

I love this episode it was one of the best orange league episodes. I also think Dragonite is so cool He's the Best!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter
    Well this is proof temporarily that Charizard does not win all his matches single-handedly, since it defeated nothing and got beaten easily by the Dragonite.
    What are you talking about? He beat Electabuzz, and he had just enough strength to hit Dragonite hard with a Dragon Rage before fainting. o_O

Anyway, this is undoubtably one of the best battles throughout the entire series. All of Ash's Pokemon were awesome fighters, and I was really impressed with Tauros' battling skills. Lapras was a lot stronger then I thought, as it's Ice Beam was able to match a Night Shade from a highly trained Gengar. Pikachu devilering that last Thunder attack to Dragonite was the perfect way to end the battle.

I still can't believe how stupid Team Rocket was, trying to capture Dragonite with a fishing net. >>:

I give these two episodes a 10/10. We need more battles like this. ^__^

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

vulpix Guest

i was so excited to see this episode!

This was definitely one of Ash's best battle episodes, especially considering that he has yet to win another league. His battle against dragonite was especially awesome, considering that he went through several pokemon and battled as hard as he could before dragonite finally went down. At least his battle strategy was starting to improve by then. I can't help thinking, though, that dragonite having to get rid of Team Rocket helped tire dragonite out just the slightest bit more. It's just my opinion, of course, but the final battle could have been a draw or worse for Ash, I think, if it hadn't been for Team Rocket's interference. At least Ash did get to bring home his first and still only trophy.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Definately one of my favourite battles - However I still await the day that Ash goes up against Lance...oh and then the Dragons *drools*

Just one thing to say:

DRAAAAAAKE. *drool*

Purrrrrrr.

This episode was awesome. Its one of my favorite Orange League episodes. Charizard vs. Dragonite was the best battle in the episode although I thought Charizard could've lasted a bit longer against Dragonite. I liked how Pikachu ended the battle with Thunder. Awesome ending to that battle.

10/10 for that episode

great battle
    Bulbasaur could of done much more
    [IMG]http://oi56.*******.com/2mm900g.jpg[/IMG]
    ...made by PomPom

lightspeed Guest

This was a great episode, 10/10 but I hated all the parts showing team rocket's discussions and their capture attempt.
    Overall, Ash did very well battling Drake.
    Lapras did rather well and I think Ash could have called it to dodge the explosion by going underwater so it will last longer.
    Pikachu was really impressive, using its tail to dodge hyperbeam.

Although I didn't catch this episode, after reading what you guys said, I must go get a Dragonite. *Runs*

^^ Pretty much spot on. I'm not blunt though.

WOW! JUST WOW! Orange Islands went out with the biggest bang in Pokemon History. Well if you want my reaction to the first half of the battle, go to the Hello Pummelo Page.
    So...

So Lapras and Gengar go out in a draw. Impressive for Lapras. Too bad it will be gone soon.
    Venusaur was cool to finally see in battle. Plus Tauros proved that it was a nice replacement for Snorlax. It battled hard for its first win.
    AWWW Bulbasaur!!!!!! It was the only Poke of Ash's to not get a win in (Pikachu got 2) Awww well it gets redemption in the Johto League.
    Charizard beat Electabuzz (who it has a type disadvantage to) which was great.
    You just had to love Ash using his remaining 4 pokemon to all together beat the uber Dragonite.
    Char, Squirtle, and Tauros all impressed me but of course it was Pikachu to be Ash's final pokemon.
    It proved that it is one of Ash's best by taking down Dragonite thanks to his 3 teammates work.
    Team Rocket's appearance was just to show us how mighty Dragonite was...and so that they could appear in every episode.
    The Hall of Fame was great. I hope Ash manages to make his way into another Hall of Fame soon.
    Ash's comment about Brock was blatent foreshadowing.

As i said, OI went out with a bang via Pikachu's Thunder.
    BEST EPISODE OF ALL TIME
    yes you heard me correctly
    15/10

Great episode all the way from the beginning to the end. Shame it was almost ruined by Team Rocket's interferance, which isn't surprising though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashy Boy
    Great episode all the way from the beginning to the end. Shame it was almost ruined by Team Rocket's interferance, which isn't surprising though.
    Yah some times Team Rocket can be annoying like that. Any who I loved the episode, awesome battles. 10/10 from me as well.

Dragonite's show of enormous amount of power and coolness is what made it my favorite pokemon
    I will be leaving Serebii Forums at the end of this year. I no longer can keep up with Serebii with my busy schedule.Though I am up for trading and battling.

Friend Codes:
    Diamond: 2793-3418-5480
    Pearl: Soon to come
    Platinum: Ditto

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast