Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 136

Thread: Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Bournemouth, England
    Posts
    15,900

    Default Misty Meets Her Match! (105)

    Misty Meets Her Match!

    Arriving on Trovita Island, Ash & Co. meet the Gym Leader Randy who is smitten with Misty. Ash completes all the tasks and must beat Randy in a 3 on 3 Pokémon Battle. Can he do this and will Misty stay with Randy?

    Visit The Episode Guide

    Discuss

  2. #2
    meggirl63 Guest

    Default

    Actually, the Trovita Island Gym Leader's name is Rudy. btw, he's so FREAKIN' HOT!!!!!!

  3. #3
    Factory Head Noland Guest

    Default

    This is such a cool episode! Squirtle learns Hydro Pump in this ep, it's Hydro Pump is awesome when it tucks into it's shell.
    I love the music in the background when the Pokemon are working out!

  4. #4
    magicpizzadust Guest

    Default

    Very cool, especially Starmie with thunderbolt! Thats so cool!

  5. #5
    Waterstar Misty Guest

    Default

    This was a really cool and funny episode. Lots of cool stuff, Rudy's Starmie doing a thunderbolt, Ash's Squirtle learning how to use Hydro Pump, Rudy wanting Misty to stay with him and his little sister at his gym, Misty wanting to travel with Ash, and the funny parts with Team Rocket getting blasted away by accident.

  6. #6
    Factory Head Noland Guest

    Default

    Is this episode part of season 2?

  7. #7
    chipsyketchum Guest

    Default

    i LOVED this episode..YAY FOR POKESHIPPING! anyway the starmie with the thunderbolt was all around awesome and squirtle oh my goodness how ilove that pokemon! Hydro Pump was SICK to the fullest. lol, anyway this ep was really good and Rudy wouldve made a nice boyfriend...

  8. #8
    meggirl63 Guest

    Default

    I had this dream last night where I was on Trovita Island with Rudy! How sweet is that!

  9. #9
    flixerblixer Guest

    Default

    I used to LOVE this episode and I still have it recorded and yes, I'm planning to see it again. I used to love this episode because Team Rocket flew off so soon, which was so rare in the earlier episodes. I liked how they flew off so soon and the dialogue was really. A definite choice for Pokeshippers because when I remembered when I was a Pokeshipper this episode gets me all giggly. Since I've no longer support this ship it doesn't get me giggly but I still like this episode and I think it has a lot of potential in it. Oh ... and I personally thought Rudy was annoying because of the things he said. It gets me very annoyed whenever he talked.

    I have to add this - this has no similiarities whatsoever to Love At First Flight.

  10. #10
    Shiny May Guest

    Default

    I thought this was a good episode
    The gym battle was cool since Squirtle learned hydro pump. And Starmie knew thunderbolt. i also liked the fact that the pokemon had to be the same types
    Electabuzz vs. Pikachu
    Starmie vs. Squirtle
    Bulbasaur vs. Exeggcutor

    And Misty and Rudy make such a cute couple. You could see that he really cared about her and you could also see that she was attracted to him. Overall a good episode.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Great episode this and one of my favorite gym matchs. It also adds to the whole Misty likes Ash but Ash doesn't have a clue thing
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

    But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    1,723

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Am I the only one who is p*ssed of at the fact that Exeggutor is always being given the short half of the stick? I mean, Exeggutor was in that episode with Ugmo- I mean, MELVIN the Magician, and they all got their asses handed to them by Charmander and Melvin. (And were all caught, etc.) Then Exeggutor appeared in the Pokemon League, belonging to Mandy (Who is awesome, by the way.) who then got his (Exeggutor) *** handed to him on a stick by a frikken untrained KRABBY. Then one appeared in this episode, and got beaten by Bulbasaur! I mean, seriously. Exeggutor is an awesome Pokemon, especially in the games. -_-

    But whatever. I liked this episode for the Exeggutor and Electabuzz appearences, and Rudy. ("Dance Starmie... A victory DANCE!")
    I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,983

    Wink

    I may dislike him but Rudy has Pokémon which I'd consider to have in my Leaf green game. I would of had an Exeggutor, but I started off with a Bulbasaur, so that was out of the window, although I do have a Starmie, class water pokémon indeed, has great versitility, mainly because it's also a psychic type.

    *Back to topic*

    Ahem....

    Good episode for all the wrong reasons, just as well Ash didn't get jealous of the Misty & Rudy saga, it's funny to see Ash act so immensley dense sometimes.
    Last edited by Sharpshooter; 10th November 2004 at 12:04 AM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Roxanne's trashcan
    Posts
    6,555

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    I can see what you mean. Exeggutor should have easier beat Bulbasaur due to the fact that Bulbasaur is part Poisen
    Perhaps, but you also have to consider that less 'obvious' type disadvantages are mostly never shown. (Like Fighting over, Ice, for example.) Also, Rudy didn't command Exeggutor to use Psychic type attacks. (I think Egg Bomb was the only one he told Exeggutor to perform.)

    But... whatever. Hopefully, someone will use an Exeggutor in a contest, or something, and be great. (That said, wouldn't it be AWESOME if Mandy appeared as a Coordinator with his Exeggutor?)

  16. #16
    Ororo Munroe Guest

    Default

    It was great the different training and strategies Rudy used. He taught his Pokemon attacks that his opponents wouldn't expect from the Pokemon. It was great how Misty saved Mahri in the beginning of the episode.

  17. #17
    Chibi Guest

    Default

    I loved this episode. The hinting towards Pokeshipping almost made my heart bleed from the swelling and it centered a little more on Misty than Ash. As a full-blown Misty-fan, I gotta say this... Rudy's appreciation and affection towards her was a credit to the nation! Lol.

  18. #18
    ~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

    Default

    I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Joliet, IL
    Posts
    1,756

    Default

    Although I'm not into Ash&Misty, I think this episode does set up a good plot of Misty having to choose between two men. It makes for an incredible story and a great gym battle.

  20. #20
    Chibi Guest

    Default

    Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

    It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.

  21. #21
    ~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chibi
    Uhm... For those of you who think thought that Misty had a beautiful thing going on with Rudy, it was obviously one-sided... I mean, she had a clear chance to stay with Rudy; guy COULD have bought her a new bike, so there was no reason to hound Ash for the cash anymore... But she chose to go with him, anyway.

    It may sound biased because I'm a Pokeshipper, but it's obvious that Misty's heart will always belong to the Pallet-Punk. Lol.
    Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

    As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,365

    Default

    This episode was nice I guess... *shrugs*

    Heh, it was nice seeing some Rudy/Misty though.... Even though I hate Rudy's voice. It was nice seeing a guy in Misty's life that really seemed to liked her a lot I guess...

    So overall, I guess I'll give this... a 7.9/10. Just because she picked Ash and left Rudy hanging in the end. -_-

    I really loved this episode! ^^ Kasumi and Jiji seem like such a great couple, but the fact Mari was actually Jiji's daughter in the Japanese version scares a bit. He looks so young and handsome, how old was his "wife/girlfriend" when she had her?! o_o; Oh well...I still think Kasumi should have stayed with Jiji.
    ...

    What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o

  23. #23
    ~*Mitsuki*~ Guest

    Default

    What the hell?! Maybe it is good Misty left. Just imagine, Ash and co coming for a visit and we see twelve kids running around. What the heck... 0_o
    I guess, but I think I would deal with it. XD Kasumi takes such good care of Togepi and Jiji...well, I actually have a lot of confidence in him treating Kasumi right. Sure it'd be weird because she's so young and stuff but...I dunno. I guess it really doesn't bother me because I totally support Jiji x Kasumi (aside from Egoshipping and Orangeshipping)

  24. #24
    Chibi Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mitsuki*~
    Um, hun, you do realize Kasumi wasn't trying to make Satoshi jealous in this episode, right? Unlike Dan, Jiji actually cared about her and she WAS accepting it all. She loved him showering her with flowers and when Satoshi's lizardon messed her moment with Jiji up--she was ticked off. Not to mention, she did accept his invite of dinner and dancing, and I don't think it was to be nice either.

    As for choosing Satoshi? One last comment: It took her till the very end to decide. No offense, but if someone is REALLY important to you, there is no thinking about it-NONE. But what did she do? She thought about it, which just adds to the fact she and Jiji could have had something. Kasumi is still young...just because she has a crush on Satoshi doesn't mean another man can't steal her heart.
    I'm not saying that Kasumi WAS trying to make Satoshi jealous. I'm not saying that she didn't appreciate the attention that she received either. I mean, I appreciate the attention that she received, so... But when a girl comes from a family consisting of relatives like her sisters, who wouldn't love to get showered with gifts and affection?

    You have a very small point about the who time-of-choice... But I still go with what I believe. Perhaps Kasumi, herself, didn't realize just yet how much Satoshi meant to her. And there's actually no proof that she waited till the end to decide. She waited till the end to voice her choice but that doesn't mean that she wasn't all ready thinking that it would be wrong of her to leave Satoshi behind just like that...
    Last edited by Chibi; 8th February 2005 at 6:53 AM.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Posts
    450

    Default

    "I go with what I need?" What does that mean, you start from a conclusion and work backwards? That doesn't make sense at all!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •