Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enter The Dragonite (114)

This episode marks the last part of the Orange League. Here, Ash battles and the last Pokemon, Dragonite became the tough Pokemon to beat as when it was very weak, Pikachu only one here launches Thunder Attack on it and Ash wins the Orange League.

...The episode also got a Great Ending...
    This account is dead

-----------------------------------------------------

PSN: Shokanabo
    MSN: blue.ball.electricity@live.de
    FB: http://www.facebook.com/Shokanabo

This is definitely one of the best battles in the anime. Great episode.
    I don't like Team Rocket in this episode though.

^Click^
    Me @ DeviantArt

Spoiler:- Credit:

Yeah, Team rockets attempt at stealing Dragonite failed, and everybody knew it was stupid to even try to take it.

I loved Pikachu in this battle, it was really epic especially the ditto part.

This was possibly the best episode ever, and I actually mean it this time. The Orange Islands saga and the movie were the best ever and I'm glad we got a nice conclusion like this where Ash wins the competition. Dragonite fought half of Ash's team before falling. It was amazing and as always, Pikachu came through for Ash in the end. 10/10, I love this!
    Last edited by Lorde; 8th November 2010 at 5:54 PM.

Pikachu was amazing. and Charizard also.

Drake's pokemon wasn't strong enough, except Dragonite.

Taurus was pretty strong. i didn't think it can able to beat a Venasaur.

9/10.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Awesome episode and one of the best full battles in the anime. It was cool to see the power of my favorite pokemon: DRAGONITE. 10/10

This episode had some of the worst animation I've seen for a 'Final Battle' episode. This isn't really excusable, considering they gave an episode only 2 episodes prior great animation.

I rewatched this recently and was sad to see it wasn't as awesome as I remember it was as a kid. Drake really got whipped by Ash, didn't he?

Ditto and Onix in the previous episode went down without Ash losing a single Pokemon, while Gengar only managed to score a draw with Lapras. Then Venusaur was taken down by Tauros. Only at Electabuzz, Drake's 5th Pokemon did he manage to score a proper KO.

I know it was to build up to Dragonite, but damn. :/ The fight could also have done with being 3 episodes long, to give Dragonite a proper, well animated battle.

I disagree that this battle wasn't that good! This was my favorite episode of all time.
    But, after seeing it, and Pikachu's battles in recent episodes....why does it get beaten so easily? It must be a lot stronger than it was then! It's learned Volt Tackle!! (Which should be an impossibility when compared to the games, but oh, well)

probably the strongest dragonite ever shown in the anime, it was awesome seeing it take thunderbolt IN THE HEAD

Slappa da beeyuss

made by Buraddo_Aipom

Yorkshire is a place... Yorkshire is a state of mind

All around epic battle. And of course pikachu would be the one to defeat Dragonite. Who didn't see that one coming.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

it was great battle.
    one of the better ones in this series.
    But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
    in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
    Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
    in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
    Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
    also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
    and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...
    Last edited by Blazicken; 3rd August 2010 at 3:15 PM.

Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...
    I've officially claimed Venusaur

Didn't see that comming :^o

Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    Well its clear charizard has an Relaxed nature if that answears your question...
    well even if that's the case
    then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
    but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/

Quote Originally Posted by Blazicken View Post
    well even if that's the case
    then we should asume that articuno, dragonite and blazicken were jolly/hasty/naive/timid natured

and even if that were the case, then charizards speed should still be around the same as blazickens and dragonites. (except if they'r ev-trained ofc xD)
    but anyway, i just feel they made him too slow =/
    Quote Originally Posted by striker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blazicken View Post
    it was great battle.
    one of the better ones in this series.
    But the thing tha keeps bugging me is:
    in this episode, it's clear dragonite was faster than charizard.
    Everytime dragonite appears, you see it's incredible speed.
    in this ep, the on where they'r riding lapras before the orange leaue, in the mewtoo-movie, great bowls of fire-episode,...
    Charizard is kinda of slow in the anime. (only against gary his scizor it was kinda fast)
    also against articuno it looked slow. (frontier-batlle)
    and against blaziken (against harrison)

And in the games charizard's speed is clearly higher than all three of them...
    *facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.

Meh, its clear the anime never follows the game rules so hey make up their.

And look at the pokemon though: Legendary/ Legendary in its own way/ Special new pokemon O.O so its understandable why they would seem more special then charizard is speed and power. And me personally, would not have except charizard out running dragonite or blaziken, solely because of what they where at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by munchlaxboy View Post
    *facepalm*

Guys, it's the freakin' Anime. Natures/EVs don't freakin' exist.
    Actually natures do exsist, and i made a joke...
    I've officially claimed Venusaur

Didn't see that comming :^o

This was hands down one of the best battles in the series! Even to this day nothing has come to top it EXCEPT for Ash vs. Gary in the Johto League.

It kind of bothered me that Ash had the upper hand in most of this battle but the battle left me satisfied I suppose. Dragonite in this battle was really strong and I guess that impressed me the most. It was nice to see Ash finally win a league though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode also tied for my #1 favorite for the 2nd season. The battles vs Dragonite were awesome, and what an epic way for Pikachu to defeat Dragonite! Too bad Bulbasaur was the only Pokemon to 100% fail in the battle... Great to see Tauros win a battle! Finally Ash won a League, I wish he'd do that more often...

98/100

Glad to see Pikachu win also glad to see Ash win the battle. Drake has a big variety of Pokemon Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode. 10/10

Quote Originally Posted by TheEpicGoomba View Post
    Dragonite was alot smaller then it was back in the lighthouse episode.
    Well, normally they are only 7 feet tall. I want to think that was just an attempt at a Godzillaesque 'Mon moment.

I was at the edge of my seat the whole battle, this episode and last. To me, this was the definite highest point, the best fight of the first four seasons.
    And the best part is Ash won his first league. 10/10

For the anime's first 6vs6 battle, this was pretty awesome! Loved the cliifhangers, and nice to see the power of Ash's Tauros. Unfortunately Bulbasaur was the fall guy here...

I wish the Orange Islands were in the games...

They sure took their time in featuring 6 on 6 battles….

Also, that Dragonite sure had a good memory to know like 13 attacks…..

Ash did really well against Drake some of the tactics he used in this battle definetly showed that we can expect Ash to do very well in future battles.

The second part of one of the best episodes ever, with one of the best episodes ever. This was so entertaining! Ash did an awesome job beating Drake. It was a close and suspenseful match! 10/10, this episode is perfect! If there were no rules, I'd spam this page about how awesome this episode is, and that while I hate spam and never spam!

It's Tentacruel!
    It's rather interesting how the field changes. And again I don't see how Ash's untrained Tauros is doing so well in battle. I was sort of hoping Team Rocket would have done more in this episode, but again they're instantly taken out by the Dragonite. Something funny I noticed, you could hear Tauros moo'ing while Pikachu was in the air after Hyper Beam, even though Tauros was defeated by then. I actually think Ash deserved to win this one, that Leaders Dragonite was good, but apart from that he was quite pathetic. And Ash's Pokémon seem to have recovered fast! This two part episode was quite good, but I still think it needed a lot more Team Rocket interference!

xxx

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast