Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Enter The Dragonite (114)

Quote Originally Posted by Factory Head Noland View Post
    You can't really blame Lapras, it was still young. I think it done great beating Gengar (even though it fainted itself). That Gengar was strong!
    I agree! It tried the hardest it could ^_^

It was a riot to see Team Rocket get all into Ash's battle with Drake and almost forget their plan. Also, Ash did well against Drake and some of the strategies that he used in this six on six battle showed his intellect.

It's too bad that Laplace versus Gangar ended in a draw, but as this championship match progressed, Yuuji seemed to gain the upper hand. I liked seeing rarely showcased Pokemon like Eleboo and Fushigibana on Yuuji's team as well, and Kairyu totally lived up to the hype and put up a good battle until the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    This was my favorite pre-Johto episode since Ash finally won a big competition with a full team
    It was certainly a good time to be an Ash fan ha ha. I was proud of him myself and I just wish that Ash had become a Pokemon Master here after his big accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    It was certainly a good time to be an Ash fan ha ha. I was proud of him myself and I just wish that Ash had become a Pokemon Master here after his big accomplishment.
    If that had happened, the series would've ended since becoming a Pokemon Master was Ash's endgame goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    If that had happened, the series would've ended since becoming a Pokemon Master was Ash's endgame goal.
    Well I'm sure that the writing staff could've kept him around even if he had become a Pokemon Master here when he defeated Drake. They could've simply had Ash travel around and compete in other tournaments to defend his title hee hee. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I'm sure that the writing staff could've kept him around even if he had become a Pokemon Master here when he defeated Drake. They could've simply had Ash travel around and compete in other tournaments to defend his title hee hee. ^^;
    If his story would've continued regardless, then I don't see why him achieving his goal here would've mattered. He was lucky that he even won against a powerhouse like Dragonite, though. :/

A comparable situation to Ash winning the Orange League is in men's college basketball, where a team wins any postseason tournament BUT the NCAA tournament like the NIT. Many college basketball fans consider the NIT to be second-rate, and thus desire only an NCAA championship for their teams (I can understand, where I saw Ohio State win the 2008 NIT a year after coming up short in the NCAA final - if I had been in charge I would have personally turned down the NIT invite, saying it's either the Big Dance, or it's no Dance for us).

So my point is that to this day I still do not care for Ash's Orange League win for multiple reasons. I still think he needs to win the league of a region that is actually in the games to satisfy my tastes. I think the writers' refusal to let him win one is why TPC burned its bridges with Cartoon Network.
    Last edited by Pikachu Fan Number Nine; 17th March 2017 at 9:37 PM.
    This user supports Brock/Ash and Cilan/Ash

Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
    Shippings I support: Ash/Misty, Drew/May, Kenny/Dawn, Ash's Pikachu/Dawn's Buneary, Tracey/Daisy, Cilan/Iris, Clemont/Serena, Harley/Zoey, James/Jessie, Max/Bonnie, Max/Mira, Max/Vivi Winstrate (I multiship Max and only Max), Butch/Cassidy, Gary/Lillie, Kiawe/Lana, Sophocles/Mallow, Lunick/Solana, Wes/Rui, Brendan/Game May

RIP Blake Carrington, Ben Matlock, Joe Mannix, JR Ewing, Jim Phelps

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345