Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Enter The Dragonite (114)

Oh wow everyone agrees this battle was one of the top ten battles of the Series!
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

This was one of Ash's best battles indeed. It's tied with Ash's victory over Gary and a little above from Ash's victory against Paul. Overall, a brilliant episode.

I loved the ending with the footprints.
    The Orange League should have for sure been an area to explore in-game
    Pokemon Journals
    Kanto Region:complete
    Johto Region:in progress

So different from Kanto, yet as much as beautiful.

I was really impressed by how strong Drake's Dragonite was. I did not think that Pikachu would be able to take it down, so I was amazed when that happened and Ash won. At the end of the episode, I liked the scene with the hall of fame with the picture of Ash and his Pokemon posing with the trophy. Overall, this episode was a great way to end Ash's Orange League challenge.

Let's hope for more trophies!

I really congratulate Ash for achieving something like this. The whole premise, the battle, the action - It was all superbly done. As I said in the previous episode topic, this battle was unprecedentedly good if you take in mind the horrible matches Ash had in the Indigo League (Excluding the gym battle with Blaine) I loved this episode and was probably the most epic episode in a very, very long while.

It was nice to see Ash actually win a league here, even though it's not the same kind of League as Indigo, Johto, etc.

I hope Ash wins another league eventually.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature
    -----
    RIP Foghorn Leghorn and Casey Kasem

This was...no, is, THE best battle in the anime. Ash had finally accomplished something big to make up for his loss against Ritchie, I liked how he had the upper hand for most of the battle (until Dragonite appeared), as opposed to being at the edge of losing until he was saved by a plot device, I HATE that.

It was great to see Ash finally win something

I remember watching this back in the day. It was intense as hell. But I must ask: Why is it that Ash wins something be it league or Frontier when they're part of a filler arc/not in the games? Freaky coincidence, huh?

I really liked this episode. It was awesome to see Ash achieve something big and the battle itself was really fun too see if you ask me.
    Get chills when the commentator says "the challenger wins the match, the challanger wins the match" =)

Wow. Now I see why Dragonite is overrated to this day. It freakin had 10 moves. 10. That's more that 4. xD But, I'm glad Ash won the Orange League. Even if it was unofficial

I re-watched this episode recently and I was actually impressed because I had forgotten several things, like Tauros's performance. I vaguely remembered seeing him lose against Drake's Venusaur when I was younger, but he actually defeated it which was great. I guess beginner's luck really exists. Anyway, I was still impressed with Drake's Dragonite even if it got tossed to the ground by Tauros which shouldn't have happened since Dragonite can fly, but I guess we're supposed to overlook that. I loved how diverse Dragonite's moveset was, and it wasn't insanely strong like we were led to believe; it started getting tired pretty quickly so I guess its endurance wasn't phenomenal. Anyway, I cringed when Ash replied to Drake's compliment by saying that he has great Pokemon; I thought it was super cheesy but this episode was still one of the best ones ever imo.

This was an awesome Second half the battle betweeno Ash and the Orange crew leader Drake. Lapras and Gengar's battle tied, Ash Tauros and Charizard did well aganist Drake's Venusaur and Electabuzz. It's awsome how Pikachu used his tail to dodge Dragonite's Hyper Beam and defeated it using Thunder. This battle is one of the best Pokémon battles in my opinion, it easily tops any battle from the Kanto saga.

I'm glad Ash finally achieved something big.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Really great battle it was. Despite only being a filler series the Orange one was so good. proper well done.

This episode was really intense to watch brand new back as a kid and is still my all-time favourite episode. If I recall, this was the first 6 V 6 battle for Ash in the Anime. I think the tension of not being sure Ash was going to win was one of the coolest things about it. I remember thinking "Holy **** is that Dragonite even stoppable?" as Ash's team were slowly being knocked out one by one, including his Charizard. Ash was down to his Pikachu, and Dragonite launched Hyper Beam at it. I was closing my eyes in terror as I had a bad feeling Ash was going to lose again. Of course, we were still under shock of Ash losing to Ritchie in the Indigo League back then, but this was also another league and nobody had beaten Drake or his Dragonite yet. Once Pikachu survived I opened my eyes in excitement, cheering Ash on as Pikachu used Thunder on Dragonite. The moment Dragonite fainted I couldn't believe it. Ash became a Pokemon Master... or that's what I thought before realising he still wasn't one 10 years later.

10/10

I agree this was a pretty awesome conclusion to the Orange League.
    Too bad this will be the only league Ash will ever win, probably.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234