Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rivalry Revival! (118)

Gary's Eevee was really strong, considering its size.

I think Ash should realise that Gary knows all his battle strategies with Pikachu.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Nice episode, Gary's eevee is strong<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Talking

When Jessie spelled live (L-I-V-E live), it was hilarious when our observant friend reacted! IMO it was one of the funniest events in the Animé!
    I love my cute little Machop!

Come on, you know Machop is cute! I mean, who couldn't love those endearing eyes? That adorable face? That loving embrace?

Just don't call it cuddly or else it will hurt you.

Credit to pokefan#493 for the userbar and Northern Lights for the badge

Click the banner to go to this forum's branch of the Bring Back Bionicle Club.

I am now the rightful claimer of Machop in the Official Claim A Pokemon Thread v5! [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2z57udz.jpg[/IMG]

Seriously, Pikachu versus Eevee and Pikachu loses? Pikachu, who beat a Dragonite a few episodes prior to this battle, lost to an Eevee? Ridiculous, but I guess it's just the typical writers doing their thing. Ash loses a battle then he decides to head out to a new region; it seems generic in a way, like Kanto all over again.. I liked the going away dinner parts of this episode though since Team Rocket was funny. 5/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 2:12 AM.

It was disappointing that Ash lost to Gary, so Gary was able to laugh at him as much as he want.

And i think it was the only time that Ash leaves to a journey with Brock from the begining.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

That was a good match against Gary, but I found it kind of sad that Pikachu got beaten by a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    When Jessie spelled live (L-I-V-E live), it was hilarious when our observant friend reacted! IMO it was one of the funniest events in the Animé!
    I totally agree with you! But I still wonder what happend between Ivy and Brock.

8/10

While it was a great episode, the battle of Gary and Ash was pretty crappy.

Also, why would Ash be confused when Oak mentions Johto? Isn't that like an American not knowing about Canada?

Most of the people in here are right about how stupid the match between Pikachu and Eevee was. It would have been better if it was Umbreon verses Pikachu. That way it would have made a good introduction to Johto and also because none of Ash's annoying friends behind him don't know what it is neither to make it seem that he was dumb for losing to a little Eevee.

My ideal battle ever!

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Seriously, Pikachu versus Eevee and Pikachu loses? Pikachu, who beat a Dragonite a few episodes prior to this battle, lost to an Eevee? Ridiculous, but I guess it's just the typical writers doing their thing. Ash loses a battle then he decides to head out to a new region; it seems generic in a way, like Kanto all over again.. I liked the going away dinner parts of this episode though since Team Rocket was funny. 5/10.
    Um, keep in mind here that Pikachu beat a Dragonite WHO WAS ALREADY WEAKENED BY 5 POKEMON prior! Also how can you say that the whole "Ash loses a battle then he decides to head out to a new region" was just the writers doing their typical thing when: 1. The series was only 2 years old at this point & 2. This was the very first time that the writers have ever even used that writing technique to begin with.

This episode was ok... The battle between Eevee and Pikachu was really cool, but too bad Pikachu just had to lose. Eevee was very strong! It did set the stage for them to truely face off in the Johto region, and Ash got to go to that region.

38/100

Eevee was strong but didn't Pikachu finish off a Dragonite and a strong Ditto?

My ideal battle ever!

GARYYY!!!! Eevee is the highlight of this episode for me, so as the epic battle. I really like how Gary saved the day with Team Rocket.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

The battle was the only semi-interesting thing in this episode and even that wasn't very interesting. I never cared for this rivalry though since it really sucked until the very end.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    Seriously, Pikachu versus Eevee and Pikachu loses? Pikachu, who beat a Dragonite a few episodes prior to this battle, lost to an Eevee? Ridiculous, but I guess it's just the typical writers doing their thing. Ash loses a battle then he decides to head out to a new region; it seems generic in a way, like Kanto all over again..
    Except that Gary is on the same level of experience as Ash, and aside from losing in the Indigo League has been ahead of Ash interms of training.

Now if it was a rookie trainer, then I would agree.

Great to see Gary defeating Ash, Gary deserved to win, and he won. However, I missed Gary's limousine and his cheerleading girls. Gary isn't the same without them. Good closure of Orange Islands and Gen I, good start of Jotho and Gen II. 10/10.

Incidentally, I wonder if the writers gave Gary an Eevee at random or if they were giving a nod to Pokemon Yellow. Heck, until the Johto League, I gave into thinking that he started with an Eevee.

Then again, they might have planned for him to have an Umbreon.

Ah... Gary. He's such a jerk to Ash... however, I have to give him a point for being a good trainer.

Personally, I rather wanted Ash battle Gary using Chirazard instead of Pikachu. That way he would have pulled a big surprise on Gary.

The battle between Pikachu and Eevee was very exciting. I loved how Brock rejoined Ash & Misty and are now going to the Johto region. I LOVE the original trio!
    Last edited by Blessed; 4th September 2012 at 3:32 AM.

It's Dewgong!
    I like that Gary won, and that he's actually being a lot more mature than Ash. Loved Team Rocket's disguise when they randomly intrude on the dinner and start eating everything. And this was one of the more funnier methods of capturing Pikachu! I still want to know what exactly Ivy did to Brock... I'll quite miss Tracey, but I guess Brock was still better than him!

xxx

When I saw this episode as a little kid, I was probably mad that Gary won the battle against Ash, since I disliked Gary back then. Now though, I don't mind the fact that Ash lost at all. Brock still being depressed over Prof. Ivy was funny to me. I was also glad that Brock decided to travel with Ash and Misty again, I was missing him throughout the Orange Islands.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    The battle between Pikachu and Eevee was very exciting. I loved how Brock came back to join Ash & Misty!! I LOVE the original trio.
    I agree with every word you said in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    It's Dewgong!
    I like that Gary won, and that he's actually being a lot more mature than Ash. Loved Team Rocket's disguise when they randomly intrude on the dinner and start eating everything. And this was one of the more funnier methods of capturing Pikachu! I still want to know what exactly Ivy did to Brock... I'll quite miss Tracey, but I guess Brock was still better than him!
    I am also glad Gary won, Ash needed to be put back on earth, Ash shouldn't always win. And I also loved Team Rocket here. And here is my interpretation of what happened between Professor Ivy and Brock:
    - Ivy forced Brock to do a lot of chores.
    - When Brock expected a kiss for all the hard work (no sex, that's too "mature" for Pokemon), Ivy dumped him. Ivy never was in love with Brock, she just wanted him to do chores.
    - Brock got traumatized.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarelle View Post
    When I saw this episode as a little kid, I was probably mad that Gary won the battle against Ash, since I disliked Gary back then. Now though, I don't mind the fact that Ash lost at all. Brock still being depressed over Prof. Ivy was funny to me. I was also glad that Brock decided to travel with Ash and Misty again, I was missing him throughout the Orange Islands.
    I also missed Brock.

Ah, the last episode before Johto and the official introduction of the 2nd generation. This episode started off strong with the battle between Gary and Ash and I was pleased with the results of the match. Clearly, you can see Gary made a 180 degree turnaround and is much better than he used to be. Also, just as the title said, this is a perfect name for reviving the old rivalry between them too - but just on a more mature way.

After that, they introduced the Johto League and also a continuation of the GS-ball and Brock returning too!

Yes, great ending too this second season!

I liked the episode, but you'd expect Pikachu to beat Eevee after taking down a Dragonite, but it didn't even put up much of a fight. I also miss Tracey, glad he achieved his goal, though! I think he's the only character in the anime to do so.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast