Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Rivalry Revival! (118)

I actually liked Eevee beating Pikachu it knocked him and Ash off their high horses from winning the Orange League
    Walker Sleepover

I love how Pikachu beat a Dragonite that knows 10 moves yet it can't win against an Eevee.

Only Gary Mother****in Oak can raise such Pokemon.

Eevee vs Pikachu was great. I wish Pikachu would have at least done some damage to Eevee. But I guess when Ash brags, he'll surely lose the match. Now, onto Johto. Arceus protect me from these fillers

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Incidentally, I wonder if the writers gave Gary an Eevee at random or if they were giving a nod to Pokemon Yellow. Heck, until the Johto League, I gave into thinking that he started with an Eevee.

Then again, they might have planned for him to have an Umbreon.
    But in the third episode you can see the Samurai talking about how he lost against all 3 trainers from Pallet town (and see a picture from each one of the battles). The fact that Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charmander was also picked by someone "that showed up in time" according to Professor Oak. So yeah it was a good thing Squirtle was the first Pokemon. Eevee was probably either there so he could have a Umbreon or like you said maybe giving a nod to Pokemon Yellow.

Overall this was a episode I liked. Brock being back and I also think it was good that Ash learned a lesson by losing to Gary. I always saw Gary as the better trainer but Ash as the better person. Fun thing they actually had a battle cause I remember a episode before Indigo league when they would have had a battle but never had, that made my dissapointed as a kid :P

Quote Originally Posted by Antiyonder View Post
    Incidentally, I wonder if the writers gave Gary an Eevee at random or if they were giving a nod to Pokemon Yellow. Heck, until the Johto League, I gave into thinking that he started with an Eevee.

Then again, they might have planned for him to have an Umbreon.
    Yeah. They never really told you what he started with until then. I honestly thought he'd have started with Charmander. It just seemed more him, I guess.

They might have planned for Umbreon right away, but I'm not sure. They might have just wanted some sort of new Eevee evolution to be expressed through it, but I guess Umbreon could have been a done-deal even thought it hadn't appeared in the show yet. *Shrugs*

I must admit my favorite part of this episode was the battle between ash and gary and the best part about that battle was that gary won proving that he is and always will be the better trainer.
    on the downside tracy left he could have become a decent character if the fanbase wasnt made up of bunch of whiners(no offense).
    If you believe in Jesus Christ put this in your profile and don't just ignore this, because in the Bible it says,
    If you deny me, I will deny you in front of my Father at the gates of Heaven.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†
    for those of you who are interested here is my link to my youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/pokedigijedi

Trade shop: pokedigijedi's bounty board
    3DS FRIEND CODE: 4382-2152-1254 friend safari type: poison pokemon ariados, kakuna, and muk. please don't take too long too add me it drives me crazy and I will delete your friend code

Quote Originally Posted by pokedigijedi View Post
    I must admit my favorite part of this episode was the battle between ash and gary and the best part about that battle was that gary won proving that he is and always will be the better trainer.
    on the downside tracy left he could have become a decent character if the fanbase wasnt made up of bunch of whiners(no offense).
    I agree... I always felt like Tracy could have been a good character, but his fan-base was... Yeah... xD
    When Ash walked in his house and Brock was there... I was so glad to have him back. xD Tracy was good, but Brock was funnier, he was more into what he was doing. All Tracy really did to prove he was a Pokemon Watcher was draw stuff when the chance to came. Brock was obsessed with his work as a Breeder. xD

The first rival battle in the series. I remember watching this and laughing at Ash losing back when I was a kid. xD

Meh, this episode was boring. There was a battle between Ash and Gary stu in the beginning, but the outcome of the battle was disappointing! Ash's Pikachu can beat a Dragonite, but lose to a Eevee ? That dosen't make any sense. I hate it when the writers overglorify Gary to make Ash look bad, this wasn't a good way to Nice reviving their rivalry in my opinion. Misty was really annoying throughout the episode, I didn't like how she was rubbing Ash's defeat in his face the whole time. She was supposed to cheering him up, not making him feel even worse. -_-

Professor Oak tried to gather information about the GS Ball that Ash brought from Prof. Ivy, but he couldn't find out anything about the mysterious Pokéball. When Ash and co. asked Professor Oak about the GS ball, he didn't gave a positive reponse, which lead Misty to say "If he can’t solve the mystery, then it's no wonder why Professor Ivy couldn’t solve the mystery”. Of course, Misty mentioning of Professor Ivy’s name totally crushed Brock. Geez, I wonder what happened in the Orange Islands that made Brock act like that? Maybe Prof. Ivy rejected Brock's love proposal.... or maybe it's something worse? Oh well, I guess this will be a mystery forever. Seeing Ash wating to compete in the Johto League is was cool, Brock and Misty tagging alone was great too. It's good to see the OS group thinking about traveling together again. While Ash was excited to compete in the Johto league, Professor Oak told him to take the GS ball to Kurt in Azela Town.... because he thinks maybe Kurt could do something about the mysterious Pokéball. Well, it's too bad that the GS ball is another mystery will remain a mystery forever.

It was nice of Delia to packing up some things for Ash's next journey. The talk between Ash and Delia was nice too... but sadly Brock interrupted them, shoving Ash aside and grasping Mrs. Ketchum's hands to flirt with her. Ehhh, it was so weird to see Brock grabing Delia's hands and acting like that in front of her. He was so over-eager to impress help Delia that he ran to the shop WITHOUT the shopping list and he even said that after tomorrow she'll be all his!?! Geez, that's just ridiculous. Even Ash admited that it was pretty scary.

Team Rocket were annoying as usual, but at least Tracy got some screentime before Ash and co. heading to Johto. He's one of the few Pokémon characters who actually managed to fulfil his dream, although his dream wasn't as big as Ash's dream to begin with.
    Last edited by PokemontrainerY; 2nd April 2014 at 6:30 PM.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Quote Originally Posted by No. 1 Machop Fan View Post
    When Jessie spelled live (L-I-V-E live), it was hilarious when our observant friend reacted! IMO it was one of the funniest events in the Animé!
    Oh yeah, that part was hilarious!

Glad to see the original gang going out and exploring the Johto region together!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team

Claimed by me!

Despite the fact that Pikachu's battle with Gary's Eevee irked me a lot, I did appreciate Gary's return at least. He was a lot more mature here than he was back in early Kanto, so seeing Ash's rival return stronger than ever was at least one good thing to come from this episode in my opinion.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123