Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rivalry Revival! (118)

Default The Rivalry Revival! (118)

The Rivalry Revival!

After Gary saves the day against Team Rocket, Ash decides to challenge him...Pikachu VS Eevee. However after the battle, Ash is depressed but goes to follow Gary to Johto in order to beat him once and for all. Will he successfully do this?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Even though Gary won the match, he said to Ash 'You did a great job, Ash!'. How sweet!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I actually thought that Ash would win this battle, I thought "An Eevee...easy..." but it turns out that I was so wrong.

meggirl63 Guest

I was surprised by Eevee when he used his Skull Bash towards Pikachu.

Shiny May Guest

Gary's Eevee was amazing in this episode. It had so much strength. You could really see that he really trained his pokemon a lot while Ash was at the Orange Islands. The Eevee had such a good defense. Truly amazing.
    Pikachu was okay too but he kinda disappointed me.

Talking gary is cheating!

gary's eevee knew attacks that it can't learn not even as egg moves or as a tm move.

m!nt Guest

Quote Originally Posted by stuarthillman
    gary's eevee knew attacks that it can't learn not even as egg moves or as a tm move.
    In r/b/y you could teach Eevee skull bash because it was a TM so I guess Gary taught it. I dunno..

vulpix Guest

i wasn't at all surprised that Gary beat Ash.

I can just imagine how many people were dancing in the streets when Brock said he was back. I do like Tracey, but I'm glad Brock's still around today. There's something about his smarts about pokemon and pokemon battling, and the way he goes crazy over girls, that I just enjoy watching. At least they let Tracey go out on a good note with this episode, too, with him having his pokemon come to the rescue for Pikachu. I liked Jessie and James taking the opportunity to scarf down food when they were pretending to be reporters too (and Jessie getting Brock by spelling out "L-I-V-E").

Overall, great episode. I also liked Ash's battle against Gary, which was definitely a long time coming. Too bad he lost, but at least now we know their rematch went much better.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Any episode that includes Gary is a keeper for me - and it's great how he became more mature as a trainer and still not the arrogant one who carries around that cheerleading squad.

p.s. I'm glad Ash lost

wow good episode. i would have never thought an eevee would be so strong. its sad that gary just got his eevee and ash had pikachu since he started, but he still lost. overall ill give it a 9.8/10

i like Gary but i wonder what the situation would've been if Ash used charizard. Anyway, Ash got a rival again (hadn't had one a while, not since richie).

Thanks to Aurora Wish for making this card- totally awesome.

The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up.
    Paul Valery

"I grew up with six brothers. That's how I learned to dance: waiting for the bathroom."
    Bob Hopes

I really liked this one. I really think Pikachu would have killed Eevee, but the writers didn't agree. They obviously did this just so Ash wouldn't stop training and winning Badges. It's just like on Dragon Ball what Master Roshi, disguised as Jackie Chun, to keep Goku training and striving to be the best.
    Sliver Version Typhlosion Revamp done by Shelldude1

TC Created by BLAZEQUAZA

This was one of the better episodes where the person who should have won, won. Eevee was obviously much better trained. They probably did the eevee thing to keep with the story of Yellow but later decided Gary got a regular starter.

Equip 2: Coming soon to F117

Very good episode the battle between Pikachu and Eevee was very exciting. I laughed when Gary walked right on by Team Rocket didn't even other to look their way. Nice to see Brock traveling with Ash and Misty again.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Nice battle between Eevee and Pikachu, I like the episodes where Ash and Gary battle

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

It was a OK episode.

I liked the fact that Eevee made an appearance. It was nice to see a rival battle between the two old rivals, with some better maturity with Gary. Glad Brock came back, though I wish we knew some more about the Professor Ivy Incident.

Super Smash Brothers Brawl Friend Code: 3523-1844-5527
    only use AR for playing with different pokemon as a starter when i get bored of the same three types on pearl (Hey, sometimes it's fun playing pearl with the choice of raising a spheal or misdreavus early on and ditching the piplup I've used for the 20th time!)

And thus begins Gary's decent into "Gary"-Stu-ness.

Too bad we never got to see a rematch between Pikachu and during the league.

Meh. One sided fights are boring. And Misty began becoming really annoying, rubbing Ash's defeat in his face the whole time, then we get a boring dinner scene that thankfully is interrupted by the Rockets.

Jessie: "This report is live! L-I-V-E!"
    Brock: *whimper* ;-;

I still wonder what exactly happened between Brock and Ivy...

2/10, only escaped a 1/10 thanks to Team Rocket.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

The Battle between Ash & Gary was truly amazing Gary's Eevee really stood out in it's battle with Pikachu, to bad this is the only time we get to see it in action, since next time we see Gary it's already evolved. It's great to see Gary actually being mature instead of insulting Ash like he did during the Indigo League, Though the question has to be brought up what happened to his car and those girls that were always with him? Nice to see Ash starting a new journey to the land of Johto.

The Battle between Ash & Gary was truly amazing Gary's Eevee really stood out in it's battle with Pikachu, to bad this is the only time we get to see it in action, since next time we see Gary it's already evolved. It's great to see Gary actually being mature instead of insulting Ash like he did during the Indigo League, Though the question has to be brought up what happened to his car and those girls that were always with him? Nice to see Ash starting a new journey to the land of Johto.

i don't like rival fights in pokemon but it's a good episode i can aree with that.

I thought it was funny how ash lost his cool b4 the fight and just lashed like that.
    "I'm here to fight not talk, how 'bout you?" - Gary
    "I'm HERE TO BEAT YOU GARY!" - Ash, before losing badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    Couldn't've said it better myself ^_^ It was great seeing Eeve in action, and Gary actually telling Ash he did a good job made my heart swell. Great episode, at least for me
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I love Gary's eevee. This was a good battle and good episode. I'm kind of happy that Ash lost :P

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast