Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't Touch That Dile! (119)

totodile is the best pokemon ash got if you ask me.

great episode to start the new season..
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

totodile is so cute who ever got that Pokemon was lucky
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

For some reason I hate that episode
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

That Totodile was awesome, the way it latched onto Jessie's hair

The plot reminds me of the GSC games, when the rival steals a Pokémon. I almost wish we had that plot, though. Would've made this episode a whole lot better. Nonetheless, it was still a good episode ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Quite an interesting episode.This was the beginning of Johto saga and i liked how it started.Seeing Suicune in this episode was great along with Johto starters Totodile,Cyndaquil and Chikorita.The part with Totodile biting Jessies hair was funny and this was the first appearrance of proffesor Elm.

All in all i have no complaints,this was quite a solid episode.

This is a good start to the Johto series. Totodile was so cute But Ash's is better.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I remember when I first say this episode. The Jhoto starter pokemon where so cute. I remember at the time, I was disapointed that chikorita wasn't in the episode, but cyndaquil was so cute!!

one of my favourite episodes because it got me to decide that cyndaquil is the best starter ever

Prof. Elm doesn't know what goe on. The Totodile got taken away right under his nose!

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Suicune was great, and Totodile was funny when it grabbed Jessie's hair XD
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I knew this was an Iwane episode right from the very first minute - Satoshi and Kasumi's argument is brilliantly animated. Furthermore, Musashi-tachi have some hilarious facial expressions throughout, including that "oh crap" look that Musashi and Nyasu get when they realize Kojirou's already in the phone booth. And it goes without saying that Takeshi's romance-fueled fits of chivalry in his efforts to find Joi-san are virtuoso pieces of work.

The battle in Act II is downright epic, due in no small part to Iwane's stellar direction. Pikachu and Fushigidane and Zenigame and Lizardon vs. Arbok and Matadogas and Beroringa and Utsubot is probably one of the highlights of the series. I especially like the in-joke that comes at the end, where the four Rocket-dan Pok&#233;mon get blasted off separate from their trainers, and they all emit a four-syllable cry that's obviously supposed to be Pok&#233;mon speak for "Ya na kanji~!"

Utsugi-hakase is really funny, mostly 'cause you get the sense that he's drastically under-qualified for his job. Note that Ookido-hakase refers to him as "Utsugi-kun", meaning he clearly doesn't consider the guy as an equal. And I should mention that Waninoko's voice is adorably funny. "Wajiwajiwajiwaji..."

While I'm here, I might as well bring up the opening theme. "OK!" is easily one of my favorites. Every time it comes on, I completely forget that Jouto was full of boring, inconsequential fillers - this song puts me in the mood for adventure, no matter what! That part in the middle with the five synthesizer hits and the hyped-up shout of "HAI!" leading into Satoshi singing "Golden Sun and Silver Moon"...that's adrenaline, man. Oh, and I can't overlook "Nyasu's Party", the ending theme that launched with this episode. It's so delightfully goofy - and hey, anytime Inuyama Inuko sings as Nyasu, it's hilarious.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Great episode.

I loved Totodile, it was very funny....

And Ash's pokemon, especially Charizard, were great.

9/10
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

OMG. One of the most memorable episodes ever since it was the start of Johto saga as well as Suicune's anime debut. I loved how absent-minded Professor Elm was in the anime. His lack of attentiveness almost allowed Totodile to fall into the wrong hands (Team Rocket's). I'm glad Cyndaquil appeared too since it's so cute, but since it didn't do much, I almost forgot it appeared in this episode. A 10/10 for the debut of Johto.
    Last edited by Lorde; 2nd December 2010 at 2:03 AM.

This was an excellent start for the Johto saga, I think the Johto starters are my faves and the appearance of Suicune was cool. <3

The Team Rocket parts were hilarious and Ash, Misty & Brock still had chemistry among them. how I miss those times.

10/10

After seeing the BW premiere episode I have to say that I've grown a much stronger appreciation for this episode! I'm sick and tired of the 1st episode of every new region being: Ash ditches his entire team (minus Pikachu), something horrible happens to Pikachu, Pikachu's power level gets reset, Ash meets a new girl, Pikachu fries the new girl's bike, etc. This particular episode is unique in the sense that it just simply goes onward with Ash's journey from the previous episode/saga, and I really like it alot that it just continues on with Ash's journey with respect for the audience who had followed his journey from the previous saga/regions !

The new premiere episodes of new regions just reboot it to the point where it just simply insults the audience's intelligence by showing Ash making really n00bish mistakes despite his experience from the previous sagas/regions, and by also pretending that the previous sagas/regions had never ever happened period.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayho1234 View Post
    The new premiere episodes of new regions just reboot it to the point where it just simply insults the audience's intelligence by showing Ash making really n00bish mistakes despite his experience from the previous sagas/regions, and by also pretending that the previous sagas/regions had never ever happened period.
    I don't see where you get that. The start of AG and DP purposely made it clear he was a mature and experienced trainer.

Its only BW that seems to not make that obvious.

This episode was alright. Elm was a pretty cool guy since he doesn't pay much attention about the things around him since he's too wrapped up in his work. Other than that it was just pretty average and all.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This episode was ok. When I 1st saw this, I was glad to see my favorite "group" of starters in the 1st episode. Unfortunately this episode set the stage for repeat starts for other regions' 1st episode... Professor Elm was cool.

20/100

This episode was cool. Professer Elm was very clumsy. Glad to see The 2nd gen starters and Totodile show some affection to Jessie .

7/10

It's Chikorita!
    I LOVE the Johto Journeys intro theme! Samuel Oak... lol. I wonder if that nurse Joy liked Professor Elm. Sort of seemed like it when she started talking about human relationships. Jessie whipping her hair back and forth with the Totodile on it was funny, and that Totodile was cute. I was sort of hoping we would see the Totodile meet its new trainer. Oh well, a great first episode for Johto!

xxx

Loved seeing Suicune at the beginning. This was probably my first time ever seeing it, so I found it very interesting. I also really liked the Totodile because I remember that I found it hilarious when it was biting down on Jessie's hair. The Cyndaquil was also very cute!

Well, Suicune was pretty sick! And we get to meet good ol' Totodile. Also, I love when Brock calls himself mature. I miss problem solver Brock Qwaa...

Great great great introduction to Johto. Appearances of both a legendary Pokémon and the introduction of Johto's starter Pokémons. I think they did this greatly and it was unique in the way that it differentiated from the other first episodes from the other seasons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast