Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't Touch That Dile! (119)

The first episode of Johto!! I had this on tape lol. This episode was pertty good, the ticklish Cyndaquil was soo cute xD

An excellent episode to start the Johto saga. I loved how Ash, Misty, & Brock saw a Suicune, It looked very pretty. It was so cute when Misty was tickling Cyndaquil. This episode was done greatly and it was unique. The Japanese opening for this season is the best and one of my favorites.

A good first episode. We got to see Suicune and Totodile was funny in this episode as well. Professor Elm sure does talk a lot though. And that's coming from me.

Professor Elm was my favourite here. Totodile was hilarious in Jessie's hair (no pun intended), and it was overall a great episode.

Ahh...the only time where Ash didn't leave all his Pokémon in the previous region.
    Decent episode...good way to start off Johto Journeys

I am a proud member of the
    Extraordinary Gentleman's Organization (E.G.O.)

This episode was a good way start off the Johto saga. Brock joined Ash on his journey again after a long time, which was good. It's cool when Ash, Misty and Brock saw the legendary Suicune on their way to New Bark Town. I liked the scene where Brock was trying to a flowers to Officer Jenny and Misty pulled his ear, it was kinda funny. Brock holding Nurse Joy's hand all of sudden was random, but funny as well. It's nice to see Prof. Elm and the Johto starters, I'm glad Cyndaquil and Totodile appeared so early in the series. Totodile was funny in this episode, I liked the scene where Totodile bit Jessie's hair....it was hilarious.
    This episode is memorable for me, because this is the only time when was the only time Ash didn't left his older Pokémon at Oak's ranch before going to a new region for starting a new journey.
    I'm glad Iwane did the animation for this episode, the animation looked great.....especially the part where Ash and the others encountered Suicune.

It seems that Waninoko and Musashi were inseparable for a while. Also it was quite rare to have Rocket Dan's all Pokémon were in action. Quite strange for Rocket Dan actually got blast off instead of being arrested by Junsa san unlike how Yamato and Kosaburo were earlier. Utsugi was quite oblivious in my opinion since he did not see something wrong when Rocket Dan take the Waninoko out.

Funny how absent-minded Professor Elm seems to be.
    No wonder one of the starters went missing.

My top favorites

Claimed by me!

Formerly Painkiller2001

Seeing Ash and friends wandering through foggy and gloomy woods at the start was creepy, but Suicune's appearance was great; I loved how symbolic it was for Ash and friends to see it as they arrived in Johto. I cackled when Team Rocket just wandered into Elm's lab, and that Totodile that bit Jessie's hair was so persistent.

I liked this episode cuz it began the Johto saga. Seeing Suicune at the beginning was awesome and Elm was so clumsy especially since he didn't even notice Team rocket stealing Totodile. Jessie getting her hair bitten by Totodile was funny. ^^

This epsisode is one of my favorites. It introduces a whole new world, Totodile, whom is my favorite starter. The episode just makes me feel happy every time I watch it.
    We all live in a Pokémon world.
        Spoiler:- ❤️:

I absolutely loved seeing Suicune in the beginning and nice when Professor Elm introduces Ash and friends to the Johto starters. But I thought that she was going to get a Totodile but she never got one anyway.

Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Lexya428 View Post
    This epsisode is one of my favorites. It introduces a whole new world, Totodile, whom is my favorite starter. The episode just makes me feel happy every time I watch it.
    I like the whole new region vibe too, I just wish we had seen more Johto pokemon here but I guess focusing on Totodile since it's a Johto starter was more important. ^^

Lmao at how clueless Professor Elm was. He didn't realize that Totodile got taken away right under his nose by TR. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Lmao at how clueless Professor Elm was. He didn't realize that Totodile got taken away right under his nose by TR. Sigh.
    He was focusing on his research to be fair, so even I can't blame him too much for failing to notice that Team rocket had taken the poor Totodile. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Blessed View Post
    An excellent episode to start the Johto saga. I loved how Ash, Misty, & Brock saw a Suicune, It looked very pretty. It was so cute when Misty was tickling Cyndaquil. This episode was done greatly and it was unique. The Japanese opening for this season is the best and one of my favorites.
    Man I wish Misty had kept the ticklish Cyndaquil even if it clashed with her type specialty.

Quote Originally Posted by JudySpell View Post
    Man I wish Misty had kept the ticklish Cyndaquil even if it clashed with her type specialty.
    Yea it was adorable but even ignoring its type, it was gonna get picked up soon by a new trainer, so she couldn't have taken it any ways. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Yea it was adorable but even ignoring its type, it was gonna get picked up soon by a new trainer, so she couldn't have taken it any ways. ^^
    Trust me I know. I was just speaking hypothetically.

I absolutely love how Cyndaquil was presented in this episode. Cyndaquil being tickled is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen in a Pokemon episode. I'm glad that Ash caught another one in a later episode, but nothing beats this one, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Thriller View Post
    The first Ep where Brock see's that Charizard is obedient, yet he says nothing about it.
    I never thought about that. That is a very observant point.

I think Ash should've gotten the spare Cyndaquil from Professor Elm in this episode + Jessie and Totodile made me laugh when they were struggling with her hair.

It's interesting that Ash saw Suicune as he was beginning his journey in Johto: it harks back to when he saw Ho-Oh at the beginning of his Kanto journey.

How ironic that Satoshi saw a Suikun upon arriving in Jouto like how he saw Houou when he left Masara Town. Musashi stealing Waninoko from Utsugi-hakase and him failing to notice until later was funny, and it mirrored how Silver stole from him in the G/S/C games. Wakaba Town looked very uninspiring, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstardust View Post
    I think Ash should've gotten the spare Cyndaquil from Professor Elm in this episode
    He couldn't have however even if he had wanted to catch it cuz Elm said that the Cyndaquil here was being saved for a beginner trainer. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    He couldn't have however even if he had wanted to catch it cuz Elm said that the Cyndaquil here was being saved for a beginner trainer. ^^;
    Utsugi-hakase's Hinoarashi didn't seem that strong, anyway. When Kasumi tickled it, it acted babyish, so I'm glad that Satoshi didn't attain this one. If I had to guess, I'd say that this Hinoarashi went on to become Kenta's later on.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123