Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

I think it's the best D/P episode.
    the battles were great, Paul fighting vs Ash again, and Ash beat him.
    And the best thing, Ash's Staravia evolving.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

The highlight of this episode was definitely Staravia evolving to Staraptor. Its one of the best evolutions in the show (in japanese)

Although I don't mind episode and movie sequels, I really don't like ones that are more of a remake of the original. This episode follows "That's Just Swellow" WAY too closely. At least if they could have avoided the bird pokemon evolution, that would have been a plus. Maybe if James could have won this time around it would have been nice, but at least they didn't have the heartbreaking loss of the previous episode (at least they made up for it by having James win the orienteering competition in season nine).

Overall, though, this episode suffers from being too much like its original episode. They should have done things a bit different, then I would have liked it better. At least Staraptor learned close combat, though.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 12/10
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y and OR
    To reclaim:

This episode was great, it just like Wobbanut said, followed the previous Pokeringer episode a bit too close, but I really liked it! It was action packed, had nice pacing, and cool pokes participating. The evolution was just icing on the cake and it didn't even feel forced as we had seen Staravia for a long time.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

I loved this episode, but I had thoughts of Paul's Honchkrow winning against Ash's Staraptor, but all in all, the end result of Ash's Staraptor winning was just fine with me. What a strong flying type! (:

Also, I was very happy to see that Staravia evolved. xD

Have we seen this evovltion Before ?In the first PokeRinger Competition,Tailow evovled into Swellow,and Staravia did the same in this episode.This episode is like the earlyer PokeRinger Episode.

8/10

there's no Battle Frontier?!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    This episode was great, it just like Wobbanut said, followed the previous Pokeringer episode a bit too close, but I really liked it! It was action packed, had nice pacing, and cool pokes participating. The evolution was just icing on the cake and it didn't even feel forced as we had seen Staravia for a long time.
    Well the Pokeringer in Hoenn was better than this pokeringer, because May participated there. and the battles were better.

Staravia was poor there, after it evolved Honchkrow was stil stronger, Staraptor's new move left it as a winner.

This episode is different from the Hoenn one. Ash's rival appeared in the Sinnoh one, the main girl only appeared in the Hoenn one and Ash's Staraptor learned a new move, whereas Swellow did not. I like this episode better than the Hoenn one.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    This episode is different from the Hoenn one. Ash's rival appeared in the Sinnoh one, the main girl only appeared in the Hoenn one and Ash's Staraptor learned a new move, whereas Swellow did not. I like this episode better than the Hoenn one.
    Well too bad that in this episode Ash beat only two rivals (Paul and the trainer with the Skarmory) like in Hoenn (James and Volbeat). about the move this one was better, but with James in Hoenn it was better, James was hardly did something this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-kid View Post
    Well too bad that in this episode Ash beat only two rivals (Paul and the trainer with the Skarmory) like in Hoenn (James and Volbeat). about the move this one was better, but with James in Hoenn it was better, James was hardly did something this time.
    Although Paul's Honchkrow didn't neccisarilly faint during the match with Ash's Staraptor.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Well...at least Ash finally beat Paul at something. OK episode.

There aren't many episodes of the Pokemon anime that really need to be re-watched.

I've re-watched this one several times, probably about a dozen. Maybe it's because I skipped out on most of Advance, but this is one of my favorite episodes of Pokemon. The background music is perfect, Ash's victory over a rival and one of my favorite Pokemon appearing (Staraptor) with one of my favorite moves (Close Combat).

S.Suikun's tribute to Mukubird was beautiful and is bringing tears to my eyes. Right Click-Save As those pics.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    ^ I just hope that Staravia is big enough for Ash to ride on.
    You mean Staraptor, right?

If you mean Staravia, then no way is he big enough to support Ash without almost getting himself killed.

It doesn't look like he's big enough...yet.

He's definitely big enough that he'd be able to support him, but only for so long. Then he'd get tired from lifting that much weight. (not that I'm saying that Ash needs to lose weight.)

Considering this episode wasn't a gym match, it was actually a pretty decent episode.
    Especially since it had Dragonite in it, My favorite dragon Pokemon!
    Poor thing got beat too quickly!
    And Staraptors hair! That should be a new hair style!

I haven't seen the other Pokeringer competition episode that some of you mentioned, so I have no idea what anyone's talking about then. (That's when I was off Pokemon for a while)
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This episode was a ripper.... what an intense air battle between Ash and Paul...Staraptor and Honchkrow were totally even but nice shot at the end by Staraptor

This episode was good. It was cool to finally see Staravia evolve into Staraptor. At the best time too, against a really strong Pokemon that was made the Pokeringer Finals uneven. Honchkrow vs Staraptor was a much more even match for the Finals. It was cool to see Close Combat attack for the 1st time, it looks really cool for a move unusual for Flying Pokemon. This Pokemon Ringer competition was a lot better than the 1st one.

79/100

Man, this episode spelled testosterone all over it. I love this episode. Everything about it was action packed. Not a boring second. I never thought a bird Pokemon contest would be so trilling. Paul is one of the best. He really does make you wanna watch when you're too tired~yawns~ to.

Alder: You wanna know what's better than battling?
    Ash: What?
    Alder: Eating hotdogs and battling!
    Trip: My God, It's like looking into the future.

I've never really been a big fan of PokeRinger, but I was pleased that the Sinnoh Now news crew appeared here and that James got his chance to compete using Jessie's Yanmega. Seeing Paul was neat as well, especially since his Honchkrow beat that Dragonite. I thank God that Ash's Staraptor proved to be superior to Honchkrow though.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910