Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

Default Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

PokéRinger! Big Decisive Sky Battle!!

On their way to Snowpoint City, Ash & Co. find out a PokéRinger contest is going on. Eager to repeat his success from the Hoenn contest, Ash decides to enter. However, he finds his rival Paul has also decided to enter the contest with his Honchkrow. Entering with his Staravia, Ash faces a tough battle ahead. Will he win?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

I'm looking forward to this episode, i want to see the look on Paul's face when his Honchcrow loses.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

For those people who want to check Ash's Staraptor's size here are the pics,

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Snover View Post
    I'm looking forward to this episode, i want to see the look on Paul's face when his Honchcrow loses.
    I found only one pic which would meet your expectations,
    Last edited by Lucario At Service; 12th March 2009 at 12:37 PM.

I thought this episode was superior to the previous Pokeringer, when it was Swellow, basically one hit and Ash won. At least in this one Staraptor got to battle a bit before winning.

I absolutely love it, the battle between Ash and Paul is by far the best match between them, even if it wasn't a technical match.

Shame James lost so early, but I blame Yanmega for that, and the fact Skiploom basically owns the wind, and wouldn't get as affected. James took the loss better than last time, although he went crazy. I think James talent as a Pokeringer are highly exaggerated. I think he can beat some weak trainers but I think that's about it.

Since Ash did beat Paul, I think its obvious Ash is prodigy, even if he could care less about the weather and stuff. Shame only James, Paul, and Ash entered.

And Staraptor that thing is huge, and close-combating Honchkrow to the the face was awesome. Not to mention the way the wind blew it's crest like it was emo, was just awesome.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Gosh I waited forever for this episode to air. I watched it live on the program mentioned below and the picture quality was actually higher than it is on youtube but the sound quality sucked so I couldn't hear too much Japanese to decipher.

So Shinji didn't care about the lost. That's great.

MOAR screenshots where did you get those so early can you really screencap from keyhole tv

lolrunonsentence

I hope we don't lose MukuBird's personality in MukuHawk.
    Just in case we did, I dedicated my avatar, status and part of my signature to the adorable birdie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post

Thanks for this, i actually thought he'd release it for losing to Staraptor, but he must think it's still worth keeping.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Wow... I wasn't expecting Ash to beat Paul actually...

when you look it ash is actually taller then staraptor but because of the hair that comes over staraptor's head, staraptor's taller.
    3DS Friend code:1246-9040-8906
    Friend Safari: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump, and Spiritomb

Ash's staraptor looks fierce but i wish it had a physical feature that makes it stand out. i was not expecting him to win but I'm sure glad he did. Watch out Paul.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Wow! Staraptor is huge!!! I am soooooooo glad that it turned out to be this big.

And learned close-combat as well!!! I am dancing....literally!

Staraptor looks epic! cheers for the piks.

Nyone catch why Paul entered?

Is it really bigger than Honchkrow as it seems from the pics above?

So, it's true. The Muku.BIRD is officially dead.

I weep for the incarnation of our new emo lord.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Man this is a great episode. his is first time Ash officially beat Paul too. I want to look at Paul's face immediately after the loss. Anyway what as the prize for winning. Last time, Ash was made a citizen of the town the competition was held in. I guess its the same this time too, but I hope not.

I want to see a picture of Honchkrow getting pwned in the face, and of Staraptor's emo thing.
    If Staraptor breaks the anime laws of being a big flying type owned by Ash, I'll kill them before the anime cops come and fire it.
    I was so bored of Staravia never doing anything. I just called it 'The Bird', but now I can call it 'Staravia' until this episode's dub airs.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazak View Post
    Man this is a great episode. his is first time Ash officially beat Paul too. I want to look at Paul's face immediately after the loss. Anyway what as the prize for winning. Last time, Ash was made a citizen of the town the competition was held in. I guess its the same this time too, but I hope not.
    Ash won a trophy, a plaque and some food (Dawn's Mamoswine hilariously ate all of it in one Tasmanian devil gulp)
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I'm looking forward to seeing this battle later on when the episode is more widely available, but I'm still wondering if it was ever explained why Paul entered the contest in the first place and/or if he's came and left Snowpoint City already.

Travels of the Trifecta! - Chronicles of an estranged family!

LJ | dA | Bulbagarden | ff.net

Diamond: 2749 - 7749 - 1840
    SoulSilver: 2364 - 7834 - 3761

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this battle later on when the episode is more widely available, but I'm still wondering if it was ever explained why Paul entered the contest in the first place and/or if he's came and left Snowpoint City already.
    I don't speak Japanese so someone will have to clarify (or confirm). But considering Dawn's response to what Brock said "Donkarasu" or "Honchkrow" makes me think that the Paul was there because he was trying to power up his Honchkrow against all the other flying types. Paul was mostly quiet though, it almost seemed like Paul didn't even know Ash was competing, since Paul never seemed to acknowledge Ash's presence ( Paul mostly ignored him).

So I'm going with, "To power up his Honchkrow" for 300 points.

The guy that James battles...

...is Samurai: !!!

Also, Yuuka's in this!

hehehe, depressed Honchkrow. Can't wait to see this episode later, I desperately wanna see that Close Combat to the face.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The guy that James battles...

...is Samurai: !!!

Also, Yuuka's in this!
    That prooves it, Pokemon is getting repetitive.

Bring back a Kanto COTD, let the Misty fans consume that up. Unfortunately, she still won't come back, even if the next re-used character is Delia.

I think after Staraptor evolves it's going to pwn.

true original diva

Mukuhawk! Holy bat dung its huge. I cant wait for this to be uploaded.
    BLAH

i really love Staraptor. i want this episode to go online soon... there are still many unanswered questions.
    so James entered?
    was there any Gliscor funny moments?
    what did Dawn think of the PokeRinger?
    what balloons did each of them use?
    what was DP 119's preview like?
    did Paul mention anything else important regarding the league or gyms?

that's all i've got for the moment. I'm sure someone will come on here and do a deep summary of the episode, so I'll wait for that as well.
    Long Live Gliscor

Alright so we know that James entered. So who beat him? Was it the guy in the above pic, or Ash or Paul?

I believe someone mentioned that James lost to a Skiploom, lol.
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast