Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

t is great that Ash beat Paul and that Staravia evolved. Staravia will be sorrily missed....... I would hate it if Paul releases Honchkrow.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

How pathetic. It's a shame Honchcrow lost to Staraptor.

Holy ****, that kick to the face was BRUTAL. :O

I daresay that Staraptor (it pains me to call it that) will turn out just as kickass as Swellow, maybe even moreso.

And I can't wait to hear Staraptor's dub voice.

well we didn't get to see a gliscor moment but that moment where piplup tried to fly and fell to the ground was hilarious. Overall i found this episode to be worth the watch, mainly because the epic battle at the end. I would like to find out what paul said as he was walking off though.
    FC: 2063 2402 6180

So wait, why did James lose for? I mean he could at least have been beaten by Paul not a freakin COTD.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    The tributes in this thread are just...*sniff*...BEAUTIFUL. I haven't even seen the episode yet. I woke up hung-over at a friend's house and just got back to my own. But nonetheless, I have found time to whip up the following, but it's lengthy and will eat up your memory.
    BE WARNED:
        Spoiler:- :

I'll have an actual review later, but I felt like getting this out of the way first so that the content of said review will actually be paid attention to.
    The picture with sudowoodo, buizel and staravia, which episode is that from because i think i missed it.
    A strong offence makes for a great defence.

!!!I don't say anything I can't back up, so tread cautiously if you dare challenge my views!!!

Oh good, Yuuka's not dead. Alas, we must waste awesome character designs on competitors that are less significant than a standard Filler COTD. Really, I liked that spike dude with the Dragonite (who admittedly benefitted from the Iwane Effect). In regards to James, if they ever do a 3rd PokeRingers, it should be designed solely to enable James to win. He got sabotaged in the last one, and this one...well, he just had awful luck.

Before I turn on the Muku.WATERWORKS, I like how the writers were able to have Ash finally beat Paul at something, but not have it be an actual battle, which will no doubt be saved for the league. But now Ash finally knows he truly can crush him. Muku vs. Honchkrow was still a great match, and I enjoyed the "BIRD's eye view" shot. And yet, I knew that every "MUKUWAAAAH!" I heard was just one more "MUKUWAAAAH!" closer to the end of a beautiful thing.

I give the BGM crew a lot of credit for playing Movie 2 music over Muku.BIRD's final moments, which is an admittedly badass piece to play over such a monumentous scene. I do like how Mukuhawk's hair randomly sways in the wind, and its full-on smack to Honchkrow was pretty cool. But while I can still feel some of the charm in Mukuhawk's voice, its name is no longer ripe for wordplay, for while "bird" is hysterically generic, "hawk" is unfortunately specific.

I'm going to look upon this thread in a few years and suddenly start tearing up real bad. Alas, since this may be the final time I get to type this while not in some sort of nostalgia-drenched retrospective...
    Muku.BIRD
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Well it's nice to have a 2-for-1 package in this episode. That just made my day.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    The guy that James battles...

...is Samurai: !!!

Wow, Muku.HAWK looks so awesome! Its even big enough to carry Ash around whereas Swellow and Noctowl weren't.

So what did James use? Mega-Yanma?
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Wow! This PokeRinger was much better than Hoenn's. Though I do wish James went further.

I'll never forget you Muku.AWESOME. I hope Mukuhawk has even half of the fanbase that you had.

I did quite enjoy watching Staraptor kick Honchkrow in the face while using Close Combat. I'm sure that will be set as many people's avators once someone submits it to Mr. Serebii (I forget who usually does that).

I now love that with this episode Swellow became yesterday's news. RIP Swellow!

LOVED the tribute S.Suikun!!!

Oh and...

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    from looking at the pics Dragonites trainer looked like the best OC of the day, too bad Dragonite got ko'ed by Honchkrow, how the mighty have fallen it seems..and what the heck was the first attack dragonite used, it looked like energy ball but it couldn't have been it.

I heard the trainer call out "Hadou," so I'm sure it was Dragon Pulse.

As for James, it seems to me he waited for Megayanma's Speed Boost to kick in, only a down draft hit it. Either that, or he was waiting for the wind to blow upward.
    Last edited by jolteonjak; 12th March 2009 at 11:45 PM.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I agree...that Dragonite trainer looked awesome. Reminded me of some Fist of the North Star villain or something. DP, imo, really has some awesome character designs for background characters. The guy with the Skarmory kind of reminded me of Oscar...oh Oscar, I haven't seen you in awhile.

Also...Yuuka and the Sinnoh Now Crew! **** yeah! That made the episode for me.

Kind of wish we got a flashback of the last Pokeringer episode, like a mention of Swellow or James wanting revenge on Ash. I hear Brock and Ash remember it, but I don't know if to that extent.

That skiploom will pay for beating James with it life

I hope that maybe James' Mime Jr. will evolve next.

Farewell, my friend. Keep on truckin'

Loved the episode, loving Staraptor, and loving Close Combat. I guess bird's feet do hurt, no matter how skinny they seem to be. Oh, and the Sinnoh Now crew is hilarious as always. Jack is always one step closer to the mailroom, where unspeakable horrors take place.

How did it get so late so soon? Its night before its afternoon. December is here before its June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?, -Dr. Seuss

Awesome episode! James's Yanmega losed to a Skiploom because of the wind is so funny!
    And of course,Staravia evolved! Staraptor looks a lot stronger yet faster, and it learned Close Combant!(weird move,birds use its feet to kick other birds?) Also Staraptor is the second Pokemon owned by Ash that evolved in the PokeRinger contest so far,awesome!
    I claim Quilava!<3

Pearl Fc: 0517 0306 0808
    Platinum Fc: 0989 8066 6024

Please Click:

I kind of regret that they used pretty much the same method to evolve this bird as the last one. Granted there's a few differences, but its really not that inventive.

I also wish Staraptor learned something other than C/C; it just seems like its in danger of being a clone of Jun's one. Better than than a clone of Swellow I guess though.

I'm running an ASB Member of the Month thread!
    Stay tuned to the TO and make the ASB a better place!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush View Post
    I also wish Staraptor learned something other than C/C; it just seems like its in danger of being a clone of Jun's one. Better than than a clone of Swellow I guess though.
    The main difference between Jun and Ash's Staraptor (except the obvious brave bird) is that Ash's Staraptor effectively used Close Combat to look awesome. Jun on the other hand, it looked more like it was trying to peck you to death. Ash's Staraptor actually used it as fighting type move, Jun's made it look like a flying type.

And I know I'm wrong, but it looked to me like Dragonite used Aura Sphere. I know it can't learn it but if this was dragon pulse, Wallace's Milotic pulled it off way better even if he used in the appealing way.

I have to ask, why did they turn dragon pulse into a aura sphere clone (if it was dragon pulse)? I mean Water Pulse and Aura Sphere I understand but how do you get a glowing ball when obviously the game sprite makes it look like a flamethrower attack. I mean they did it with dark pulse even though technically that one could've been turned into a ball attack.

And I contradict myself considering I'm the one that says attacks could be used differently by different species. Let's just hope this was a anime error and Dragonite did use aura sphere, because an aura sphere clone is not what I want dragon pulse to look like. While yes an anime dark pulse clone probably isn't much better but if they completely changed the texture to make it look similar to smoke and twister, I think it would be acceptable.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Look at Staraptor flinging it's crest about. Its own line of fashion products is in the works.

I knew Staraptor will learn close combat upon evolving. I hope monferno learn mach punch upon evolving aswell.

So:

. Ash beats Paul using an evolved Staraptor.

. Apparently this contest was televised throughout Sinnoh most likely.

. So not only did Ash beat Paul, he beat him and it was televised.

Sweet!
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I loved Mukubird also, he'll be missed. Also, I did love the action in this episode.

Woohoo, he finally evolved! I loved both of his other forms (Starly was cute and Staravia was quirky brain damage goodness!), but the poor thing was getting the shaft anyway - his evolving will lend him a bit more of the spotlight and a much needed power-up, hopefully.

My first reaction to Staraptor was how big he was... Perhaps Ash will get to ride him at some point, a la Pidgeot? I mean, he stands at about Ash's height (Filb.de, screenshot). Or one of Ash's smaller Pokes in a double battle, at least; Pikachu is an obvious candidate since it tends to hitch a ride on the back of anything with wings, but maybe Buizel or Monferno if the writers want to do something different with it.

The battle between Honchkrow and the newly-evolved Staraptor was great; the original PokeRinger competition didn't really have any battles like that, did it?... IIRC with Swellow it was one of those "evolution = deus ex machina victory" situations, but thankfully here we got to see Honchkrow still holding his own for a while despite the evo. It was good to see that Ash's Staraptor's Close Combat is lots of kicking and hitting the opponent with his wings to set it apart from Jun's a bit; nice how he used the same wing-punch when knocking the ring onto the target. Did Staraptor also master Brave Bird?

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    I also wish Staraptor learned something other than C/C; it just seems like its in danger of being a clone of Jun's one.
    I certainly wouldn't object to him learning a move that would set him apart from the other Staraptor and the others of Ash's flying-types... One of his Platinum tutor moves would be nice, especially one that widens his movepool a la Gliscor and Fire Fang; a few possibilities would be Heat Wave, Ominous Wind and Twister, but who knows. Swellow was a pretty good battler despite having a small movepool to work with.
    ☂ currently: Restarting Sapphire; waiting for Platinum.

To your delight:

MUKU. Roundhouse Kick! In your face, little crow! And I loved how Paul became angry when staraptor appears! Epic episode!
    Quote Originally Posted by deathseer View Post
    Basically any interesting idea you have when speculating about new regions invariably ends with:
    - Ash showing up in a new region with Pikachu without a clue how to do anything besides battling and breathing;
    - He accidentally runs into the new new girl who will be the main companion;
    - He meets a creepy older gentleman* who will follow him around and do the things Ash apparently is either not smart enough to do, or expects that someone will it for him.

*Averted. Now, we have a gadget maniac and his hyper-active lil' sis.
    Platinum FC - 1075 8811 5380

Just watched this episode.
    I must say, this was quite a great episodes. One of the greatest episodes of DP I've seen. i knew it was gonna be good when i saw Staravia was evolving, but man oh man, they outdid themselves here.
    -Firstly, the animation was actually really really great. who was the AD here? they deserve to give themselves a pat on the back.
    -having Paul return was awesome. Sparks up more rivalry between the two of them and their Pokemon.
    -The music in this was SO GOOD! i haven't heard some of the songs that they played in a LONG time. it was just unique compared to the other music they normally play. really cool.
    -Staravia's evolution. it was so dramatic. it just had a cool feel to it. He was down, about to get KOed by Honchy, and Ash called out "MUKU!".... then, as Muku manages to jump up at the last second before getting hit by Honchy, everything grows quiet as he begins to glow... it was a lot cooler evolution than Grotle's, thats for sure. In fact, one of the coolest evolutions in the DP series, i'd say.
    -Ash BEATS Paul. finally. Paul didn't seem phased at all though.

overall, I'd give this a 10/10. really good episode. i recommend people to watch this ones. PokeRingers don't ever seem to disappoint, do they?
    Long Live Gliscor

So Ash can fly on a pokemon now? No no no no no that ain't rig....nvm I forgot this was the diamond and pearl arc...

Because he didn't actually beat him. Just by a technicality.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast