Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

^ I just hope that Staravia is big enough for Ash to ride on.

Staraptor will of course go through the inevitable size fluctuation problem in the anime. If the two raptors indeed meet in some future episode, I do not think there will be much difference in their sizes. Remember how big Charizard was initially? When the dragon battled Richie's pikachu, the rat looked tiny in front of the dragon. But in time Charizard shrank and now its hardly bigger than gliscor. Guess they are trying to come in unison with the dex. entry regarding sizes of the pokemon.

I have to admit that I am glad that the twerp beat Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Staraptor will of course go through the inevitable size fluctuation problem in the anime. If the two raptors indeed meet in some future episode, I do not think there will be much difference in their sizes. Remember how big Charizard was initially? When the dragon battled Richie's pikachu, the rat looked tiny in front of the dragon. But in time Charizard shrank and now its hardly bigger than gliscor. Guess they are trying to come in unison with the dex. entry regarding sizes of the pokemon.
    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag189/029.jpg

Yeah Ash's Charizard is tiny....I doubt Staraptor's size will change much considering they made it quite obvious how big it is, if the other animators didn't see how big Staraptor is, then I feel sorry for them.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    http://www.filb.de/content/anime/ag189/029.jpg

Yeah Ash's Charizard is tiny....
    Were you being sarcastic by any chance? Whatever you were trying to show us, failed 'cos the link does not work.

Could anyone please tell what Paul told Honchkrow after the contest?

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Were you being sarcastic by any chance? Whatever you were trying to show us, failed 'cos the link does not work.

Could anyone please tell what Paul told Honchkrow after the contest?
    Did Serebii and Filb get in a fight because this is like the third or fourth time something from Filb that doesn't work. And yet there's no mention of how its not supposed to be on serebii forums (as far as I know)

But regardless, the link works for me, what's going on?
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It's because you're direct linking.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    It's because you're direct linking.
    Ah yes the infamous hotlinking thing, I wish that wasn't so accessible, makes life difficult since most of time, it looks like you view an image by itself, but its a no-no.

There *******, that's what I meant by Ash's Charizard. Please tell me you see it.

Man, I loved that final battle/round. The music during and after Staraptors evolution was fantastic. I love the original Hoenn theme, it really made the final round dramatic. Btw, can anyone tell me where I can get that instrumental piece? I can only find the one with the lyrics.

What was the attack Honchkrow used multiple times? Was it Night Slash or Steel Wing?

Quote Originally Posted by Prominence View Post
    What was the attack Honchkrow used multiple times? Was it Night Slash or Steel Wing?
    It's supposed to be night slash but it didn't have the same effect as it did with Turtwig (electrical properties). Night Slash definitely deserves better animation, a white colored wing attack should not be night slash (makes me wonder if the animators do it, so they don't have to animate much).

The move is actually known as 'Blade Test' or some similar variant in Japan, so while another white glowing attack is a little cheap, with a name like that, it was to be expected.

Also, let it be said that Suikun's Muku tribute was possibly the best Muku tribute in the history of Muku tributes. If there were any justice in the world, March 13th would henceforth be known as 'Muku.DAY', during which time reciting the tribute in unison would be mandatory. Penalty to cooperate would result in a time out at the stockades, during which the public will inflict brain damage upon the rebel via the pelting of plastic spheres.

Quote Originally Posted by Squaaah View Post
    Man, I loved that final battle/round. The music during and after Staraptors evolution was fantastic. I love the original Hoenn theme, it really made the final round dramatic. Btw, can anyone tell me where I can get that instrumental piece? I can only find the one with the lyrics.
    There's actually two version of it: one that was on the Advanced Adventure CD irc...

...this one that played in the episode was from Jirachi's soundtrack. It's alot more triumphant imo, and also has that nice slow part at the end.

The move is actually known as 'Blade Test' or some similar variant in Japan, so while another white glowing attack is a little cheap, with a name like that, it was to be expected.
    And if you're wondering why, from BMG: "The Japanese name つじぎり (Blade Testing) is probably a reference to the way in which some particularly unscrupulous samurai would test new swords in feudal Japan. This was by hiding in wait by a road (typically a crossroads) and waiting for an unsuspecting commoner (i.e. lower class, and so with far fewer rights than the samurai class) to pass by. He would then strike to kill, and in this way learn how well his new sword could cut."

So like alot of dark moves, it's referring to something underhanded rather than "dark energy".

Already watched the episode and it was a good one I'm just glad that Ash finally beat Paul in something.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

I couldn't find a reliable picture of Jun's Staraptor, but if you look at the episode pictures Reggie's Staraptor is noticeably smaller than Ash's. I hope they keep it that way if he shows up again.

I am glad Ash beat Paul, but I am disappointed that they had James lose again. C'mon writers, have a heart! You're letting Jessie win at things now, let James have his moment too!
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

I'm loving the justified humor some members have been doing for Mukubird. It makes this moment everlasting, you know?

As for the episode, I haven't seen it yet, but I've been wanting to see it, for the evolution and the recycling frenzy the episode had. I want to see if I can pinpoint other characters besides Samurai XD.

So I was wrong about Paul beating Ash as well. Eh, can't say I'm surprised. Ash would have defeated him sooner or later anyway, so it's better, for the time being, that he does it in a variation of the standard Pokemon battle.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 13th March 2009 at 9:31 PM.

I looked at the pictures of the whole episode on Serebii.net It looks good and it ended up just like Tailow.
    It ended up evolving which is great now Ash has a Staraptor!
    Well in J.P that is not in U.S.A.
    When this finally airs in the U.S.A I would love to hear Staraptor's dub voice.
    Episodes where Pokemon evolve are usually the best for me that is.
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by palamon View Post
    When this finally airs in the U.S.A I would love to hear Staraptor's dub voice.
    you can, in
    Following a Maiden's Voyage
    Lost Leader Stradegy!
    Crossing the Battle Line!
    and
    Pokemon Ranger and the Kidnapped Riolu part 2

Maybe it's the fact that I never cared about such things in my 11 years of watching this show, but I am quite astonished at the high percentage of users in this thread who are so incredibly stoked about nothing else besides hearing Staraptor's dubbed voice, which I can't imagine would be too much different from the other 4 Staraptor this series has already seen. And let's face it - "STARRRRRAVIAAA!!" is certainly no "MUKUKUWAAAKUWAHHH!"

Also, I hereby approve of March 12, 2010 being the first forumwide holiday, being Mukubird's day of remembrance. Mark your calendars, because I know you all have already bought your 2010 calendars.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Just reuse his character design.

It's no big deal, they've done it countless times. I dunno if the animators are just lazy, or if they put it in for long-time fans to notice.

Also, Samurai minus armor is a pretty generic character design anyway.
    When I first saw him, I thought he looked exactly like the kid from the Whirl Islands Arc in Johto. You know with the baby Lugia? That kid, the one with the head.

It's a shame Paul never got to say anything about Mamoswine. Oh well, there's always next episode.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

This has been the episode that I’ve been waiting forever. The episode did everything I wanted, it showcased the things Staravia has been shown capable of. Staravia over the series has shown endurance and tons of speed and I love how they didn’t forget those aspects. Staravia was able to take many hits and to dodge attacks like a maniac. Gotta love that bird!

You really have to give props to Honchkrow. That thing took down a freaking Dragonite with no major problems. The way that bird looks at his opponents is rather creepy and intimidating, like a dark pokemon and channeling his trainer. Plus it’s the only pokemon that makes others evolves so everytime that bird is fighting with one of Ash’s pokemon I’m going to be happy.

The rivalry between Honchkrow and Staravia was flawless. I love how both of them showed how strong they are and everytime they looked at each other they had this angry faces that Iwane draw so well. Brave Bird vs. Sky Attack is all I was asking for (besides evolution). I think it was so epic how they showed Staravia being weakened by it at the beginning and then at the end in the second clash it came victorious.

The made the evolution so epic with Honchkrow looking at Staravia like it was going to kill him and Staravia wanting to get up but being unable to do so. Then the glow starts… I thought it was hilarious the growing part of the tail. I don’t know why but it made me giggle. And when Staraptor growled at Honchkrow I was sold on this episode.

NO ONE CAN DENY THE WIN OF THAT SCENE WITH THE HAWK DODGING HONCHKROW’S ATTACKS WITH THE HAIR MOVING FROM SIDE TO SIDE! NO ONE!

Close Combat… seriously. Can this not be so perfect now? Can they not make this bird more epic? Close Combar, Brave Bird and Aerial Ace all in one pokemon? Talk about a perfect moveset! And then Staraptor is ****** once the ring is out of his mouth… again! I love it because that bird GROWLS!

Wow! Paul finally get's beat... at something.

I'd also like to mention that James' disguised voice was actually pretty good (and cute sounding) so I'll excuse the group for being fooled this time. The dragonite looked pretty good (and even landed a hit on Honchcrow).

Is it just me, or is Ash doing the majority of the antagonizing in this Paul/Ash relationship? It would appear to me that Paul simply could care less about Ash, and this frustrates him.

Congrats Staraptor!!! DD
    That Close Combat kick in the face was freaken epic!
    Last edited by AdvanceX; 14th March 2009 at 2:55 PM.

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast