Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Pursuing A Lofty Goal (586)

Quote Originally Posted by ~Gregguru~ View Post
    I lol'd at the obvious Ikue Ohtani "chopper" voiced boy that james faced in the beginning.
    I *KNEW* I heard Chopper!! xD

AdvanceX.deviantart.com

^
    So true~ ;D

Seems like there aren't much too add.... amazing, zugoiii, intense, awesome, no symphonic medley instead advance adventure yay, iwane...

However, I haven't seen anyone mentioning this reference to the last pokeringer;

Hoenn's defending champion's name: Volt
    Sinnoh's defending champion's name: Polt

Neat. Maybe they're relatives? XD

I apologize for my lack of a bulletpoint summary for last week's episode. I know this has sent many of you into clinical depression, but the dedicated staff at Make A Point Industries have been working around the clock to bring a shiny new summareview to make up for it. In memorium of a Bird we all loved very much.

-Wind in the mountains. Unprecidented!
    -A demon bug and a generic gull are competing for a ring. Who will win?! Find out...after the intro!
    -I am never ever going to get tired of High Touch, am I?
    -I support and endorse having more of this jazzy music in the show.
    -Dawn needs to get a lowdown on what this Pokeringer thing is. Come on, this is an entire world dedicated to stupid competitions focused on Pokemon, it can't be that hard to figure out(Pokemon+rings? Hmm....)
    -It's sad that James has to be afraid of being found out while legitimately participating in a legitmate activity because AshnCo would probably blast him off without a second thought.
    -James' voice seems...different. And not in the usual diguise-y way.
    -More music I haven't heard before! How...sweeping. It makes me want to go out and get some rings. At least 50, and maybe 7 shiny gems...
    -It's Boom Mike and Concussion Lass!
    -I spy with my little eye...a reused character design as a competitor!
    -You know...I kinda forgot what the hell the Pokeringer competition is about other than getting a ring and something something.
    -Oh, they have to get the ring onto a hook without having the other bird kill them. Gotcha.
    -Apparently the four-time champ is an exaggerated punk from the 80s? Okay then!
    -It's everyone's favorite asshole! HEY PAULIE!
    -And it's my favorite mafia/wizard crow!
    -Dragonite? Now that's just silly. What's a punk doing with Barney the Dinosaur in dragon form anyway?
    -Now it's Jam...I mean, Mister Kojik-sama's turn!
    -Skiploom? Ahahahahhahahahahaha would anyone seriously expect to win ANYTHING with that
    -Apparently it's Megayanma that you can't expect to win anything with.
    -And now a montage so the animators can show off every bird from the series ever.
    -Mukubird vs Mafiacrow. GO!
    -Have I mentioned how little there is to comment on in eps where there's just fighting?
    -Did you know that the collision of two birds creates a giant dustcloud?
    -Mukubird is quite persistant!
    -I adore the look of surprise from Honchkrow when Mukubird swipes the ring from it.
    -MukuDOWN!
    -The music cue changed to something MUCH more dramatic. Does that mean what I think it means?
    -Dramatic music...dramatic camera angles...IS THIS IT?
    -And dramatic screaming of MUKUBIRD from Ash!
    -The bird flies out of the way of the crow just in time!
    -KUUUUUUU+glow= :(
    -Ah, what the hell. The Bird had a good run.
    -The evolution music is amusingly anticlimactic.
    -Muku.HAIRDO digivolved to...Muku.Emoswoosh!
    -You know, Muku.HAWK isn't that much more creative than Muku.BIRD...
    -Muku.HAWK is quite adept at kicking the hell out of Honchkrow's face!
    -...is that goddamn ADVANCE ADVENTURE?
    -Insert obligatory comeback-from-the-brink-of-loss here.
    -I'm not getting out of this thread without changing my avatar to mukusomething, aren't I? Digging this ANGRY GYARADOS OF DEATH avatar back up later will be such a pain.
    -Another day, another pointless plaque for Ash. Why did he compete in this again? Doesn't he have a gym to be traveling towards? Shouldn't they be in a snowy area anyway? Why has my hair spontaneously styled itself into a Muku.CURL? Why are all those identical men in the white coats looking at me funny? WHY DOES ANYTHING EXIST AT ALL?!
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Quote Originally Posted by Juputoru View Post
    *stuff too lengthy for average SPPf user's mind to digest*
    Dude, freakin' Bulbasaur got beaten by a Skiploom, if you recall. These things are deadly in the anime, like merciless killing machines with a giant daffodil growing out of their brain.

Let the break next week serve as an extended period of mourning, as I will be folding paper cranes shaped like the BIRD while not playing Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Sucker Edition Platinum.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Dude, freakin' Bulbasaur got beaten by a Skiploom, if you recall. These things are deadly in the anime, like merciless killing machines with a giant daffodil growing out of their brain.

Let the break next week serve as an extended period of mourning, as I will be folding paper cranes shaped like the BIRD while not playing Pokemon Diamond & Pearl: Sucker Edition Platinum.
    Well that's all Bulbasaur's fault for not evolving when it should have, now isn't it? That makes me wonder how many kingdoms would fall if a Jumpluff got into a fight, though.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get this Muku.CURL out of my hair and mounted on my wall. 3/12 never forget.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Okay, so I just finish looking @ the pics for this episode. This looks great! I definitely have to watch it when it reaches the CN. It was about damn time Ash beat Paul for once. And in the process Staravia evolve into Staraptor. Nice, very nice.

Another neat thing is that we get to see Abra's eyes. Did anyone ever see that coming?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy View Post
    Well, it had to end eventually.

For almost 2 and a half years, a handful of the animé forums' best (which may or may not be a compliment) have helped me nurture what was once nothing more than a one off jab about a certain pokémon's extremely uncreative name, and let it blossom into the cheesy in-joke we all know and love which has, by all rights, been done to death by this point.
    Gravy, that speech got me right here! (I'm pointing at my heart.) Staravia was really the only Pokemon on Ash's current team that I wanted to evolve. But now -sniffle- we finally have Staraptor, but I can't enjoy it. I JUST WANT OUR LITTLE Muku.BIRD BACK!!!!!!! BWAAHAAAHAAA!
    YOU ROCK! Pah! Muku.BIRD. Muku.AWESOME!!!!

ZOMG, Close Combat doesn't glow at all. It's a miracle!

Um wow, not only did a bird Pokemon evolve in the Pokeringer episode but also won the same way, knocking the ring into the goal with its ring. Eh. Oh well, brings a grin to my face to finally see Paul defeated.

I just had a dream about this episode last night! 0__o I even watched it yesterday and it played exactly how it went! The Pokeringer introduction, the winds changing the flight pattern, even the Muku kick!

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuki Mirai
    ZOMG, Close Combat doesn't glow at all. It's a miracle!
    My thoughts exactly.

Thought this episode put Swellow to shame a bit. Two birds in a row have the same evolution just to win a contest. I didn't think it was that big of a deal but it was cool to see Mukuhawk kick Honchkrow in the face. I almost thought Piplup might be so desperate for screentime that it would get onto the balloon with Ash and jump off when the battle started.

Now, hopefullly, Mukuhawk be there to do more than just to look for Pokemon and pop tires (from that ranger episode).

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

I found the translation of Paul/Ash conversation:

Ash : Paul ! Don't you think your opponent has become stronger because their pokemon evolve??
    Paul : That's the only strong thing for u *walks away*
    Ash : Hey ! Wait ! Paul ! Paul

It is too funny that Paul still won't to admit that Ash has become stronger.

its funny that paul LOST

Perhaps the Bidoof should align themselves with the Skiploom if their dream of world domination is to be achieved.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Hahaha Ash says to Paul, when he steps into his balloon. ''Would it kill you to say hi?'' XD

|LJ| dA|

I haven't watched Taillow's evolution in years, but I recall that evolution occuring with a TR distraction, so Mukuhawk's was certainly the preferred method.
    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Perhaps the Bidoof should align themselves with the Skiploom if their dream of world domination is to be achieved.
    But there's no Skiploom Rays, now, are there? Nor do they worship the body of Crasher Wake with the head of a Jumpluff, do they? The Skiploom are a mere distraction for a far greater power at work here.

(See what the death of Muku.BIRD has now done? It's making me revive this Bippa garbage.)
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

That was a good Ep. Staraptor 's Cool points just went OVER NINE THOUSAND!!!....... For me at least.

I haven't watched Taillow's evolution in years, but I recall that evolution occuring with a TR distraction, so Mukuhawk's was certainly the preferred method.
    Taillow evolved in the middle of the battle with James and Dustox in the finals. Taillow was trapped in a sandstorm and evolved to break free. You can check the pics of the ep on the site.

It is surprised they gave so little screentime to James in this. He was the main competitor of the Hoenn one, and in this he's kind of casted aside quickly.

Poor James doesn't get to do anything anymore.

Wonder if we'll see Staraptor kick more of Paul's pokémon's butts later?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Im sure that they'll have a few more battles. But here's my prediction on the final battle. Ash will win by a hair as he sends out pikachu to fight a slightly tired and weakend Electivire. It would only make EPIC sence to have those two fight in the end, because at the beginning of Ash's Sinnoh journey, he lost to Gary's Electivire.

Ash will battle with Starraptor, Pikachu, Buizel, (Monferno), (Torterra) and Glicor. I say (Monferno, Torterra) because the 12th movie is predicting an evolution of his Chimchar, and Torterra because it would be the star of the Sunnyshore Gym.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinneth View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this battle later on when the episode is more widely available, but I'm still wondering if it was ever explained why Paul entered the contest in the first place and/or if he's came and left Snowpoint City already.
    I've got a 493/493 all legit what would you like?

well after watching the episode with subtitles i've gotta say it was quite funny and intresting to see some of the interactions from the characters.

"Close combat is effective on Dark pokemon" uh no it's not brock dude, it's neutral to Honchkrow, despite the fact it did get it's head kicked in hard.

and also it seems Ash did try too rub Staraptor evolving and becoming "strong" in Paul's face, only for Paul to counter by saying. "It took you that long to achieve it." intresting stuff indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    "Close combat is effective on Dark pokemon" uh no it's not brock dude, it's neutral to Honchkrow, despite the fact it did get it's head kicked in hard.
    Are you sure about that??

I always thought fighting type moves were super effective against the dark types.

Anyways, a great episode. I will definitely miss Mukubird, one of my favorite pokemon.

Looking forward to seeing Mukuhawk in the upcoming gym battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    You act as if the anime hasn't selecively ignored certain duel-typings before. Granted, it's less believeable in this instance since Honchkrow is pretty clearly a flying type as well as a dark type...

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun
    (See what the death of Muku.BIRD has now done? It's making me revive this Bippa garbage.)
    I propose a week long celebration where we dig up all the old forum in-jokes. Everyone misses Claypass, Bippa rays, and Leaf Blard, right?
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    well after watching the episode with subtitles i've gotta say it was quite funny and intresting to see some of the interactions from the characters.
    Where did you find with subtitles?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast