Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Sappy Ending! (121)

I'm Ash's first capture was Heracross, it reminds me of when he got Caterpie.

It's a shame he didn't catch a bug type for each region and keep the theme going.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

1st generation vs. 2nd generation in that episode lol.
    Team Palkia
    <--- Palkia's 3D twin

This is a real standing-around episode. It's mostly just Satoshi-tachi and Morio milling around and talking about Heracross and Kairos, without actually doing anything. Fortunately, when things do happen, they're quite entertaining. Togepi almost falling off the tree-bridge and plummeting to certain doom, all the while with a smile on her face, really makes me laugh - given all the times Togepi's come within a Digda's eyelash of a horrible death, you'd almost swear she's messing with Kasumi's head.

Speaking of Kasumi, you'd think her fear of bugs would play into this more heavily, wouldn't you? She mentions it at the beginning of the episode and then she's pretty cool with being surrounded by all these Heracross and Kairos for the remainder of it. Seeing her constantly freaking out would have been much funnier, I think.

As always, the Rocket-dan save an otherwise mediocre episode. Musashi confusing pancakes with okonomiyaki is good for a laugh, and the highlight of the episode is easily Kojirou sending out Utsubot and then hightailing it behind a bush in fear...then he comes back when he realizes that Utsubot is just licking the sap off the tree. And then Utsubot eats Kojirou anyway. Timing!

Heracross' cry is really cute. I just felt like throwing that out there at some point. "Her-crroh!"

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Not my favorite episode but at least Ash caught a Pokemon, even if that Pokemon didn't play much of a role in Johto. I did like the fact that Pinsir appeared sort of like a counterpart to Heracross. For the longest time people thought Heracross evolved from Pinsir but that obviously wasn't the case haha. A sappy ending indeed. 5/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 1:35 AM.

Heracross was very strong. it dropped a tree, wow..
    And it was funny when it tried to eat the honey.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Great episode, first Poke Ash catches in Johto, I love Heracross and was hella funny the antics between it and Bulbasaur, shame he sent it to Oak early in the saga, and there were some Butterfree there, memories... again Team Rocket sequence was full of win!!! omg did really Jessie thought of something like that? xD

10/10

This was a pretty boring episode. Nothing interested me too much but it's nice that Ash caught a Heracross.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

This was an ok episode. I didn't like the overall theme of it, but really loved seeing Heracross show behind Ash at the end to join him. The Pinser drove me nuts.

30/100

Good episode. Great to see Herracross be Ash's first Johto Pokemon as he is so cool. I don't like Pinsir that much

8/10

This was the first Jotho episode I've ever seen. It was good, seeing Ash getting his first Pokemon. It is great to see Heracross sucking Bulbasaurs bulb. Misty's bug fear was less worse than most episodes containing bug types. 9/10.

A good episode, it was funny when Misty was scared of the bug pokemon who were on the trees. It was nice seeing Ash catch his first Johto Pokemon Heracross, it's my favorite.
    Last edited by Blessed; 20th September 2012 at 5:33 PM.

It's Donphan!
    Yay, Ash's first Johto Pokémon caught. This was an alright episode, I knew Team Rocket would have been behind the sap stealing! Good thing it went back to the Pinsir, or people may have actually eaten Jessie's Pancakes!

xxx

Oh god...I nearly lost it when Heracross was sucking on Bulbasaur (never thought I'd ever type something like that...) That was easily my favourite part of the episode. I was really impressed when Heracross tossed the mechanical Pinsir - I didn't realize it was that strong! Because of those two things, I was glad that Heracross decided to go with Ash.

Good episode, Heracross is one of my favorites of Ash's Pokemon.
    8/10
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I just watched this episode. I liked that Heracross was following Ash just to be with him and not saying anything, also Team Rockets reason for wanting the tree sap was so stupidly funny!

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

Quote Originally Posted by Ash&Pikachu-Fan View Post
    I just watched this episode. I liked that Heracross was following Ash just to be with him and not saying anything, also Team Rockets reason for wanting the tree sap was so stupidly funny!
    And I really like how Team Rocket used their Pinsir robot.

This episode was in some way, shape or form not that interesting. I did like the capture of Heracross at the end of the episode and how they introduced them in this episode. Also, I love that running gag with Heracross and Bulbasaur.

And this is the episode where Heracross fell in love with Bulbasaur's bulb. Well, it's good Ash got a new Pokemon. One would think it would have been a Flying type first. But, this is the 2nd generation so....

What a great episode! I couldn't guess that it was Donphan in the break, I knew roughly it was him but I couldn't think of the name lol

It was a very entertaining episode, I can't wait to see what else happens this season!

Most important thing is that Satoshi got a Heracros which prove to be an important battler later. I love the interaction between the bug and Fushigidane. It is always funny that he eats the sap often such that Fushigidane has to use Tsuru No Muchi. Amazingly Kasumi did not freak out when she saw Heracros as a bug.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12