Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roll On, Pokémon! (122)

Default Roll On, Pokémon! (122)

Roll On, Pokémon!

Proud of his new Capture, Heracross, Ash sees a Donphan, thinking it's wild he battles it with his Heracross...but finds out it's owned by a trainer who is looking for Amber. Team Rocket however want to get the amber and steal Donphan. Can Ash get it back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

The first Johto filler... the start of pokemon's doom... why do I love it?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

I always found it amusing that Ash seemed to have a thing for Donphan...he might just get one of his own someday.

Again, this episode wasn't all that great (not a whole lot of season three episodes were), but Brock at least makes this episode watchable. He may never get the girl, but the way he keeps on trying is always fun to watch. I like when he takes about what a perfect gem Rochelle is, and Ash thinks he's talking about the amberite.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

it was an ok episode. i think they show donphan too much though...

Now that I've just seen this episode again on Toonami, it raises a question.

Though the odds are really high, what are the odds that Ash will train his own Donphan to find amberite? Is he smart enough to relise taht his Donphan can make him a load of money?
    Breezy is my little sister. Anyone who messes with her has to answer to me!
    My Twin's are Trillian and Sakara

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    I always found it amusing that Ash seemed to have a thing for Donphan...he might just get one of his own someday.
    Don't you just love comments like this?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    what are the odds that Ash will train his own Donphan to find amberite?
    About equal to the odds of the writers actually remembering what amberite is.
    In other words, zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupin
    Though the odds are really high, what are the odds that Ash will train his own Donphan to find amberite? Is he smart enough to relise taht his Donphan can make him a load of money?
    Not to mention that the writers have forgotten plenty of more important stuff than a Johto-filler mineral.

And it seems Ash has never had much of a need for money anyway. Where does he get all his travel funds...? o_O;
    Good Love Charm
    *COMPLETE*

I just saw this episode in Japanese, and I noticed something interesting. Apparently, "amberite" is a dub invention. In the original version, the mineral they were searching for wasn't fictional, but actually exists in real life: agate (メノウ "menou" in Japanese).
    Last edited by Yamato-san; 26th June 2006 at 8:47 PM.

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

I translate for #Pocketmonsters (just because I know Japanese does not make me Japanese, stop PMing me).

Nothing interesting about this filler episode. But it's by no means lame.

Lol, Ash has encountered Donphan alot and now he has one of his own

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good episode, I always love the ones where they show Pokemon being used for something other than battling. Heracross definitely di dwell in it's first battle as one of Ashes Pokemon and did exceptionally well against Rochelle's oldest Donphan. Also liked how the Donphan rammed against the rock walls to get Amberite out.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

it's a good episode, i give a 9/10 for it.

Nothing really important happens in this episode. Yet, this episode was entertaining to watch. I really thought that Ash was going to capture a Donphan in that episode. 7/10

He gets one eventually though.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Well, Ash may have a Donphan now, but did he ever take it out to look for Amberite? I daresay not.

Pretty boring episode, though Not that looking for buried treasure isn't fun, but the fact that the episode didn't have much else to offer is what gets me.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This was the only mention of the amberite. I still like the episode.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Not so great episode,but it had some interesting moments in it.We get to see Donphan and Rochelle using them to find Amberite.The battle between Ashs Heracross and Donphan in the end was good and even though Ash lost Heracross put up a good fight.Its interesting how later on in the series when he finally got Donphan he never though of using him to look for Amberite.

Another good moment was with Brock trying to impress Rochelle.Poor guy no matter how much he tryes he never have luck with girls.

Meh this wasn't a great episode. But Donphans a good Pokemon. I'm happy Ash eventually got one.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

nah, a good episode...Donphan was the best part
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Trust Team Rocket to take the only Donphan that doesn't know how to search for Amberite yet lol.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Takeshi may be his usual one-note self in this one, but at least he's funny. I always get a kick out of his mortified faint after Hiiragi mentions that she was more impressed with Satoshi and Kasumi's battling skills. (And for good reason, too - all Takeshi does is send out Iwaku who almost immediately succumbs to Utsubot's Sleep Powder.)

Again, Musashi-tachi make this episode a lot of fun. I can't help but laugh at that shot of the valley after they've dug everywhere the inexperienced Donfan has supposedly led them to, and there are holes in the rock wall in addition to the ground. Musashi screwing up the hidari-uchiwa idiom is another good "they can't do anything right" joke. And probably my biggest laugh came from the beginning of the episode, when the three of them get crushed by that boulder. "YA NA K--"*wham* (The fact that it's in a wide shot and we only see the puff of dust rising up from the trees makes it a hundred times funnier.)

It's a filler, but it's a pretty good one. Yeah, we don't get much in the way of character development, but at least Satoshi's Heracross gets some more experience. That's always a plus, given how briefly it'll be on his roster.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse GS the II View Post
    It's a filler, but it's a pretty good one. Yeah, we don't get much in the way of character development, but at least Satoshi's Heracross gets some more experience. That's always a plus, given how briefly it'll be on his roster.
    You also have Ash take an interest in Donphan, and he does get his own around 300 episodes later.

This was one of my favorite Johto episodes since Donphan appeared in the anime. We saw one in movie 1 but that wasn't canon in my opinion. I remember watching this episode like 20 times because Kids WB would show it a lot in the early Johto Journey days. Ash obviously had an interest in Donphan's strength as seen when he met the Donphan and I had wished he would capture one. 9/10 for being pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 2:37 AM.

Donphan was really strong, it beat Onix in a second.
    I loved how Ash tried to capture it, unfortunately he failed.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast