Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Illusion Confusion! (123)

Default Illusion Confusion! (123)

Illusion Confusion!

Heading into a Forest which is inhabited by Ghosts, Ash & Co. get tricked by Illusions, but Gary tells them to see through them by getting a Hoothoot. Ash goes to get one and when he finds the rental place, he discovers the Hoothoot he can get is a rowdy one. Can Ash & Co. get through the forest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

meggirl63 Guest

Oh, yeah! Gary Oak makes a cameo in that episode!!!!!!

This was a very funny episode. I liked all the illusions that the gengars and haunters played on the gang, even though the Misty one was a bit frightening. I liked the multiple Ash's (it's the army of darkness! LOL), Team Rocket thinking they're seeing a dragonite, and Ash and Brock mistaking Hagatha for an illusion. It was also hilarious when Ash said there weren't any pretty girls here, and Hagatha and Misty's eyes glow in anger. LOL It was funny when the hoothoot kept pecking Ash on the head too.
    My Shinies: NEW!! 7/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:
    To reclaim:

It was a cool episode although i forgot what happened in half of it. It was nice to see gary again, and the Hoothoot seemed really cool ^.^

lightspeed Guest

I enjoyed this episode a lot, and I really like the part where the illusions appeared, the multiple Ash and also the part when Ash said there weren't any pretty girls around then Agatha and Misty became angry.

HA This episode is alright. Another favorite episode of mine, I laughed so much. I liked when Team Rocket first appeared and Ash held onto the rope when they were stealing his Pokemon, and Ash fell into the paper and said "Oh, guess who" Some thing like that LOL. I just watched the episode today on my DVD. This episode is one of the funnier one's. I give it a 10/10.

gary appear in a cameo this episode was hilarious 10/10

merry christmas!

Wow, this episode's funny and Gary makes an appearance, yay!
    The last part was the funniest with TR on the "beach"

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A very nice and hilarious episode. I like the notion of needing a Hoothoot to navigate through the forest cause of some trouble making Ghost Pokemon, it's interesting to see Hoothoot use Foresight and none of the characters even mention what attack it's using. It was funny seeing all those ash illusions and Pikachu getting overwhelmed and shocking them all then Misty getting menaced by Bug Pokemon. Also Ash's reaction to when when TR appeared was priceless.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

GARY'S BACK!!! YEAH!!!! Poor Misty, with all those bugs... O_O 10/10!

Another fav. Ash saying there are no pretty girls here and Misty and that one old lady getting angry at that was funny as heck. Also yah the Ash clones muhaha. I need to watch this episode agian in fact.

ghost episodes are allways the best, i really enjoyed watching this episode.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

Yes~ an episode with Gary in it 83

Ash kept attacked by Hoohoot... hehehe. And the Ash clones, those were funny. I loved all the illusions! I wish it was like that in the games D:
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

I loved this one. It was quite enjoyable. Watching everyone get paranoid over nothing was funny. Hoothoot is awesome.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I liked this, the Hoothoot was quite funny especially when it wouldn't listen to Ash.

The old women were a little creepy though.
    Last edited by Blue Snover; 22nd April 2009 at 3:35 PM.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Of course Ash and Co. don't get a Hoot-Hoot that listens, but Gary does.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I love it when everyone went all nuts XD
    Hoothoot is the best<3
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by Igottapoo View Post
    I loved this one. It was quite enjoyable. Watching everyone get paranoid over nothing was funny. Hoothoot is awesome.
    I prefer Noctowl, but at least it helped them to get through, even if it did constantly peck Ash.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I thought they old women in this episode were a little creepy. It is also ironic how Gary apparently got the last good Hoothoot leaving Ash, Misty, and Brock with an unreliable one. I also thought it was funny how Ash couldn't handle the fact that Hoothoot liked Misty and not him.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

I remember this episode. One thing, I thought the faces on the trees were really eerie. I still remember them. It was also weird to see one of their mouths move in a commercial I saw.
    Last edited by danparker; 19th July 2009 at 3:43 AM.

ah a very decent episode but I did like Gary appearance
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

This episode lacks that certain je ne sais quoi. Takeda's by-the-numbers direction certainly doesn't help, but I think a big part of it is Shigeru's disappointing appearance. I think it would have been better if they'd focused a little more on him, actually - you know, maybe compare how he's been doing in Jouto so far compared to Satoshi. There's talk about how he's been catching a lot of Pok&#233;mon in the area, but wouldn't it be awesome if he hadn't caught anything in Jouto yet? I just have this idea for an underlying plot thread where Shigeru realizes his "catch first, ask questions later" method of training doesn't work, and he's got a whole team of underdeveloped Pok&#233;mon as a result of it, and he gradually becomes more and more jaded with the whole concept of training, which'd foreshadow his eventual hiatus at the end of Jouto...

But look at me, I'm rambling again.

Anyway, there are aspects to this episode that I like. Hoho liking Kasumi better than Satoshi is a nice twist. They do it so much, though, that it starts out funny, becomes unfunny, and then goes on so long that it becomes funny again. (It's humor through repetition, like "The Simpsons" and the rake scene.) Suzu-sama and Kane-sama are some of the better Jouto characters-of-the-day - their crabby voices help to make them memorable. I like the music in this one, too. There's a lot of weird melodies that I don't think I've heard before, like when Satoshi-tachi are chasing Hoho to the shrine in the first place.

And of course, Musashi and Kojirou are the highlight of the episode yet again. They're so delightfully random - locking Pikachu in a strongbox, swinging Satoshi against a tree and then capturing the imprint of his body on carbon paper, and then escaping in a rowboat strung between the trees...which immediately falls to the ground 'cause it's so cheaply made. And I can't help but giggle at how Kojirou gets eaten by Utsubot again, then spends a good minute conducting dialogue with the rest of the characters while still standing inside Utsubot's mouth. That's just a funny visual.

Probably my favorite moment in the episode is somewhat of a meta-joke - when Satoshi is dangling from the rope that's snared Pikachu, he hears Musashi and Kojirou laughing up above, then exasperatedly sighs and asks "What's that?" with no enthusiasm, just so he can set up the Rocket-dan motto. He knows who it is, and he knows what's going to happen, and he's just so tired of it - it's like the show is poking fun at its own formulaic properties. (There's a similar joke in an Orange Islands episode where Satoshi-tachi just stand around yawning and shuffling their feet while they wait for Musashi-tachi to finish their motto, and when it's done, they immediately snap back to defensive poses and shout "Rocket-dan!" Only two years in, they're already making fun of themselves!)
    Last edited by Jesse GS the II; 6th November 2009 at 3:37 PM.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

It was a delightful episode really. I liked how Hoot-hoot debuted in a spooky forest setting. I also really liked how Hoot-hoot preferred Misty over Ash and seeing Ash try to teach it to be brave was funny since Hoot-hoot just attacked Ash and returned to Misty haha. I also liked how Gary showed up and as always, he was better prepared for the journey (having gotten his own Hoot-hoot to lead the way). 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 4th December 2010 at 1:20 AM.

It was great to see Gary again.

I loved this Hoot-Hoot, but not the fact that it hates Ash, i didn't understand why.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Nice episode, Gary appears, HootHoot is cool and I loved Agatha & Nogatha, it was a funny eps overall! 10/10

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast