Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battle Factory Fax.

Default Battle Factory Fax.

The Battle Factory is a Very Challenging Place to be on the Battle Frontier. Here are some fax. that can make it easier to be at.

1. If you go in with 1 or 2 good stated Pokemon in the front of your Party, there will give you great stated pokemon that you would like to own.

2. Look at the stats when you go in, not just the attacks or Pokemon. Look at the Best Stated Pokemon and base you decisons Upon those.

3. DUGTRIO. Dugtrio is the only Pokemon where about 99% Percent of the time, it will have an HP under 200. Every other Pokemon (Except Dusclops on ocassions) will have an HP over 200. Look at the Defense of Dugtrio if you are desiding to rent it. And, if the Defense is not at a base of at least 315, Don't rent it. That means you are wasting a Pokemon because Dugtrio will likely be knocked out in the first 2 turns.

4. When Battling Noland, I sudgest that you look at the Best attacks of all of your Pokemon, and the best stats. That is your star Pokemon you are going to use through the Battle. I didn't do that today while Battling Noland, And I Lost.

I hope this helps your challenges at the Battle Factory!
    Lookin' For Battles & Friend Codes!

My Shinies:

Only 8 forum smilies are allowed in your signature. You had 13, so 5 have been removed. Please read the Signature Rules.

I had a 35 match winning streak,before i lost to hax.

I have all the Frontier Gold Symbols

Friend Code: Ash: 4811 5930 1227

I had like a 2,000 turn match in the factory just tonight.

They had Meganium with Double team, I had Venusaur we both Double teamed up 6 times...and our Leech Seeds were useless, because Grass Pokes can't be seeded. After that we just struggled eachother, she won because she had Leftovers.

After that I sent in Alakazam and Calm Minded up 6 times...while I recovered away damage from struggle. After about the 6th Psychic I finally hit her through the +6 evasion.

Her 2nd Pokemon was Dodrio..at that point I instantly thought I was going to sweep the rest of her team and I would be home free.

Well...her Dodrio Protected 1st turn...then she must've had quick claw activate..or I had a slow Alakazam because she Double Edged me and OHKO'd Zam.

Claydol was my last Poke..started Double teaming up..and Cosmic powering..until i was +6 Def, Sp.Def, and Evasion...I got kind of low HP from taking some hits but by the time I was maxed out I had regained it with Leftovers...I had to use up all my PP's to kill it because it's immune to Earthquake.

Finally after killing it with Struggles she send out Clefable...I found out it had...DOUBLE TEAM AND COSMIC POWER TOO. So after she maxed out...while I tried to hit her with Struggle *which did like 2 damage each turn* I hope her Meteor Mashes missed...all of them except 1 did...it was a critical hit but thankfully it didn't KO.

and after Struggling on...and on ...and on, only like 1 out of every 5 struggles hit. I finally killed off Clefable...

In the end I have no clue whether it was 2,000 turns more/or less but it took me like 4 hours to complete the battle ...and I never want to do that again.

battle factory is the only facility I do not have a gold symbol for yet nor have I even come close to gold noland. Twice I made it past #28 only to get swept in the first legendary round. I made it as far as #31 only to get swept by a muk of all pokemon. I don't recall much difficulty over a year ago when I beat Noland for silver with a breloom even against an aerodactyl that had no flying moves to succumb to an iron tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Warri0r View Post
    I had like a 2,000 turn match in the factory just tonight.

They had Meganium with Double team, I had Venusaur we both Double teamed up 6 times...and our Leech Seeds were useless, because Grass Pokes can't be seeded. After that we just struggled eachother, she won because she had Leftovers.

After that I sent in Alakazam and Calm Minded up 6 times...while I recovered away damage from struggle. After about the 6th Psychic I finally hit her through the +6 evasion.

Her 2nd Pokemon was Dodrio..at that point I instantly thought I was going to sweep the rest of her team and I would be home free.

Well...her Dodrio Protected 1st turn...then she must've had quick claw activate..or I had a slow Alakazam because she Double Edged me and OHKO'd Zam.

Claydol was my last Poke..started Double teaming up..and Cosmic powering..until i was +6 Def, Sp.Def, and Evasion...I got kind of low HP from taking some hits but by the time I was maxed out I had regained it with Leftovers...I had to use up all my PP's to kill it because it's immune to Earthquake.

Finally after killing it with Struggles she send out Clefable...I found out it had...DOUBLE TEAM AND COSMIC POWER TOO. So after she maxed out...while I tried to hit her with Struggle *which did like 2 damage each turn* I hope her Meteor Mashes missed...all of them except 1 did...it was a critical hit but thankfully it didn't KO.

and after Struggling on...and on ...and on, only like 1 out of every 5 struggles hit. I finally killed off Clefable...

In the end I have no clue whether it was 2,000 turns more/or less but it took me like 4 hours to complete the battle ...and I never want to do that again.

Tell me about Wr. Happened to me with those annoyers. I usually forfeit ever since my 2 hour battle. Anyway my Ludicolo struggled aganist opposing Regice/Suicune/Blastoise. Thank goodness for left-overs and no Modest! But then I met my match aganist.. Raikou/Latios
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

1. If you go in with 1 or 2 good stated Pokemon in the front of your Party, there will give you great stated pokemon that you would like to own.
    I don't understand what you mean, can you explain?

3. DUGTRIO. Dugtrio is the only Pokemon where about 99% Percent of the time, it will have an HP under 200. Every other Pokemon (Except Dusclops on ocassions)
    will have an HP over 200. Look at the Defense of Dugtrio if you are desiding to rent it. And, if the Defense is not at a base of at least 315, Don't rent
    it. That means you are wasting a Pokemon because Dugtrio will likely be knocked out in the first 2 turns.
    Dugtrio's attack and speed make up for its low HP and defenses. Furthermore, I don't even think Dugtrio's defenses are capable of reaching that high. And since I think all Dugtrio in the Frontier are adamant nature with max attack and speed EVs, choosing Dugtrio is actually quite a smart idea. Yes, you'll need something defensive to back it up, but your team should have something like that anyway, Trio or no Trio.

Expert Evan, can I give you some advice? Do the level 50 Factory challenge. I always do and that's how I got to the battle before Noland gold, and the only reason I lost was because I didn't know my opponent had a Salamence and used the pokémon that was strong against it (I forget what it was( beforehand, meaning it was low on HP and was open for Salamence to finish it. That and Sala critical hitted one of my pokes, of course. but anyway, try that.

My best run is only 28 battles, you know what would be useful a list of the best pokemon in each 7 battles, the best pokemon I think as I know of are.

1st 7: Spinda
    2nd 7: no idea
    3rd 7:Linoone, Poliwrath
    4th 7: No idea
    5th 7: Armaldo

I think it would be a good idea to put that in the first post and keep adding to it
    Current Pokemon Black Team: 8 Badges

Expert Evan, can I give you some advice? Do the level 50 Factory challenge. I always do and that's how I got to the battle before Noland gold, and the only reason I lost was because I didn't know my opponent had a Salamence and used the pokémon that was strong against it (I forget what it was( beforehand, meaning it was low on HP and was open for Salamence to finish it. That and Sala critical hitted one of my pokes, of course. but anyway, try that.

Level 50 is a waste of time because it has the same odds of the pokemon shown up on L.100 (pre-evolution). The best way is to keep swapping swapping as explained in Volteon's excellent guide for the Battle Frontier. You get a higher chance of choosing ubers in uber rounds and swap better pokemon.

Also Dugtrio is no good attack. especially when they provide the Dugtrio in Level 50 with the worst IV's. Dugtrio is noo good in Level 50 or 100. 122 HP, 200-250 HP, 75 DEF, 125 DEF
    ? If need help in the Factory go to Volteon's guide or PB88's for standard details.
    Last edited by nevada11; 31st August 2006 at 6:49 PM.
    I have battled the Frontier among its 7 facilities... You might say I have some confidence in my ability.

My record for level 50 is only 15 as I recently made a mistake by continuing and not swapping for a dragonair when I meant to put it on rest only to get swept by a magneton in that next battle. I had a raticate, jumpluff and pelipper and meant to swap pelipper for dragonair so it can handle a thunder, rest and shed skin, thunderwave, dragon dance & frustration away.

Both my records are still at zero now. I'm tempted to let someone else get the battle factory gold for me time permitting.

The trick is too swith and swith so you get good pokemon instead of normal pokemon. Just watch the main site
    I do care about IVs, EVs, natures, and you can say that I breed my way to perfection, but so what? It`s fun!!(started by psy dragon trainer)

Quote Originally Posted by nevada11 View Post

Level 50 is a waste of time because it has the same odds of the pokemon shown up on L.100 (pre-evolution). The best way is to keep swapping swapping as explained in Volteon's excellent guide for the Battle Frontier. You get a higher chance of choosing ubers in uber rounds and swap better pokemon.

Also Dugtrio is no good attack. especially when they provide the Dugtrio in Level 50 with the worst IV's. Dugtrio is noo good in Level 50 or 100. 122 HP, 200-250 HP, 75 DEF, 125 DEF
    ? If need help in the Factory go to Volteon's guide or PB88's for standard details.
    lawl
    This is the first time I've ever seen anybody recommend a guide writer to their own guide.
    Anyway, you're forgetting that your opponents' pokémon have the same IVs as yours. You obviously haven't used Dugtrio. I did once and it rocked.
    And no level 50 is not a waste of time. Besides, a lot of the pre-evos are nothing compared to their evolutions, even when facing them with pre-evos (tell me a Shelgon's as hard as a Salamence and I'll truly laugh). Lastly, by the time you start facing legendaries and stuff, you're already past Noland gold so the only thing losing to a legend affects is pride, you've got your symbol which should offer enough pride.

Looks like you have never tried the advanced level either *sigh*. No experience at all. Dugtrio doesn't rock they put half max IV's into its special defense or else it would of been 80-90 value. The attack sucks. Enough said. Swapping is the best bet. Legendaries in the 4th round. Ask Expert Evan, Volteon they have been there not you. Dugtrio sucks in L.100

EDIT:XD I recommended that to you? My mistake. Lets call off the Dugtrio arguement.
    Last edited by nevada11; 1st September 2006 at 7:37 PM.

PB88's guide isn't helpful. Really all he explains is stupid way to win in the Dome is to get sweepers/tanks. That is as good as an ametur can explain. In the palace you just said "be lucky". Volteon actually explains the percent chances and tries to get into more details passed Serebii's. That is why PB88 got scared when she posted on advice. Volteon's truly superior. PB88 even had to ask for the info. Expert Evan can even make 10x the sentenes. He can.
    EDIT: Dugtrio has 108 DEF, 96 SP.DEF in L.100 PB88's been reccomending weak pokemon. Dont you have any idea that Shelgon does appear!
    Last edited by LOVINGNIKKI741; 1st September 2006 at 1:40 AM.

I do recall Volteon's post about his recommendations for the battle factory as it's probably somewhere imbedded within one of the sticky topics in the R/S/E discussion forum. I've been taking the advice of avoiding fire pokemon such as charizard & ninetales, etc, and rock pokemon such as armaldo & aerodactyl even.

My level 50 streak recently broke my previous record of 15 just to stop at 16 before being swepped by a roselia. I am not used to using underused pokemon which is probably why I often fail there.

All I know is once I ever win gold in battle factory, I'll never want to go back to the factory again.

Quote Originally Posted by LOVINGNIKKI741 View Post
    PB88's guide isn't helpful. Really all he explains is stupid way to win in the Dome is to get sweepers/tanks. That is as good as an ametur can explain. In the palace you just said "be lucky". Volteon actually explains the percent chances and tries to get into more details passed Serebii's. That is why PB88 got scared when she posted on advice. Volteon's truly superior. PB88 even had to ask for the info. Expert Evan can even make 10x the sentenes. He can.
    EDIT: Dugtrio has 108 DEF, 96 SP.DEF in L.100 PB88's been reccomending weak pokemon. Dont you have any idea that Shelgon does appear!
    Who the hell said I was scared? I wasn't. I'm glad other people want to help out. And by the way if you saw something wrong with my guide, maybe if you addressed it kindly I'd work on it and make it better. But then again you'd probably just say **** like "OMG HE STOLE FROM VOLTEON'S GUIDE!1!111!11!!1" so what's the point? BTW you don't know how many people I've met who don't know anything about balancing a team with sweepers and tanks. So just because you know what you're doing, or because there are people out there who are better than me (I have no problem admitting that there are, I didn't expect to be perfect you know), it doesn't give you the right to say things like that.

BTW I never said use Dugtrio every time you can. I just said I used it one time and it helped out a lot. And yes I know you can get legends in round 4 of level 100, but that doesn't stop the problem of facing them in rounds 5 and 6. On level 50, you don't face any legends until you've already got the gold symbol, so it's not as much of a problem.

EDIT. Nevada11, maybe Dugtrio's not as useful in level 100, I haven't played that mode in a while. I usually just go level 50. By the time you can use Dugtrio on level 50 mode, the pokémon have fair IVs.
    K, argument off. Everyone has different opinions.
    Last edited by Powerful_Blaziken88; 5th September 2006 at 4:58 PM.

While dugtrio has one of the worst HPs and defenses in the game, I do like its speed and ability to pack quite a punch as it can be so annoying to face against, especially when it had done fissure twice in a row to wipe out my chances in battle pike long time ago. Dugtrio is often my choice in battle factory to start with and I've had some moderate success using it.

Since the main site is down, I have just a quick question. How many battles do you need to win to make it to Noland? Silver and Gold please.
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Expert Evan, I found what you meant =D

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showpos...&postcount=438

I corrected few things there O.o

and BattlePikeKing140, look here =D

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=78341
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    Paired with the wonder called GoldenHouou! HELLYAHSHESBACK! =D
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"
    "Ensure the bed is unoccupied before getting into it!"
    Banner and Avatar by Shuam!

Thanks Volt. This guide looks freakin awesome. I'll be using it a lot. ::bookmarks::
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Volteon a fantastic guide since i felt just short of Noland Gold

I have all the Frontier Gold Symbols

Friend Code: Ash: 4811 5930 1227

Really? Thanks! Just skip the English mistakes ;D It wasn´t very good when I wrote it...

You can also use PB88´s thread to ask questions, since mine´s dead =)
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Here was something I never seen before at the start of my doomed round 5 in battle factory: There were 2 blastoises to choose from and with different moves. I chose the one with surf, ice beam, earthquake & counter along with a marowak(slow but with sweeper moves) & metagross(meteor mash & special attacks), and avoided a charizard and regirock which would have both been weak to a foe's vaporeon anyways. What really sucked at this #29 which was my first time getting to this point in ages was all my pokemon were weak to medichams punches and none could respond, so it resulted in a complete wipeout.

Has anyone else had to choose from 2 of the same pokemon before?

my emerald game does not intend to leave battle factory until we ever get gold somehow.

Has anyone else had to choose from 2 of the same pokemon before?
    xD Yeah, this happened twice with me, with Exeggutor and Snorlax.

And... just commenting: Expert Evan, I don´t know if you already saw, my tips link is in last page, I think post N° 18.
    Main - 3953 9242 6081
    "Team Galatic Nap Room"

Quote Originally Posted by Volteon View Post
    xD Yeah, this happened twice with me, with Exeggutor and Snorlax.

And... just commenting: Expert Evan, I don´t know if you already saw, my tips link is in last page, I think post N° 18.
    Thanks Volteon, I added to my bookmark post. I mentioned in another thread that the Knowledge Symbol should be renamed as the Luck Symbol due to my extreme disadvantage from my last attempt at round #29. Few others are unlucky at this point as well it seems.

That would of been awesome if you completed the 5th round and beat my record but I recently lost at #30 and had a team of Dragon Dancing Dragonite, EQ Tyranitar, Bolt-beaming STAB SpeAtk Starmie. My whole team was OWNED by an impressive masquerain moveset with awesome EV's @ brightpowder. It wasn't a hax because my Dragonite couldn't attack the first move thunderbolt and the second flamethrower which helped it Double teamed away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast