Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Default Official Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Help Thread - Small questions go here!

Approved by Angeling

This thread is for all small questions about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions. Before you ask a question, be sure to check every single one of these:
    3rd Generation Pokedex
    Ruby and Sapphire's Page
    Emerald's Page
    3rd Generation Attackdex
    Abilitydex
    3rd Gen Berrydex
    Game Mechanics
    Contest Help
    E-Reader/Eon Ticket/Mystery Gift Help
    Battle Frontier Help
    Battle Frontier Tips and Tricks
    Battle Frontier Max Stats
    Tips for finding the Latis
    Help with Latios, Latias, and Feebas
    Official Bad Egg/Missingno. Discussion
    General Ruby/Sapphire FAQ
    General Emerald FAQ
    Cloning in Emerald
    Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Glitch Discussion
    Breeding Help/Egg Chain Discussion
    EV's/IV's Help
    Pokerus FAQ
    Shiny FAQ

Plus some other websites that would be useful:
    Smogon's List of 3rd Generation Tiers
    Smogon's Competitive Pokemon Movesets
    Gamefaqs's Ruby Version Walkthroughs/FAQs
    Gamefaqs's Sapphire Version Walkthroughs/FAQs
    Gamefaqs's Emerald Version Walkthroughs/FAQs
    Psypoke's Psydex (has all the XD tutor moves)

Frequently Asked Questions
    Q: I tried to release my Pokemon, but it said it was worried about me. What does that mean and how do I make it stop?
    A: It means the Pokemon is the last one you have that has that HM move. Just teach a different one that HM move.

Q: Where is the move deleter?
    A: In Lilycove City in one of the houses near the Dept. Store.

Q: Can I trade with Fr/Lg/Colo/XD?
    A: Ruby and Sapphire can trade with these games as soon as trading is possible, as long as you have completed the requirements in the other game. Emerald must get the national dex by beating the Elite 4 in order to trade with these games, and the requirements of the other game must be met. You can't get any Eggs or non-Hoenn Pokemon in Emerald before beating the Elite 4.

Q: How do I clone in the 3rd generation?
    A: Check the Cloning in Emerald thread.

Q: When are Latias/Latios's attributes (nature, IV's, shininess, etc) set?
    A: In Emerald, they're set as soon as you tell your mom that it's red or blue from the TV. In Ruby and Sapphire, it's set when you watch the news broadcast after the E4 (thanks to Nidogod for that piece). But be warned, due to a glitch in the programming, any "running" Pokemon in the 3rd generation will likely have 4-5 IV's as 0 or 1.
    Note: Not all versions of Emerald are affected by this glitch. Some are and some aren't; you'll probably just have to test it on your particular one to see.

Do you have a good website to help or think that a particular question belongs in the FAQ? Send me a PM or profile message and I'll take a look.

If your question's not here (and belongs in this thread), ask away!

(The following has been added in by the edit-ninja bobandbill)

Thought it might be an idea to take every question asked so far not covered above in the FAQ/links, list it here, and provide the answer as well, OR a link to the post that answers it (so this remains under the character limit easily). So now you can look in the first post here to see every question asked so far - chances are one you want to ask has already been asked and answered.

CHECK THE LINKS ABOVE FIRST IF THE QUESTION IS NOT BELOW!

Also, for an easy-to-find way for a certain question, use the Ctrl+F function.

Spoiler:- Questions asked in the Help Thread thus far:
    Last edited by bobandbill; 28th December 2008 at 1:33 PM. Reason: Added Questions asked/answered so far as of 29/12/08

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

Needs to be Sticky Fied. Nice FAQ and links. +10

Can you make a White Pokeblock with the Blend Master?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Emerald View Post
    Q: Can I trade with Fr/Lg/Colo/XD?
    A: Ruby and Sapphire can trade with these games as soon as trading is possible, as long as you have completed the requirements in the other game. Emerald must get the national dex by beating the Elite 4 in order to trade with these games, and the requirements of the other game must be met. However, Emerald can trade with Ruby and Sapphire early in the game and receive non-Hoenn Pokemon.
    Wait, you actually can get non-hoenn Pokémon before national dex in Emerald!?!?

Is there a list of important things and Pokemon I should migrate to D/P or trade to R/S before starting over? I already migrated the 3 Golems, Latios, the three legendary mascots for R/S/E, and transferred my Master Ball to Sapphire. Is there anything else I should move that's in Emerald?
    3DS Friend Code:2793-1721-8850
    IGN:Kashley
    I have every non-event legendary available, PM me for trade talks.

My Inbox is pretty full, so VM as well if your message can't get through.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Wait, you actually can get non-hoenn Pokémon before national dex in Emerald!?!?
    *just reread that* uh, I might have been confused with D/P, but if anyone can test it, I'd appreciate it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard006 View Post
    Is there a list of important things and Pokemon I should migrate to D/P or trade to R/S before starting over? I already migrated the 3 Golems, Latios, the three legendary mascots for R/S/E, and transferred my Master Ball to Sapphire. Is there anything else I should move that's in Emerald?
    Hmm, well, do you have FrLg and Colo/XD? If not, you should transfer over every Pokemon not obtainable in RS (ones like Smeargle, Ditto, the new Safari Zone Pokemon, etc.), plus use up and spare BP and Tutors you have.

this is me on sppf most of the time. so don't send me small questions. send them to kreis :)

Little Miss Stalinist/Secret Al-Qaeda agents (i.e. Ellie) would be a ***** even if she was a conserative republican. What makes her the way she is happens to be the fact that the webmaster of this site let's her behave like this. (Of course, I would never make a liberal a staff member at any forum I'd be in charge of, regardless.)

I don't know D/P items but in emerald you can have an easy access to frontier items(Brightpowder, leftovers, scope lens etc.)

The only Pokemon not yet named that are available in RSE but not DP are the 3rd gen starters. Don't know if you already had access to all three or not.

This is a solid thread. It's a shame that the people who ask simple questions won't be reading it before making their own thread.

~~

Has anyone ever determined exactly how many times you can redistribute the EON Ticket through mixing records?
    Previously i've seen some say that it is hundreds, and then looking through one of those thread links, others say it is only possible to do several times. I was wondering if anyone had a more definitive answer, since no-one seemed to be certain about this ':<

About Emerald, I think you were supposed to be able to unlock the National 'dex pre-E4 by simply trading a non-Hoenn Pokémon to it, from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald. It's been too long since I last went through, but I seem to remember doing this myself.
    I can't restart my game to confirm though, too much I need to do beforehand ;/

(Semi-pointless sidenote - there's a typo in "Ticket", in the E-Reader/EON Ticket/Mystery Gift help link.. Just thought i'd point that out... x3 *fussy*)
    3DS Friend Code
    Halcyon: 3995-6536-7994

About the Emerald trading thing:
    If you are trading with Ruby/Sapphire + Emerald, these are the requirements for getting National Dex Pokemon:
    Ruby/Sapphire -Trade any Pokemon from Colosseum/XD/FireRed/LeafGreen/Emerald(After receiving National Dex)

FireRed/LeafGreen -Once National Dex is obtained, you can trade any Pokemon (001-386)from another FireRed/LeafGreen version. Once the in-game requirements have been met, you can trade with a Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald version. To get a Hoenn Pokemon after you get the National Dex but before you can trade with Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, trade a Pokemon from Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald to a separate FireRed/LeafGreen version that has met the in-game requirements, then trade it to the original FireRed/LeafGreen version to get one.

Emerald -Eggs and National Dex Pokemon cannot be traded from any other Gen 3 games until the National Dex has been obtained in Emerald. However, you can trade any Pokemon from any game in the Hoenn dex as soon as you can trade. For instance, you can trade a Tentacool from FireRed/LeafGreen to Emerald because Tentacool is in the Hoenn Dex. Any Pokemon can be traded to Emerald before you get the National Dex as long as the Pokemon you're trading is in the Hoenn dex.

I have a link cable and access to 2 Gameboys, so if there's anything else about trading, ASK ME!!! Although I don't have the GameCube games or Diamond/Pearl.

(Also in Ruby/Sapphire, the Pokedex is a nice blue color, but once you get the National Dex by trading it turns into an ugly grey color)
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Thanks guys, I fixed all the stuff wrong. If anything else is wrong, please tell me as soon as possible.

I was battling in Battle Factory. Me and my opponent both had Breloom. Two Breloom used Focus Punch. I focused first, but he hit before me. Why??

I was battling in Battle Factory. Me and my opponent both had Breloom. Two Breloom used Focus Punch. I focused first, but he hit before me. Why??

My guess would be it's the odd priorities of focus punch. The move itself is set to focus first and attack after the opponent attacks. If you were faster you would tighten focus first, and thus set your punch to occur after the opponent finished it's attack. Maybe the game is designed that when that happens the opponent's move will go first no matter what it is because the game can't assign two attacks to occur after each other. Sort of like two Pokemon using roar. The slowest Pokemon will actually get the move off because is only supposed to work after a move with higher priority regardless of speed and both Pokemon use the same move with the same priority so the faster one automatically is forced to get first.

...that's just my speculation and I hope you followed it. 0_0

~~

what place do u get kyorge? i know its a cave i think but what cave or place is it called tell me when u find out.
    PLease visit ^*~*Sprite Sensations*~*^ A lovely shop!

***Sister of pokemonmaster21!!!***

^^Which game are you playing??

When obtaining the Johto Starters in Emerald do you just have to see all the pokemon in the Hoenn Dex or actually get all their pokedex entries???

Quote Originally Posted by ~*~milotic~*~ View Post
    what place do u get kyorge? i know its a cave i think but what cave or place is it called tell me when u find out.
    Emerald: Kyogre is found in marine cave after defeating the Elite 4. You will need to ask the weather institute scientist about abnormal rain weather conditions and he will reveal the route. you will go to the route and search for a dive spot(which usually is not there) and dive in for kyogre.
    Ruby: Through trading with sapphire or emerald
    Sapphire: Cave of Origin in Sootopolis after Archie released it from its slumber in a seefloor cavern.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf_Blade_Leafeon28 View Post
    When obtaining the Johto Starters in Emerald do you just have to see all the pokemon in the Hoenn Dex or actually get all their pokedex entries???
    yep you have to obtain each and every pokemon's entry of the hoenn pokedex to get the johto starters. good luck with feebas, it is the hardest to find of the 200.
    Platinum friend code: 0474 6676 4516
    Black 2 friend code: 3225 3453 6809
        Spoiler:- dream world females i can breed: :

in-game events
    wifi events
    trades
    RE
    hatched(with SC no MM):
    current shiny hunt:egg count:56

Does confusion activate Guts or Facade's extra power

^ No.

Are there any other Hedgehog based pokemon other than Sandslash and Quilava/Cyndaquil (they are both as close as I could think of)?

Shaymin's Land Forme could count as one I guess, and Sandshrew could be one without spikes. Other than that I think the ones you mentioned are the only ones (btw, Cyndaquil and Quilava are echidnas iirc).

Just realised that.

Oh well, i'll call Sandslash: Sonic and Quilava: Knuckles.

Are there any fox pokemon (Vulpix?)?

If/when I get a Shaymin, i'll call it Amy or Amy Rose.

I might even get a Crobat called Rouge, find a rabbit pokemon called Cream, get a Feraligatr called Vector, a Charmeleon called Espio, a fire cat (?) called Blaze, a Beedrill called Charmy, frog pokemon (?) called Froggy, another cat (Persian?) called Big, a Shelgon (or another egg pokemon) called Eggman and a Registeel called E-123 Omega (or Omega for short).

Yes, I love Sonic the Hedgehog.
    Last edited by OJG; 30th July 2008 at 12:49 AM.

Hey, me too XD

Almost all of the Eeveelutions are fox-like so you could pick one of those, or Vulpix/Ninetales, or even Buizel/Floatzel since it has two tails. For a rabbit you could use Nidoran, Azumarill, Buneary, or Lopunny. Flareon is the only thing resembling a fire cat I could think of x:

Hey, me too XD

Almost all of the Eeveelutions are fox-like so you could pick one of those, or Vulpix/Ninetales, or even Buizel/Floatzel since it has two tails. For a rabbit you could use Nidoran, Azumarill, Buneary, or Lopunny. Flareon is the only thing resembling a fire cat I could think of x:

I'll go with Ninetales for the fox, I would go with Buneary but I don't have Pearl atm, I lost it :/ i'll add that on when Platinum comes out. Azumarill will do,and for a fire cat Flareon is ok I guess.

Any frog pokemon? I can't think of any.

Page 1 of 48 1234511 ... LastLast