Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flower Power! (124)

Default Flower Power! (124)

Flower Power!

On their trip to Violet City, Ash & Co. come across a trainer with two Bellossom who are trying to participate in a contest but just cant get their rythmn right. Ash decides to try and help them out. Can they do it?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Although most of this episode is great (especially the part where Meowth does his bad standup bit), the one thing I really can't stand is that the twerps blast Team Rocket off FOR NO GOOD REASON. The fact that Team Rocket just wants to get in on the festivities early on the episode is no excuse for chasing them off. They weren't even going after any pokemon at the time!

Factory Head Noland Guest

I know, a tiny bit of the time Team Rocket don't do anything wrong but they get blasted off! It's unfair to them....

Well, this episode is great because it stars Bellossom in it. GO BELLOSSOM!

Anyone wants to argue pointlessly until the next topic dies?

I won something. Click above to find out why.

That filler ep was hilarious especially when the Bellossom outsmarted TR's pokemon.

One of the funny things here was Meowth's "lame" jokes, but I got them and they're funny

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I enjoyed this episode it had alot of funny moments in it. I enjoyed seeing the Bellossom dance that was very nice and Pikachu learning to dance as part of battling. I cracked up seeing Meowth bomb with those lame jokes, and i'll admit it I snickered at a couple of them. It was nice to see that Bell and Bella finally were able to get that last move down I was happy for them.
    Last edited by Battra; 30th January 2007 at 7:30 PM.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

ugh, i really don't like bellossoms, it's a nice episode but bellossom was bugging me.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

ugh, i really don't like bellossoms, it's a nice episode but bellossom was bugging me.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I love this episode
    did anyone understand meowth jokes or it's just me?
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I liked this episode, especially the bit where Pikachu danced with the Bellossom Trying to get Meowth to speak before a huge crowd was also pretty interesting... I'm kinda glad he didn't ^^;

Though it's a big filler, I thought the episode was okay overall.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

A decent filler,i must say.While this episode wasnt that exciting packed with a lot of action in it,there are some good moments in it.Like Meowth jokes which were funny and seeing Pikachu dancing in battle was cool and interesting too.Not to mention we get to meet Bellossoms in this episode,and im glad that Bell and Bella managed to get the last move right.Overall i was satisfied with this episode.

Poor Team Rocket even when they do nothing wrong they got blasted away.

Meh I didn't like it that much. When a filler episode just goes into some stupid song and dance, that's when I start to get bored.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I liked this episode, i think that Pikachu actually learned quite a bit from the Bellossom.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I loved it, it was epic in terms of cuteness.

I thought it was an epic filler mainly because of Bellossom. Not one but too <3. I squealed when I saw it first. XD Bella and Belle were adorable. I was like wow Bailey nicknamed one of her bellossoms similar to me. <3 I loved the singing and dancing in it. Some of the team rocket bits made me LOL.

liked this episode, especially the bit where Pikachu danced with the Bellossom
    ^ I loved that part.

☆ Maya Fey: Ace Pokemon Trainer
    Carry On, BlisseyThe Other King☆
    Advancers Tumblr
    Banner by Sworn Metalhead at Dćdric Design ✠

Bellossom is my favorite Pokemon of all!
    i love the way they dance/battle at the same time
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by SoLaR-ScEpTiLe View Post
    Bellossom is my favorite Pokemon of all!
    i love the way they dance/battle at the same time
    That actually helped Pikachu when it battled Arbok.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I really liked this episode for introducing Bellossom (mainly because grass pokemon are my favorite). I don't think that Team Rocket should of been blasted off simply for trying to enter the contest, only when they try to do something wrong like take Pikachu. I wish Ash would have tried to make Charizard learn to dance...that would be pretty funny.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

A Tamagawa episode is just what I need to cleanse my palate after that stodgy Takeda episode I just watched. Now this is what I call animation! And with all the dancing going on, it helps to have an AD who knows what they're doing. Rei and Hana dancing out of the way of Utsubot's Leaf Cutter is especially well done. There's actual squash and stretch here, which is something I almost never see in anime, let alone on this show in particular!

The animation also really benefits Musashi and Kojirou's first attempt at a stage show. Poses and facial expressions are hysterical throughout, and there's a lot of perfectly timed smear animation when they run on and off the stage. I'm surprised they hadn't really taken advantage of the fact that Nyasu can talk before now, and I love when the poor cat gets stage fright and just shouts "Nya~!" while striking that weird "paws up" pose that he always used to do.

This is the third episode in a row to deal with a Pok&#233;mon who can't master a certain skill. We had a Donfan that couldn't sniff out agate, a Hoho that couldn't detect ghosts, and now a Kereihana that can't perform a complex dance move. Already, Jouto is showing signs of digging itself into a rut. But at least this episode proves that the show can be entertaining, even if it sticks to a formula as restrictive as this.

One scene I really liked in this episode is the one right after the commercial break, where we see Musashi-tachi eating dinner in an alley. It's a rather pathetic view of them that makes you realize what terrible Rocket-dan agents they are - Sakaki keeps sending them all these funds, and they blow it on giant mechanical robots and stuff, and they don't leave themselves enough left over to even be able to afford to eat indoors. In fact, it could even be inferred that they got their dinner out of the trash. And really, they bring it all on themselves, if you think about it. But somehow, it's still funny. Kojirou and Nyasu arguing over the last bite, only for Musashi to eat it when they're not looking, is really well done.

This is a very Rocket-heavy episode. In fact, Satoshi-tachi don't seem to get as much screen time as them, and when they are on screen, they don't do much and they don't come across as very compelling characters. All I'll say is thank goodness for Houen.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Great filler.

I loved the Bellossom, it was cute. and Pikachu was amazing, of course....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

My goodness! Once Ash and Co. arrive in that city, they encounter a whole freakshow (no offense). Random trainers and their Pokemon dancing about without honor :/

I thought it was funny that a musical Pokemon like Bellossom couldn't get their rhythm right. Kinda irony after the dance their species put out in the 2nd Pikachu special.

The ending with those two performing was cute though. Little Sakura petals falling on stage, gorgeous. 7/10

mmm... i didn't like this episode at first but I ended up liking it just because Team Rocket antics LOL James <3 7/10

This episode was practically a prelude to contests .

Bellossom are too cute!

My ideal battle ever!

I really did like this episode since they were comparing battling and dancing which a really great thing to do and I'm happy that they actually did this for an episode. I can't remember if they ever do an episode like this again or even did this before.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast