Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Big Horn! (127)

Default Little Big Horn! (127)

Little Big Horn!

When a town keeps getting attacked by a herd of Stantlers, Brock thinks there is something awry. Standing up against them, he finds it is an illusion made by one baby Stantler which is injured. Can Brock nurse this Stantler back to health?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

stantler007 Guest

I'm just glad they finaly had an episode with stantler!

Talking

brock should of caught stantler! stantler can learn cool moves like confuse ray and other psyhic moves!

stantler007 Guest

Yeah he should of caught him!

Why not catch a cute baby stantler?

This is my top favorite Brock episode, mostly because we really see how good he is at understanding and taking care of pokemon. It was hard watching the scene where he insisted on the little stantler leaving, but otherwise he was really great in this episode. Plus, at least the scene where he was pretending to be a stantler was less disturbing than his scene with the sudowoodo in "Type Casting". I also liked Team Rocket's motto in this episode, when they're saying it after they were running for their lives.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: ; playing Y
    To reclaim:

finally an episode with stantler hurrey

8/10

merry christmas!

I think the only episode to show Stantler in it, and Brock was great at taking of care of the little Stantler

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good episode focusing on Brock and his goal of becoming a top notch Pokemon Breeder. I got a little miffed at the Pokedex when it kept referring to Stantler as having Horns instead of Antlers though I guess that might be a common mistake for people that don't know the difference. I got a laugh out of Brock trying to act like a Stantler though it looked more like he was imitating a dog or cat than a deer. Also laughed at Ash and Misty's expressions when Brock was hitting on Jenny, and does TR really need a gigantic robot to capture one baby Stantler i'm sure just a simple net gun would of worked better and saved them some money. Lastly it was nice seeing Stantler reunited with it's heard at the end.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Brock was SO brave with those Stantler rampaging. It almost changed who my anime crush was. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Battra View Post
    does TR really need a gigantic robot to capture one baby Stantler
    Yes. Yes, they do.

Other than that, eh. Takeshi reminding us that he exists is always nice, and Odoshishi is cute and all, but the plot isn't really enough to carry the entire episode. It's not a bad episode, but it's not a particularly good one either.

Aw, I remember watching this episode...I nearly cried when Brock had to let the Stantler go. :[
    This is probably one of my favorite episodes.
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

i like the sound that stantlers make they should be more often in the shows you know.

I love this episode!!
    I wished Brock could of caught stantler
    but great episode
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Aww, that baby Stantler was so cute! I kinda wish Brock had caught it, but it's better this way. (Even though I teared up a little when they parted ways). I loved him displaying his awesome breeder talents ^^ An excellent episode, I'd say!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

An excellent episode in which we have meet Stantler.I liked how this episode focused on Brock showing his skills and taking care of little Stantler and his trying to pretend he is Stantler was really funny.It was sad to see Broick and Stantler saying goodbye to each other.I wish he could have keep it but this was the best way to do it.

Same all ofligate Team Rocket,using giant robot to try to capture little Stantler,nbo wonder why they are always having problems with money.

This episode was one of the Johto gems for sure.

A great episode. It was a little disturbing the way called Stantler an "it". I know they call Pokemon that all the time but at that particular moment, it didn't seem right. Stantler was awesome, btw. ^^

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nice episode, why dint Brock catch Standler?
    it could be a great Pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It was a great episode. I really enjoyed seeing Brock use his breeding skills in taking care of the young, injured Stantler. I also thought that Stantler would end up staying with Brock, and I was extremely sad seeing Brock forcing Stantler to go back into the wild. I also thought that Brock's imitation of a Stantler was more like a cat. And I don't think that a huge robot was neccessary to capture a baby Stantler. But it was great when Stantler became reunited with its herd.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great episode. i loved how Brock took care of Stantler, it was great. and i also loved to see the united with it's mother.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

At the outset, this seems like it's going to be just another boring filler episode, and based on my memories of it prior to rewatching it, I thought that's all it was. After all, how do you make an interesting episode out of a Pok&#233;mon as boring as Odoshishi?

Well, color me surprised, 'cause this was actually a pretty decent Takeshi episode. The writers actually remembered that he's a Pok&#233;mon breeder, and thus understands the living habits of Pok&#233;mon - that scene at the beginning where he's trying to present himself as a Pok&#233;mon to Odoshishi is hilarious, and gave me the biggest laugh of the episode. And this episode isn't really big on laughs, but it's not supposed to be. It's more of a focus on Takeshi's relationship with Pok&#233;mon, and how he's devoted to helping them.

It's not a brilliant episode, but it's not terrible either. And as always, Musashi-tachi are guaranteed to be good for a giggle. (I love alliteration.) Nyasu flip-flopping on wanting to capture Odoshishi and finding him too cute to steal is a very nicely timed bit.

This episode has a more leisurely, wide-open feel to it. There's no characters of the day, there's virtually no Pok&#233;mon battles (aside from Iwaku and Fushigidane at the end, Odoshishi is the only Pok&#233;mon we see for most of the episode, not counting Pikachu, Togepi, and Nyasu, obviously). And even though it's a textbook case of the writers just showcasing one Pok&#233;mon for 24 minutes, at least they took the opportunity to put Takeshi to good use. That, if nothing else, makes this episode worthwhile.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

It seemed Filler-ish at first, but it was fine by the time I watched it all. I liked how Stantler was using illusions to make it appear as if an entire Stantler herd were present. You'd think the writers were done with illusions after the Hoot-hoot episode, but it still worked in this one. I wish Brock had caught the little Stantler; why must he always be outdone by everyone else? Ugh! 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th December 2010 at 2:41 AM.

The first time I saw this ep I really thought Brock was going to catch the little Stantler =/, this episode was nice and Brocky got some development, greatest breeder/doctor <3

9.5/10
    Last edited by RickHoenn; 12th September 2010 at 2:46 AM.

I actually enjoyed the use of illusions in this episode more than I did in the Hoothoot episode. It made Stantler more interesting than I thought it was when I originally saw it but i still find it a boring Pok&#233;mon nonetheless. It's too bad that Brock didn't catch this Stantler.

Quote Originally Posted by RickHoenn View Post

The first time I saw this ep I really thought Brock was going to catch the little Stantler =/, this episode was nice and Brocky got some development, greatest breeder/doctor <3

9.5/10
    I agree. I guess everybody was thinking that when they saw this episode. The two just seemed to click that well, and personally I found them a better match then Ash and some of his pokemon. Brock's roster should've been this at the end of Johto:

- Onix -> Steelix: Should've evolved around Mahogany Town to fight the Red Gyarados
    - Geodude -> Graveler: Should've evolved somewhere at the end of Kanto. Graveler -> Golem: Somewhere at the Whirl Islands
    - Zubat -> Golbat: Somewhere in Kanto. Golbat -> Crobat: after the Goldenrod Gymbattle.
    - Pineco -> Forretress
    - Stantler

So Brock's catch/evo-timeline would look like this:
    Kanto:
    Start - Onix, Geodude.
    Mt.Moon - Onix, Geodude, Zubat.
    After Celadon City - Onix, Geodude, Zubat, Vulpix.
    After Fuschia City/Safari Zone - Onix, Graveler, Zubat, Vulpix.
    After Viridian City - Onix, Graveler, Golbat, Vulpix.
    Johto:
    Start - Onix, Graveler, Golbat, Vulpix.
    Before Violet City - Onix, Graveler, Golbat, Vulpix, Stantler.
    Before Azalea Town - Onix, Graveler, Golbat, Vulpix, Stantler, Pineco.
    After Goldenrod City - Onix, Graveler, Crobat, Stantler, Pineco.
    After Whirl Islands - Onix, Golem, Crobat, Stantler, Pineco.
    At Lake of Rage - Steelix, Golem, Crobat, Stantler, Pineco.
    After Blackthorn City - Steelix, Golem, Crobat, Stantler, Forretress.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

Really didn't like this episode. Other than seeing Stantler for the 1st time, this was way to slow-moving for me. The Illusions were very odd. That baby Stantler was really cute.

8/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast