Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chikorita Rescue! (128)

Default Chikorita Rescue! (128)

Chikorita Rescue!

Heading to the Violet City Gym, Ash comes across a Wild Chikorita and battles it. But when it's hurt in battle he rushes it to the Pokémon Centre only to find Team Rocket are wanting that Chikorita for themselves. Will Ash protect Chikorita and maybe make a new friend?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Chikorita is one of my favorite pokemon, and this is a great episode for her. It's interesting that she showed no interest in Ash at all at first, and even bit him, but she soon came to really like him. Her battling with Charizard was pretty interesting, and I always laugh when I see the part where Charizard holds her back with his foot but she keeps trying to charge forward anyway.

It's too bad this is the last time to date that the twerps have done a motto. I think it's interesting that Ash made up a few lines this time around (I guess he's really been around Team Rocket too long ). They should have another twerp motto again someday, I really miss them.

Ah...yes...the first apperance of Chikorita...

i never really watched this episode well...i'd love to see it again...since it defentily will be EXCELLENT...like the TODODILE AND CYNDIQUIL...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Hales Guest

I wished I hadn't missed this episode, because Chikorita is one of my favourite Pokemon.

Shiny May Guest

It's a good episode and a nice way for Ash to catch Chikorita. I like that it ran away all the time and that it could stay warm in Ash's jacket. Really adorable scenes.
    Also funny when Ash had a big plan but didn't brought any pokemon along with him.
    A good episode 8.5/10

PokeFan4Ever7783 Guest

good episode! who would've thought this little one would've fell in love with Ash.

Another favoirte Jhoto episode of mine. Favorite moments were;

. Ash imatating Team Rockets Motto {I loved it when they did that, I wonder why the writers stoped. I mean you never see May/Max/Brock doing it these days, sadly}

. Ash being traped by Team Rocked and running away from them

. The jokes {A lot of the jokes were pretty funny}

So yes, over all I enjoyed the episode.

chiko got to love ash a lot sinece that episode im happy for that 10/10

merry christmas!

I'm glad Ash got Chikorita, it was bound to happen after they got stuck in the snowstorm

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

I found it rather amusing that before he even tried to capture Chikoriita, Satoshi shouted out that he was going to do it to anyone in the vicinity, just to make sure it didn't belong to any trainers or was illegal to catch due to being in a preserve or something like that. Dealing with stuff like that almost every episode, it's wonder he could even catch any Pokemon in this arc.

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

Very nice episode it's nice to see Ash caught himself a Chikorita. I've noticed that all of Ash's grass Pokemon tend to have a stubborn streak to them. I like how Ash made his own motto off TR's one and they got upset about it, i'm surprised he doesn't use it more in the series it fits him nicely. Ash's Chikorita is definitely a tough one it surprised both Bulbabasuar and Charizard in it's fights with them probably hurt their pride to. I like how Charizard stopped Chikorita's by just putting it's foot on Chikorita's head I got a laugh out of it, also nice to see Ash actually checked to see if that Chikorita actually belonged to someone before he tried to capture it.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Another fav. It was a super funny episode, but also very cute at the same time.

this episode was hilarious, there were alot of good jokes in it. 10/10.

I love this episode and kinda emotional..
    but still love it 8/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

I loved this episode- especially watching Charizard. I love watching him be a jerk every now and then, just to show that he hasn't mellowed that much, and stepping on Chikorita's head to hold it off was prime Charizard. Of course, watching him then get completely pwned by a Grass-type the size of his foot was pure comedy gold.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

^ I totally agree Seeing Chikorita take down Charizard was too funny!

I love that stubbon, hotheaded Chikorita. She's a good match for Ash. I'm glad he caught her
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This episode was made of win.Battle between Charizard and Chikorita was hilarious,especially the part when him put his foot on Chikoritas head just to get pwned few moments later by small but quite stubborn grass type.However im glad that in the end everything resolved in good way and im glad that Ash managed to capture Chikorita.I noticed that she is stubborn just like Bulbasaur,when you think about it every grass type pokemon which he has has that line of stubborness in them.Anyway it was interesting how first Chikorita couldnt stand Ash and than later on she started liking him becoming his friend.

I also like how Ash used moto against Team Rocket.I wish he could do it sometime again in the series.

Good episode. Chikorita was so adorable

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Yay Chikorita.

Chikorita is my favourite of all the Johto Pokemon, and i'm glad it got some decent episode, it's just a shame that it didn't continue.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Chikorita is cool. I like it when Ash gets Pokemon like this. Chikorita likes Ash, cool.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

I like chikorita, he's my fave second gen. starter...
    glad ash owns it after all
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I really enjoyed this episode. Chikorita is my favorite Johto starter and I was extremely when Ash got it. I liked how Ash made sure that Chikorita didn't belong to anybody before he captured it. When Charizard stuck his foot out to stop Chikorita was hilarious. It got even better when Chikorita ended up beating Charizard. Although, when Ash took care of the Chikorita during the snow storm, it was very heart-warming. And did anyone else notice that Meowth was driving the van? I wonder how he could reach the pedals.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This episode was good, I'm glad that Ash caught Chikorita here. Though seeing Chikorita in a snowy area was rare in my opinion.

Chikorita was cute, it was very stubborn.
    It almost even beat Ash's Charizard. i loved also how Ash was connected to it.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Man, Izumi Shimura seemed to be feeling lazy this week. There are a ton of wide shots and flashbacks in this episode, and they probably saved a bunch on animation costs. Which is just as well, 'cause just about every character is off-model at least once in this episode. That's the ugliest Lizardon I've seen in a while.

Still, this episode does have something going for it. Satoshi being forced to survive in the mountains without the aid of his Pok&#233;mon is an interesting twist for the story, and it makes for a very nice second act. (Incidentally, this is the second episode in a row where the story picked up substantially after the commercial break.) I like these episodes that involve snow; it's very good for creating melancholy atmospherics. Lots of grays and muted blues help add to the dramatic nature of Act II. The scene where Satoshi and Pikachu are stoking the fire in the cave, and Satoshi decides to go out and search for Chikorita alone, that's very effectively done. You really feel like this is a weighty decision for him. After everything he goes through to rescue Chikorita, no wonder she got attached to him.

This is also the second episode in a row to feature no characters-of-the-day. And again, I don't think this episode needed any. It's another "let's see what a character would do in this situation" episode, and this time, we see what lengths Satoshi will go to in order to secure a Pok&#233;mon's safety, even if it's a wild one. That shows you what a commendable character he is. He also gets the comedic highlight of the episode to himself - his spoof of the Rocket-dan motto. I lol'd when Nyasu chimes in at the end with "Nyaante na!" as usual, and Musashi clocks him upside the head.

I feel better about this capture episode than I did about the Heracross one. Mostly because I know that Chikorita is the only Jouto Pok&#233;mon on Satoshi's team who'll have anything resembling a character arc.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast