Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chikorita Rescue! (128)

I never really liked Chikorita in general; they're all so vain and stubborn. However by the time I watched this episode, I found some respect for the species. This episode was ok in general. At least Chikorita got some character development unlike Cyndaquil and Totodile got in their debuts. This one took place somewhere cold, that was a nice twist since Johto usually has average temperature. An ok episode, 6/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 10th November 2010 at 2:20 AM.

Chikorita is hands down one of the most adorable Pokemon that Ash has ever captured in the Anime. I love this pokemon for a lot of reasons and the most imortant one is that it gets jealous of Pikachu and almost always wants to hug Ash. One of the best pokemon to ever appear in the Anime. I really liked the episode becasue it set up the story for Chikorita down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by The 4th KIRA View Post
    I never really liked Chikorita in general; they're all so vain and stubborn.

This episode was ok. At least Chikorita got some character development unlike Cyndaquil and Totodile. This one took place somewhere cold, that was a nice twist.

An ok episode, 4/10
    Chikorita was pretty much the only johto pokemon of Ash's that got some character development, hence why it was the only that evolved.

Chikorita is one of the pokemon who needs the love from his trainer. Ash got it by thr end of the episode, save it- and won to get it. He really deserves it, if not by fight, so by becoming friends.

Ash always does it like that, and I think it's a great way. No need to defeat every pokemon.

Great episode! second catch for Ash! Chikorita was so stubborn, wow at that battle with Charizard! It was nice to see Ash saving the day by himself and his interaction with Pika & Chiko!!! 10/10

Ash was really smart in this episode for some reason. I was surpised on how long he was able to last by himself. But yes, Chikorita was the perfect Pokemon for him.

My ideal battle ever!

I didn't like this episode very much. The Charizard vs Chikorita fight was slightly entertaining but the rest of the episode was just pretty bland.

Gotta love how his newly caught Chikorita oneshotted his trained for two seasons.

I had really forgotten how strong it was, though Ash's pathetic tactics vs Falkner's Hoot-hoot was just sad.

I liked this episode. It was great to see Ash catch a female Chikorita that really liked him. The way he took care of her in this episode was really cool, another snow episode. The Chikorita/Charizard battle was very funny.

47/100

I really like Chikorita. She's my favorite starter along with Bulbasaur. And this episode is awesome! Totally brings me great memories.
    H E L L O
    L O S E R

Another very good episode. Awsome that Ash caught Chikorita it is so cute and shows alot of affection towards Ash.

10/10

Ash' Chikorita/Bayleef is my favourite character in the anime, great episode! Also cool to see how she defeated Charizard! And Chikorita running to Ash and kissing him at the end is so cute! 10/10!

I was never really interested in the idea of having Chikorita show so much affection for Ash. To be honest, Chikorita is my least favorite Johto starter only because I found Cyndaquil and Totodile to be far more interesting than her which is saying something since those two didn't have the most interesting of personalities either.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Ash's Chikorita is definitely a tough one, it surprised both Bulbasaur and Charizard in it's fights with them probably hurting their pride too. I like how Charizard stopped Chikorita by just putting it's foot on Chikorita's head, I gotta laugh out of that. Also, nice to see Ash actually check to see if that Chikorita actually belonged to someone before he tried to capture it.
    Last edited by Blessed; 8th September 2012 at 3:49 PM.

It's Quagsire!
    That was one strong Chikorita. Not only beating the Bulbasaur but also a Charizard! I liked how Team Rocket were so persistent to get Chikorita on their side. Ash's version of their motto was also funny! I wasn't too crazy about Ash getting Chikorita as a Pokemon. Reason being that if I remember correctly, Casey is seen in quite a few future episodes too, and I think they should have just let the grass starter be her thing! It would also be nice to see Ash catch a Pokémon without having to go through some emotional story with it first.

"Surrender now because we're not making anymore house calls." lol!

xxx

I love Chikorita. The affection is has for Ash and how strong she is, I absolutely enjoyed every moment that was centered around here. The battle between Chikorita and Charizard was good and it showed how strong Chikorita determination is. Then of course, Team Rocket comes - masquerading as emergency personal was lol too. The second part was good too and seeing how Ash was trying to help Chikorita during that snow storm validated him as a good trainer.

Haha. Chikorita was awesome in this episode. She was showing that she can do bad all by herself. But, it was cute at the end when she ran to Ash.

This is indeed a funny episode to me. I love that fighting spirit for Chicorita even when she is facing with a much more powerful Pokémon Lizardon. The way that Chicorita uses Tsuru No Muchi/ Vine Whip to trip Lizardon such that he uses Kaen Housha/ Flamethrower on Satoshi makes me keep laughing.

Impressive how this Chikorita wanted to keep fighting despite the beating it took.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

Chikorita snoozing in the grass at the start of this episode was so cute; too bad that her personality ruined any semblance of appreciation that I had for her. I liked seeing Charizard battle Chikorita, although I wish Charizard had beaten her with one attack. Seeing Ash and Pikachu huddled in a cave in a snowy area gave me "Snow Way Out!" vibes as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12