Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Once In A Blue Moon! (129)

Default Once In A Blue Moon! (129)

Once In A Blue Moon!

While polishing the GS Ball in Cherrygrove City, Ash soon finds that a Quagsire has stolen the GS Ball. Trying to get it back, he gets arrested for interfering in the Quagsire Festival where they get round things and send them upstream and the last back gives good luck. Will Ash get the GS Ball back?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Now to me I loved this episode not because of the plot it's just because I love quagsire!I'm not saying that the plots bad I just find it to be another one of those episodes that the plot is preety stale. But all I have is but one question. At the beginning of the episode when officer jeny stops the battle agaisnt quagsire and ash she says that the place was a quagsire preserve. Why is the quagsire habitat around there so special. I have one guess is that they don't want Ash & Co. messing around with the tradition that the quagsire do.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/5399191.jpg[/IMG]
    Anime Bish: Kagura from Gintama/Anime song: Alones from Bleach
    Many thanks to Kimmi the Awesome™ for the awesome banner.
    PM me if you wanna play me in Jump Ultimate Stars or Vs. me in PBR. ^-~

meggirl63 Guest

The part with the Quagsire launching those round objects into the sky while trying to reach the moon had a magical effect, especially for Ash and co.

I don't like quagsire very much (unlike woopers, which I find adorable), but otherwise this episode is okay. I do like the part when the quagsire suddenly shows up nodding agreement with the twerps, and when the quagsires keep literally slipping out of Team Rocket's grasp, but otherwise I didn't like them. It was nice to finally hear the music from the evolution song on the 2BA Master CD, though.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 08/21 NEW!! 8/22 NEW!! 8/24 both NEW!! 8/26
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I thought this episode was very funny. I just watched it on my DVD, too funny. My favorite moment in the episode is when quagsire jumps on Ash's face and won't let go LOL. I also love Chicorita's jealousy over Ash and another Pokemon. One of my favorite Jhoto episodes.

Good filler Johto ep, nothing interesting though

i love to see pokemon traditions and i sincerirly love this one

10/10

merry christmas!

Great episode, this one is, and very funny too, Quagsire usually seem to be like this all the time

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good episode, I got plenty of laughs out of Quagsire following Ash around trying to get the GS ball and of Team Rocket trying to capture tehm only to have them slip right out.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Man, watching the GS ball sparkle and get the closest to the moon in the Quagsire festival really makes you wonder. I also liked how they said the GS ball would be Ash's good luck charm.

Haha, yeah RIGHT. God, the GS ball is such a sad plothole. It actually showed promise back here.

The GS ball is Pokemon's biggest mystery. Unfortunately we will probably never know what was in it, maybe the writers didnt either.
    Need: Pokemon DP: Galactic Battles, Pokemon DP: Sinnoh League Victors, Arceus and the Jewel of Life

To Be Continued

Quagsire's faces pwn.

-MySpace-//-FaceBook-
    Friend Code: 0087-3328-7331
    Mud...kip?

the episode was very enjoyable. 8/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

this one had to be one my favorite Johto Journey episodes..
    really funny..
    10/10
    Love You ♥

Credit to Pink Skitty

Great episode, but there was one thing about it that annoyed me, and I'm wondering if this was something changed in the dub.

When they're talking to Professor Oak after being arrested, he apologizes to Jenny for not having warned them about the preserve, then yells at the kids for causing trouble by breaking the rules he never told them about. To make matters worse, Brock then blames Ash for the whole thing when all Ash was doing was trying to get the GS ball back; it was Misty who was trying to catch the Quagsire.

I know Ash isn't the brightest bulb on the tree, but it always annoyed me when they just immediately blamed him for everything that went wrong.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Quote Originally Posted by katfairy View Post
    When they're talking to Professor Oak after being arrested, he apologizes to Jenny for not having warned them about the preserve, then yells at the kids for causing trouble by breaking the rules he never told them about. To make matters worse, Brock then blames Ash for the whole thing when all Ash was doing was trying to get the GS ball back; it was Misty who was trying to catch the Quagsire.
    I wasn't particularly fond of that moment, either >_< I guess things got a bit mixed up in the heat of the moment? Either way, at least they got the GS Ball returned ^^
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Eh I didn't like this at all. Just another one of those fillers I didn't like.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I love this one, quagsire is a cute pokemon....the eyes<3
    and glad Ash got his GS ball back
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked this episode. I personally find Quagsire to be a fairly interesting pokemon. I really enjoyed the part where Chikorita showed its affection towards Ash. I also enjoyed watching the Quagsire escape from Team Rocket, and shot rocks at them. I thought it was pretty clever. I am also glad that they managed to get the GS ball back. Hopefully Ash learns to be more carefull with it.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

One of the best Johto Journeys episodes since the Pokemon that debuted has a fun attitude. Quagsire was really enjoyable, as it took the GS Ball like it was nothing special haha. I don't particularly like the rest of the story but the Quagsire's antics were funny and I started to enjoy Quagsire as a Pokemon because of this episode. A good Johto Filler, which is hard to come by. 7/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 12:18 AM.

This was an interesting premise for an episode. Nuoh covets round things and steals the GS Ball (back when we all thought it was going to be important), which is a pretty decent idea - although I wonder why they chose Nuoh as the Pok&#233;mon of the day for this episode. As far as I can recall, there's nothing in the games about it liking round objects, and I suspect they just chose it at random.

Also, this episode features an aspect of the Jouto episodes that was present in the Donfan and Kereihana episodes that I didn't mention then, but still really bugs me - whenever they debut an evolved Pok&#233;mon before its base form, they don't mention its base form at all. All these Nuoh running around and we don't even hear anyone mention Upaa, let alone see one. I suspect this was done deliberately, so that each Pok&#233;mon could be treated as a standalone creature and guarantee that they'd get one episode devoted exclusively to them and them alone. Gotta get as many episodes as we can out of this saga - why burn off Upaa and Nuoh in one episode when we can split 'em into two?

This episode isn't stellar, but it does have its laugh-out-loud moments. The stuff with Musashi-tachi is good, of course, and again, they provide the highlight of the episode - trying to snare the slippery Nuoh and reciting their motto with increasing frustration at the same time. That's bravura voice acting from both Hayashibara Megumi and Shin'ichirou Miki right there.

Also, that scene on the bridge where Nuoh just shows up out of nowhere and makes a grab for the GS Ball, and Chikorita goes ballistic at the prospect of anybody else hugging her Satoshi - that made me laugh too. Already, Chikorita is showing more signs of personality in two episodes than Heracross has shown in ten.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

This was great episode, i love Quagsire.

I think Ash could capture that Quagsire, but it didn't happen.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

That's the Quesgsire's river, and no was was able to enter. I expected Ash and Co to ask someone, but they were wrong. At least the GS ball hasn't been stolen, eventually.

Amazing Episode! I luv Quagsire! <3 and I think it was a magic episode, loved when they throw the balls at the cascade with the moon shining! and Ash got the last item! Chikorita has a crush on Ash!!!

10/10

Oh right, that GS Ball episode. I didn't really like this episode too much. I always drift off whenever it airs and stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast