Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Whistle Stop! (130)

Default The Whistle Stop! (130)

The Whistle Stop!

In a forest, Ash meets a girl and her group of Ledyba who tend the gardens and follow the girl's whistle. However in a battle with Team Rocket, all the Ledyba dispel and its up to Ash & Co. to find it. Can they?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Melissa Guest

This ep was was just another dull filler.
    Last edited by Melissa; 31st July 2005 at 1:31 AM.

ummm,this ep was stupid.Or maybe I just don`t like Ladyba

Another lackluster Johto filler. Horrible.

Apart from "A Farfetch'd Plan" (my least favorite episode), this is my least favorite episode of season three, because it's incredibly dull and absolutely nothing happens. It's a little too typical of season three, which is my least favorite season. The only real highlights of the episode are Brock's affection for Ariel, and Meowth charming Arbok with the whistle. Oh, and the Antiques Roadshow bit was funny too.
    My Shinies:
    Currently hunting/MM'ing:

Ariel is definitely the filler character I hate the most. It's not because she looks like a sissy dyke (they're supposed to contradict each other), she has to be so stuckup with her stupid whistle. "Oh, you cant use it! It's been in my family for generations!" Why not get another whistle for the guests, girl? I can imagine how many people want to play that whistle. And worst of all, she even bothers TR about her stupid whistle
    Times like this, I'm glad fillers never appear again.

I agree. This episode is one of the worst filler eps ever. The only thing good about it are the Ledyba. They are so cute.

it was ok the story ling could have been better

When life gives you lemons make lemonade, when life gives you money then goddamn it just go and buy the freakin lemonade.

A very boring episode, they could have done a little better, but it's alright enough for me

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A good episode I throughly enjoyed it, I like how they had the Ledyba were used to pollinate the Apple Orchard, just like farmers use Ladybugs and Bees in real life to do it. Also Ariel is quite cute to.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

In the topic of this episode, I came across something interesting. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but at the part where James is being eaten by his Victreebel, he says something that didn't sound quite right. I decided to play it backward and found that it was a case of back masking. I played it backward, and as far as I could understand it, it said, “You good nothing fool kids are the devil, be opened up.” This episode is currently on Toonami Jetstream, and it is in part four of four. If you want to, you can record it and listen to it backward yourself. I don’t know how to share my files on this forum, or else I would. Let me know what you think it says, or even if there is a way to share the file. If you don’t know how to get to jetstream, here’s the link: http://www.toonamijetstream.com/inde...onType=browser

James says "Leo Burnett and 4-Kids are the devil", I listened to it on Youtube.

Meh. I never really critisize (SP?) the Anime. I like it all. I enjoyed it. .

ledyba's really don't look real for a pokemon and that just made it worse. 6/10.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

This episode was rather bad ._. I don't like Ledyba anyway.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Nah...i dint like this episode..Ledyba is boring..
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

It's true! There really is a backward message that says "Leo Burnett and 4-kids are the devil"

Not the best episode and Ledyba is a really dull Pokemon.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I thought this episode was okay. I liked how Ledyba were used to pollinate the apple orchard. However, i thought Ariel was being a little stuck up for not letting Ash use the whistle only because it's been in her family for generations. Then, i was a little happy when Team Rocket toook the whistle. Serves her right. I also liked Meowth controlling Arbok with the whistle. I also found it odd that she has had the Ledyba for so long, and they never listened to a voice command until now.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Yawn, Ledyba, boring. They're pretty much useless for anything besides pollinating orchards, so it's beyond me why Team Rocket would actually want to steal them. Then they get wooped by the Ledyba. Oh god, will this nightmare ever end? Terribly boring filler, and Team Rocket is pathetic to get whipped by a bunch of ladybugs.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Good episode, i loved those Ledyba.

And TR was so mean to them (Arbok) but i was happy to see the Ledyba returning to their trainer.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Kinda bland to be honest, Ledyba had a lot of potential in the anime but it was reduced to playing a small role in this Filler episode. I liked the whole "trained with a whistle" concept, it's just that it could've been planned better. Maybe they could've had several Bug-types featured in this episode and not just Ledyba. A 3/10 because it wasn't a fun Filler.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 12:16 AM.

This is my favorite kind of Jouto episode - the kind that makes up for its lack of a decent plot with a lot of funny Rocket-dan stuff. It's got a lot in common with the Kereihana episode in that regard. Right from the beginning, Musashi-tachi steal the show with Nyasu's crude kindergarten drawing-style fantasy of what'll happen to Satoshi-tachi when they cross the bridge (which had me giggling like a fool, I'll admit it). And then they get all the really great scenes throughout the rest of the episode, too. This episode's prerequisite "laugh out loud" moment belonged to them, when the entire swarm of Ledyba buzzes so hard that they spray all their collected pollen onto them, then flies too low through the forest and drags them along the ground.

It's a perfect example of what Musashi, Kojirou, and Nyasu can do to rescue an episode from mediocrity. And this episode was dangerously close to swimming in it, as Mokoto is a rather unengaging character. Though I will give her this, she's got more depth than her Ledyba. Seriously, the six of them act as a single unit throughout the entire episode, and never come close to exhibiting anything resembling a personality. If the aim of each Jouto episode is to take one Generation II Pok&#233;mon, show it to the audience, and say "Look how cool this thing is" for 24 minutes, then this episode didn't even come close to pulling it off. Maybe they figured since Ledyba had already been shown off in the Pikachu short from the second movie earlier in the year, they could get away with dumping it in a boring story like this 'cause everyone had already seen it. (That'd certainly help to explain why the Donfan, Kereihana, and Hoho episodes were so dull; I guess the Bull episode was a fluke.)

Still, there was one moment from the Satoshi-tachi stuff that made me laugh. When Takeshi sends out his Zubat to look for the Ledyba, Satoshi says "Zubat?" like he forgot that Takeshi even had one. Again, it's like the show is slyly commenting on itself.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

This episode wasn't one of my favorites, but I'm happy Lickitung got screentime in it. Not to mention Arbok, but Jessie used Arbok in almost every episode.
    The part I love was toward the end, when Ariellle hugged her Ledyba. Nice.

LOL "Leo Burnett and 4Kids are the Devil!"????? Someone got rebellious towards the end of their contract!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast