Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fighting Flyer With Fire! (133)

A good episode! When I saw Falkner's Pidgeot It reminded me of Ash's Pidgeot which was referenced shortly after. Made me sad how Ash keeps saying he'll see his Pidgeot again when he never does. He promised after OI he'd come back for it. Anyway the gym battle was intense, especially the final one. Glad Ash won his first Johto badge!

So Falkner was Rudy's voice, no wonder it sounded familiar.
    Last edited by Blessed; 4th September 2012 at 4:11 AM.

It's Marill!
    Finally they get to the Violet City Gym! That was one good battle, and Falkner's Gym looks so much better in the Animé than it did in the games. I feel sorry for the new Johto trainers though, if Falkner's going to be that tough. Quite powerful considering he's the first Gym Leader of the region. Team Rocket getting pecked in the end was funny!

xxx

A good episode. A total turnaround if you compare Ash's first gym battle in Kanto and now this one in Johto. I loved the battle and it was solid to see both older Pokémon like Charizard and newer Pokémon like Chikorita to see. Also a nice addition is that Falkner has both 1st and second generation Pokémon under his disposal.

Falkner scares me. (O.O) He talks so fast and angry, but he is a good battler. And it's nice that they showed a flashback of Pidgeot.

Great gym battle. This episode was a great way to show off a gym leaders power.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

Thanks Fairywitch for the button!

Another big mistake from Satoshi as he sends out Chicorita against a flying type Pokémon. Especially he has Pikachu which could took out two of Hayato's Pokémon. Lizardon performed average but not too impressive as he could have won easily. Overall I think that battle should be Satoshi using two Pokémon to take out three Hayato's Pokémon.

For a first gym battle in a region this one was pretty awesome! Especially Pidgeot versus Charizard.
    I wonder what exactly happened when Charizard hurt his wing?
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I remember being surprised that Falkner used a Pidgeot against Ash here; I didn't expect the first Johto Gym Leader to have a fully-evolved Pokemon is all. Anyway, I liked Hoothoot versus Chikorita if only because type advantage won in the end, and I didn't expect Falkner's Dodrio to be so agile. It was an interesting Gym match.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123