Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fighting Flyer With Fire! (133)

This one was kind of weird because it sounded like they kept saying pekachu, lol. I think that Falkner was yelling to much and he should have taken the battle nice nd easy.

~*Olivertwist*~
    [IMG]http://i25.*******.com/iz99n8.png[/IMG]

Excellent episode it was nice seeing Ash win his first Johto Badge against Falkner, I was cheering for him all the way in that intense battle. Nice to see Chikorita being used more to bad it lost it's first official gym match. Anyone else catch the little mess up in the dub when Ash is talking about his Pidegot, he mentioned something along the lines of the Fearow harassing a bunch of Pidgeot when in fact it was Pidegy and Pidegotto, anyway i'm sure it wasn't intentional. To bad we never see Ashes Pidegot again in the series it would've been nice to to actually see him use it in a Gym battle.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Mm, I like this one. Hayato is an evil ******* of a leader, something we don't see particularly often, and Lizardon puts up one hell of a fight, getting knocked down constantly, but always getting back up for more. He's the John McClane of the Pokemon anime.

gym battles are allways good to watch at, i give this a 8/10.

Another good episode with great gym battle between Ash and Falkner.Too bad that Chikorita lost,i was hoping she would win the battle against Hoot Hoot.However Charizard was fantastic in the battle against Pidgeot,no matter how manny time he falls down he continues to get up like hes indestructible.It was very smart from Ash when he used Falkners strategy against him with Charizard using fire spin.One of the best gym battles for sure in this region and Falkners personality was cool and unique.There should be more gym leaders like him.

I wish at least one of Falkners Pokemon could have been the same as in the games. But then again, Ash would have creamed them. But for a beginning trainer? These Pokemon are unacceptable.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

I like this episode, Falkner is kinda cute ^_^;
    it was a good battle between Ash and him
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I think Chikorita could have lasted a little longer if Ash had done some training with it.

Overall it was a good match though.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

I liked how Ash used Chikorita to go up against a Hoothoot that he probably thought was fairly weak after seeing his Pidgeot help Falkner earlier in the show. I wish Ash would have trained Chikorita more, because Chikorita didn't stand a chance against Hoothoot. And as far as Pikachu goes, i really didn't think he did anything amazing...other than jumping off Dodrio. I think Pikachu just overpowered Hoothoot and Dodrio with its electric attacks. Now as far as the Charizard vs. Pidgeot battle goes, it was amazing. However, I really never understood what happened to Charizard's wing but am glad he overcame it. Falkner's Pidgeot was superb. Its speed should have won the match, but Ash being the genius that he is (sarcasm), was able to outsmart Falkner. I also like how Ash acknowledges his Pidgeot earlier in the show. But i still wonder why he never went to see it after his trip to the Orange Islands.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Seeing Falkner's Pidgeot, then Ash's Pidgeot, made me wish that we had seen Ash's a lot more. Falkner was pretty arrogant - more than I enjoy in a Gym Leader - so I'm glad Ash won. Idiot... Chikorita vs. Hoothoot is not a winning combination e_e Kinda wish Falkner's animé team was the same one as he had in the games... but then again, a Dodrio and Pidgeot in the same battle would probably be too much for new trainers to handle. Also, seeing Charizard in the opening Gym battle... o_O Weird.

Strange episode, too many fully-evolved Pokémon. Again, glad Ash won.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Great gym battle. the battle was great, especially with Charizard. it was the best.
    And poor Chikorita. it lost in his first gym battle...
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Well, a good first Johto gym battle I suppose. Falkner helping to save Pikachu at the start was a cool thing to see and a great way for him to debut. In the battle though, Charizard took a beating for Falkner's Pidgeot, which was awkward since Charizard is always so powerful. I loved Falkner in the anime by the way, his English voice was perfect. 8/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:14 AM.

This episode and the gym battle is quite good. I've also noticed this is also the first gym battle to have a referee as none of the Kanto gyms did.

Quote Originally Posted by CliveKoopa View Post
    This episode and the gym battle is quite good. I've also noticed this is also the first gym battle to have a referee as none of the Kanto gyms did.
    Hmm I've never really noticed that before. Good eye!
    I felt really bad for Chikorita. It had a major weakness and it still battled hard.

Good episode . Poor chikorita, it lost fast. Charizard really suffered ...But as always - won!

This was an awesome episode! first gym battle and it took 14 episodes, one of the first gaps and something that would become signature from now on.

Chikorita VS Hoothoot: oh man Chiko fell pretty fast, first gym battle, type disadvantage.
    Pikachu VS Hoothoot: Pika wins, yay
    Pikachu VS Dodrio: Dodrio was surprising lol, Pika got scared haha
    Pikachu VS Pidgeot: Pika has no chance! D:<
    Pidgeot VS Charizard: Amazing battle, last gym battle for Charizard for a while (until the 8th gym to be exact)

Johto gyms were awesome and Ash really battled well.

10/10

Amazing Gym Battle!

WHY CAN'T I SEE MY OTHER POST? D:< XD

but yeah the first johto battle was amazing! Chiko's 1st and Charizard's last for a while and Pika did well

10/10

This was Charizard's best episode because of how hard it faught. Falkner was sort of asking for a lost with that arrogant attitude of his towards the end.

My ideal battle ever!

This is one of the better gym battles in Johto but not of my favorites. The battle between Charizard and Pidgeot didn't feel that exciting to be honest. It's good to see Ash getting his first badge in Johto though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Really cool gym battle episode! Ash definitely wasn't thinking when using Chikorita against Hoothoot especially for a gym battle. The battles between Pikachu and Dodrio, and Hoothoot were great. Charizard vs Pidgeot was awesome! I liked the way Charizard ended up defeating it.

69/100

I liked how Falkner saved Ash's Pikachu. It made me think that he would be a really nice Gym Leader.

However, I didn't like Falkner in the rest of this episode. I hated how he would scold Ash when he sent out Chikorita against Hoothoot. Falkner was actually a hypocrite, because just before that he said that he hates it when people say flying types can never beat electric types.

Falkner may be one of my favourite Johto Gym Leaders in the games and Pokespecial, but I do not like anime Falkner.

Really cool gym battle. Chickorita fell very quick to HootHoot. Pikachu was in this battle no suprise there. Charizard vs Pidgeot was very epic.

10/10

0819-0749-1759 is my Pokemon Diamond friend code.

Talking

lol a Dodrio that jumps so high its like its flying i love it.
    My White FC : 1077 0675 0836

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast