Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For Crying Out Loud! (134)

It started off weird but it got really emotional as things went on. Misty said she disliked Marill because it was a crybaby, but she seemed to have bonded with the little blue rat throughout the episode. Anyway, once again, I wanted Misty to capture the Water-type Pokemon featured in this episode, but it didn't happen since it belonged to someone already. This episode ended with Marill going back to it's trainer and I was mildly disappointed. It's too bad. 6/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 20th December 2010 at 11:46 PM.

I think Misty should have captured the Marill.
    At least she helped it to return to its home. It's good aswell.

Great development for Misty showing her soft side, cool episode overall Brock & Wilhemina would have been a great couple. Marill was annoying omg... xD

9/10

This episode just made me dislike Marill even more than I already did. I generally don't like episodes that stars some whiny Pokémon. This episode wasn't very interesting in the first place anyway.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Didn't like this episode. Man oh man, that Marrill was really a crybaby, the title really fits! It definitely did show Misty's soft side however. Too bad the Marrill was owned by a trainer or else it would've been cool to see Misty catch the Marrill.

12/100

Great episode to develp Misty's soft side. The Marril was a big crybaby. I would of liked the Marril to be wild so Misty could be able to catch it. I did not really like the episode though.

5/10

Great episode! Misty had a great role in it! Marill should've been given to Misty, they really bonded. Marill was an annoying **** and a cute Pokemon at the same time. It really gives fans a "love/hate relationship" with Marill. And there was finally a woman who loved Brock! At one side, they should've got married, but at the other side, that would mean Brock couldn't travel trough Jotho with Ash and Misty anymore, which would have been horrible, because Brock is awesome!

I think it was boring, my opinion only =3.
    Its all about Pokemon =3. And ya know it.

My Team Bruv.

It's Sentret!
    This was an interesting episode, not much happened but it was fun to watch. Mainly because it was based more on Misty, Marill and Pikachu. That Marill was so useless, Misty had to work so hard for it, and she couldn't even keep it. Team Rocket's second appearance was funny, "Who was you expecting, the wizard of oz?" lol. The ending was sad, but Marill had to go back to it's trainer. :< And lol Wilhelmina actually took an interest to Brock, I'm surprised he didn't jump in the car with her!

xxx

Aww, Brock and Wilhelmina would be a good couple. I also loved Misty's character development. It isn't quite noticeable unfortunately to see much character development from Misty in Johto. The crybaby was ;( ;( and all over again. Good filler episode. Definitely stands out in the ordinary " rescue fillers" episodes.

Ah this brings back memories. One of best Misty focused episodes in while series, showing nice contrast to her temperament side and close bond she established with Marill helping her to better understand water pokemon. Episode was interesting, packed with emotion and provided some great development for Misty character being touching when she had to say goodbye to Marill.

Considering how much she liked Marill wanting him, its interesting she got finally its pre evolved form later in AG. Writers did excellent job with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    Aww, Brock and Wilhelmina would be a good couple. I also loved Misty's character development. It isn't quite noticeable unfortunately to see much character development from Misty in Johto. The crybaby was ;( ;( and all over again. Good filler episode. Definitely stands out in the ordinary " rescue fillers" episodes.
    Yep, sadly Misty didn't received enough development in this saga, especially regarding her water master career. Though she still got some good growth in my book. I noticed she gradually started to mature(start was already in Orange Islands) becoming confident enough to get over her complex of inferiority caused by sisters not being bothered much about it(later helping others like Sakura how to deal with their older siblings for example),improved her battle skills and became more self critic admitting her own mistakes compared to early days.

Out of whole Johto, she had best treatment in Master Quest imo getting pretty food focus there but to not spoil further watch i won't say much about it.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 9th September 2012 at 4:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemon fan 132 View Post
    Ah this brings back memories. One of best Misty focused episodes in while series, showing nice contrast to her temperament side and close bond she established with Marill helping her to better understand water pokemon. Episode was interesting, packed with emotion and provided some great development for Misty character being touching when she had to say goodbye to Marill.

Considering how much she liked Marill wanting him, its interesting she got finally its pre evolved form later in AG. Writers did excellent job with this one.

Yep, sadly Misty didn't received enough development in this saga, especially regarding her water master career. Though she still got some good growth in my book. I noticed she gradually started to mature(start was already in Orange Islands) becoming confident enough to get over her complex of inferiority caused by sisters not being bothered much about it(later helping others like Sakura how to deal with their older siblings for example),improved her battle skills and became more self critic admitting her own mistakes compared to early days.

Out of whole Johto, she had best treatment in Master Quest imo getting pretty food focus there but to not spoil further watch i won't say much about it.
    I go as far to say that Johto's reputation and pillars are all centered around Master Quest. Three gym battles, two times a serious Team Rocket arc, that Water cup and probably the best league (Sinnoh gets close there) out of all seasons. Nothing can beat back to back Gary and Harrison battle's.

Quote Originally Posted by 7threst View Post
    I go as far to say that Johto's reputation and pillars are all centered around Master Quest. Three gym battles, two times a serious Team Rocket arc, that Water cup and probably the best league (Sinnoh gets close there) out of all seasons. Nothing can beat back to back Gary and Harrison battle's.
    Yep, Whirl islands arc, Whirl Cup, TR arcs, gym battles like Clair's and amazing league with Ash against Gary clash being legendary were highlights of Johto saga.
    Im in complete agreement with you about this.

Excellent episode focusing on Misty, I really loved seeing her develop a little bit more of her softer side with Marill & Pikachu. Misty traveling with Marill and taking care of it was a little foreshadowing for when she gets her Azurill later in the series. Very cute how when Ash rescued Misty with Chikorita's vine whip, it was in the shape of a heart. Brock trying to impress Wilhelmina was really hot and it was actually working with no Misty interference. They made a really cute couple.

Lol, Bulbsaur's vines making a heart. Anyways, it was funny to see a Water Pokemon annoy Misty for the first time other than Psyduck. I was the same way, but the ending was sad. Remembers me of the episode when Iris befriended the Deino for some reason.

I liked this episode, I also wished Misty caught the Marill, and I liked that Wilhelmina (can't spell) liked Brock

Quote Originally Posted by Pookachomp View Post
    Nice episode! Marril disliked Misty at first but ended up liking her at the end. ^^

9/10 for the excitement and humor!

And ohhh, non-pokeshipping fans, don't chew me out for this but, kinda funny how "Misty's Song" is played as the background music moments before seeing this:

Notice there's a heart? Misty's in it? Ash's pokemon bringing her in to him?! Haha! Silly little find.
    Alright, I admit, it does kind of look like a heart. But, this is just my opinion, I personally doubt the writers had.... those intentions.
    Then again, I'm not a shipper so, I guess, who am I to talk?

Anywho, that Marill sure cried a lot. With how attached to it Misty got in the end, had it not already belonged to someone else, I think she should have caught it.
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12