Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charizard's Burning Ambition! (136)

It was a sad episode It took a lot of guts for Ash to do that. Overall, the episode gets a 9.5/10.
    Steel Monotype Challenge

Lv. 21 (Mimi), Lv. 20 (Kohai) Lv. 21 (Bozu)

Spoiler:- Current Challenges:

[IMG]http://i37.*******.com/263bu38.png[/IMG] <(Credit goes out to Darkrai00 for making this)

this is one of my fav episodes but it sucks that charizard left

Signature Stuff
        Spoiler:- undefined:

Great episode, but it was sad when Charizard left...
    But i loved those big Charizard, they were realy strong.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Interesting to see an anime location that isn't in the games.

I loved this episode. It was a perfect way to release Charizard though if I may say, Ash could've trained Charizard himself.

I liked how even the female Charizard was stronger than Ash's Charizard. Well, the ending where Ash and Co. run away from the valley was epic and sad. 9/10

I think this needed to happen. Ash was a good trainer around that period but anyone could admit that their were better trainers around. Watching this episode now is easier to watch than when it first aired becasue I know that it will come back. (Stronger and Better than ever)

It was embarrassing to see Charizard losing to a those big Charizards. Ash should have returned it to its pokeball.

A desire it's not enough. It's good that Charizard stayed there.

This was a tough episode to watch. I was sad to see charizard left there but I understood Ash's intentions. At least it comes back every once in a while for epic battles and such.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

Oh Charizard! A lot of people thought it was gone forever, Sad but amazing episode still! Liza was hot 10/10

In the beginning of this episode, Ash's friends were acting like the people in the spoiler section of these threads do about the Takuto incident. They thought that if Ash kept on using Charizard it would be like using a legendary and that's why the writers got rid of it. So unfair.
    Last edited by Caseydia; 22nd November 2010 at 9:10 PM.

My ideal battle ever!

Charizard got his *** whooped. Twice. It was nice seeing Charizard as a comedy relief character though (He had been doing just that in Johto though). Good to know that Charizard's flame doesn't go out when it goes into water though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

this was an ok episode. It really showed how weak Charizard was compared to the other Charizard in the Charisific Valley. It was really sad seeing Charizard leave and only come back for special episodes and special gym battles/tournament. Charla was really cool.

20/100

This episode was brilliant. Cool to see Charizard to be really weak for one compared to everyone as he is the strongets normally. Sad to see Charizard go.

10/10

Sad to see Charizard go. About the start of the episode: nothing is wrong with using Charizard against weak opponents: Charizard is strong and using it is fair and square. Sad to see Charizard being weak compared to the other Charizard in the valley...

I went ahead to watch this episode again before I commented.

It was more awesome as a kid, but it's still not bad an episode. It was nice to see just how prideful Ash's Charizard really was, and he learned the hard way just how too proud he is. I actually forgot that Team Rocket put off capturing any other Pokémon for the sake of pulling Charizard together. That's what was more captivating about the episode than anything else, it's what was worth it.

But wow, Ash really was a bit harsh there. The narrator at least wrapped it up properly with a good explanation for it, and I have to admit, I would've thought the same thing. Thankfully, though, it was one of his better decisions, as Charizard would get stronger the next time we would see him.

It's not a favorite of mine, but it was rather upsetting to see Charizard be put on a bus just to train. At least he came back every now and then.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

It's Sunflora!
    That Charisific Valley sure looked good. It must be quite scary for Liza working with all those wild Charizard, but she seemed like a tough character! Team Rocket were quite funny in this episode, being nice just to help out another 'loser'. It's sad to see Charizard go, but Ash didn't need to be such a drama queen about it!

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    It's Sunflora!
    That Charisific Valley sure looked good. It must be quite scary for Liza working with all those wild Charizard, but she seemed like a tough character! Team Rocket were quite funny in this episode, being nice just to help out another 'loser'. It's sad to see Charizard go, but Ash didn't need to be such a drama queen about it!
    If a trainer has to release a Pokemon and say goodbye to a friend, it's very sad. Why do you call Ash a drama queen because of that? I understand Ash, because even though Charizard didn't always listen, he was still a good friend of Ash!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaMilotic View Post
    If a trainer has to release a Pokemon and say goodbye to a friend, it's very sad. Why do you call Ash a drama queen because of that? I understand Ash, because even though Charizard didn't always listen, he was still a good friend of Ash!
    I can understand why he got sad and ran away crying, but I don't understand the part where he felt he needed to be mean by saying "Who wants a weak Charizard anyway?" If anything he could have left Charizard with words of encouragement, rather than attempting to leave on bad terms. I know a Pokémon like Charizard may get motivated by that and want to get stronger, but it doesn't change the fact that Ash was quite harsh before leaving a Pokémon he may never see again.

xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Calamitу View Post
    I can understand why he got sad and ran away crying, but I don't understand the part where he felt he needed to be mean by saying "Who wants a weak Charizard anyway?" If anything he could have left Charizard with words of encouragement, rather than attempting to leave on bad terms. I know a Pokémon like Charizard may get motivated by that and want to get stronger, but it doesn't change the fact that Ash was quite harsh before leaving a Pokémon he may never see again.
    I see your point but I must say that I disagree. Ash said those words because his heart was so broken for leaving Charizard although he knew he had to do it. He just wasn't able to encourage Charizard at the moment and i'm sure you would understand if you would be in a situation like Ash. Ash propably said those words also because he thought that it was the only way Charizard would stay in Chariziric Valley. He was wrong, but he meant absolutely nothing but pure good. And also with his words he wanted to encourage Charizard to fulfill his dream and become stronger than he ever was. And Charizard also knew at least very soon that Ash didn't mean that "Who wants a weak Charizard anyway" and he also new that Ash was heartbroken because he left Charizard. And one of the most important reasons: Sometimes to help people you really care about you have to hurt them. And it shows a real and strong frienship that you hurt your friend to help him. And I'm sure that Charizard knows this as do Ash.
    Welcome back Charizard! I've missed you so much! <3

A sad episode when Charizard had to go.. but Ash always depended on it for being his strongest when he had others he could work for.. I liked Charizards determination and how it stayed up all night.

One of the saddest episodes... I remember that I've felt so bad when I had seen that it isn't the same finale as in "Pikachu's Goodbye"... But it was the right thing to do for Charizard; Ash's sacrifice and Charizard's work had paid off.

The saddest episode of the whole Pokemon anime.
    Goodbye Charizard, one of Ash's most loyal Pokemon and Ash's strongest and greatest Pokemon ever. I will always miss you and hope that you will still come back someday.

Quote Originally Posted by StarDestroyer View Post
    The saddest episode of the whole Pokemon anime.
    Goodbye Charizard, one of Ash's most loyal Pokemon and Ash's strongest and greatest Pokemon ever. I will always miss you and hope that you will still come back someday.
    He is simply amazing. I crave for another "Gathering the Gang of Four" episode.

Quote Originally Posted by silent_control View Post
    He is simply amazing. I crave for another "Gathering the Gang of Four" episode.
    Welcome to my world. XD

I just watched this episode late last night.
    I forgot how funny the beginning of the episode is, even Ash's Charizard was funny and he had much more interactions with Ash then in previous episodes.
    Team Rocket were funny when they said "losers got to stick together" or something like that and they wanted to get beat.
    The ending of the episode was sad seeing Ash leave Charizard and not wanting to look back, as well as Charizard giving Pikachu a thumbs up before he left.
    Even though he returns, it was still sad to see him leave the team.

Ash: Now I choose you!
    Electro Ball!

-Pikachu: PikaPika-Chu-Pi!-

I'm suffice it to say that I'm really grateful the writers decided to not scrap Charizard totally, but at least giving him some appearances later on into the series - even going as far to bring him back during the Kanto Battle Frontier. It was emotional to see Ash's powerhouse to go, but at least with some sort of reason. Not like what happened with Primeape that was given away and never to be seen again.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast