Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Charizard's Burning Ambition! (136)

Bye bye Charizard. See you when you get stronger. This is for the best for it. But, Ash didn't have to call it weak. I know he wanted Charizard to stay, but that wasn't needed. The ending was good.

This episode really made me angry as a kid. Back then, I didn't realise it was a plot device to get rid of Charizard and replace him with a Johto equivalent. I still don't like this episode that much though, as they made Charizard really weak just for this one episode. Struggling to be able to fly with Ash on him was just complete bull*******. We all knew he was Ash's best Pokemon. Sure, he comes back in the occassional Gym and League episode, but things were never quite the same.

5/10

I am fine with Satoshi leaving his Lizardon there for training because he needs to be stronger. Nice to see that he did have an improvement after the training. But I think somehow he is too over powered compared to other Pokémon he owns that should not be too big difference in my opinion.

Dang it, Ash! Why must you give up a Pokemon just when I start taking a liking to it?!
    I know Charizard comes back a few times in future episodes, so it's not all bad.
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

This has to be one of the best episodes ever made. That emotional moment when Ash left Charizard behind brought tears to my eyes. Just to make things clear: i was about ten years old when i first saw this episode (i am 23 now). But later on during Ash' journey it was proven this was the right thing to do, Charizard came back as his strongest Pokémon. Yeah even stronger than Pikachu, i doubt that little thing would be able to defeat Charizard if they were to fight.
    "You need stomping. And I'm a Stomptologist."

"Trust me, any problem comes up, I'll stomp it into next week! I'll Bowserize it!"

"Count Bleck, Floro Sapiens, whatever... Stomping fools is my business! Show me a fool, and I'll stomp it! I don't even need a reason!"

Ash and Charizard flying to the valley was odd in my opinion; Charizard's comical facial expressions were out of character for him in my opinion. Anyway, Ash's overconfidence bugged me, and I actually felt really bad for Ash's Charizard when it got beaten. Team Rocket's support of Charizard was endearing though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234