Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grin To Win! (137)

Default Grin To Win! (137)

Grin To Win!

When meeting a trainer who wants to take part in a Sunflora contest, they find out that her best Sunflora is really depressed. It turns out it misses a friend Sunflora. Can Ash & Co. find the long lost Sunflora before the Contest?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

This is another one of those third season episodes that I'm not all that fond of because nothing really happens in it. It did have a few good moments- Brock thinking one sunflora is on steroids, the debut of Meowth's sunflora costume, Meowth helping with Sonrisa's sunflora by translating for it- but othewise this episode isn't all that great.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22 NEW!! 10/28
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

wow sunflora can get big! fun to watch, but the sunflora look weak in this episode

This is one of my favorite episodes. Meowth was pretty funny doing a Sunflora imitation. Also, I love when Ash's Chikorita helps Pikachu break the mirrors (which makes Sunflora's head grow big) by bumping into him as he uses thunderbolt to break the mirrors.

I didn't understand why TR didn't bother to steal the Sunflora and went for noodles instead.

dosnt make sense just a filler but at least a little emotional

6/10

merry christmas!

Alright, we see Sunfloras, but this is the first appearance of the funny Meowth-Sunflora disguise, lol

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

A nice feel good episode coming off of Charizard leaving Ash's team. I got a laugh out of Misty springing Meowth then bossing him around.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

The wackiest thing in this episode is when Meowth dressed up in a Flora costume to compete in that contest. Anyway, it doesn't know some moves from a Sunflora.

i luaghed when meowth had to dress up like a sunflora, TR allways has funny actions you know.

This episode was okay... Sunflora first deubt wasn't really that bad. I loved Team Rocket (especially Meowth) in this episode! ~Noodles~

Urk... I didn't quite like this episode. Sunflora bore me... but hey Team Rocket apparently saw more value in noodles, which is sad D:
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

^ What she said. Sunflora are rather boring. One of the stupidest fillers ever.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Makes me laugh when brock says steroids. lol

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Makes me laugh when brock says steroids. lol

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Kinda useless (But after all, it's johto) But still good with some smiling passages.

I remember i watched this one when i was sick...it made my day..Sunflora is so cute ^_^
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

I liked this episode. I like Sunfloras a lot..mainly because i like all grass pokemon I laughed at the part where Brock says that the Sunflora is probably on steroids. And Meowth's Sunflora costume was great. Although, I would have expected there to be more then two contestents in the contest, excluding Team Rocket.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

Great episode.... i loved Sunflora
    And i loved this tournament, it was great until TR arrived
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

It was nice to see a good episode right before the gym battle saga. I loved it, the town itself was so green and peaceful, perfect for a Grass type episode.

I loved how cheerful all the Sunflora were when they were let outside of their greenhouse to enjoy the sprinklers and sun. Though that one "emo" Sunflora ruined it for me. How can a happy species with a grin on their face have a sad member?

The Contest at the end reminded me of a Pokemon Contest like we have now. Meowth as a Sunflora was CUTE! 9/10

Sunflora's debut was really good. It has managed to give a good impression for the future, at least for me. Meowth also got the most screentime, but people are usually don't pay attention to this.

Alright.....is it just me, or was it a perverted joke at the very beginning of the episode when Misty told Brock out of absolutely nowhere, "She's not going to give you water if she already thinks that you're wet." Or something along the lines of that, right after Brock is done introducing himself to Sonrisa in his usual flirtatious way.

I tried to figure out other possible meanings for this and listened to it twice, but it sounded the same both times and at the time Brock was not drenched with any water or anything, so I can't think of any other explanation.

Is it just me that sees it this way? O.o
    Been Playing Poke'mon Since Red and Blue!
    Poke'Experts! UNITE!
    (If you are a Poke'Expert Copy this to ur sig) ^-^

Nice filler, Sunflora is cool and from now on Meowth disguises as it! xD 7/10

Sunflora episode. Not one of my favorite Pok&#233;mon and not one of my favorite episodes. It's actually one of the worst episodes in my opinion. I did laugh at Brock's joke about steroids though.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Didn't really like this episode. It was cool seeing Sunflora for the 1st time. Meowth looked hilarious in the fake Sunflora outfit. That 1 Sunflora was huge!

9/100

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast