Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Superhero Secret! (140)

Default The Superhero Secret! (140)

The Superhero Secret!

Arriving in the next town, Ash & Co. arrive to discover a local Superhero; Gligarman and his faithful Gligar are helping people out. When they get in town, Team Rocket hatch another plan but Ash & Co. inadvertantly reveal Gligarman's identity...can they save the town?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

How can anyone resist this episode? I love the parodies of all things Batman, Superman, and Spiderman in this episode. Although I don't like many Johto Journies fillers, this has to be one of the best ones, because it is great entertainment, especially if you're into comic book superheroes.

meggirl63 Guest

That was really funny!

FWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gligar!!!! In episode!!!! For that, I'd give it 11 out of 10, but I have to be fair. Let's see: Gligar had a well developed personality, Metapod Men was hilarious, Togepi's rescue was great(especially since Gligar was the savior), so I'd say this had the quality of Hoenn.

Overall rating:
    8.9 out of 10!!
    Probably the best Johto filler, and that's saying something!!

SC~ out
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

Ruben Perez Guest

Default The Superhero Secret

Ash and friends are walking through a forest on their journey to Azalea Town; Ash sees a shadow gliding through the trees. Brock recognizes the shape as a Gligar, a bat-like Pokémon which is temperamental and is shy of people. Ash calls to the Gligar to come out, then they all fall into a hole.Team Rocket appears, puts a gate over the hole and starts to pump water into it, thinking they'll be able to catch Pikachu when it floats to the top. Ash wants Pikachu to attack but Brock points out that since they're in water they'll all be electrocuted. As TR pumps more water down, Togepi slips out of Misty's arms, falls into the water and panics. Suddenly the Gligar comes down, crashes through the gate and rescues Togepi. A pudgy man in a purple costume jumps onto a tree branch and identifies himself as Gligarman, the defender of the defenseless! Team Rocket says they have never heard of him, much to his embarrassment. Misty thinks he must be a superhero because he rescued Togepi. Gligarman tells his Gligar to attack TR, and it swoops down and latches onto Jessie's face. Meowth tries to attack with Fury Swipes but the Gligar lets go at the last moment, and Meowth ends up scratching Jessie's face instead. She starts to fight with him, but when the Gligar comes back, TR gets scared and run away. The three friends climb out of the hole and Misty is grateful for the help. Gligarman tries to jump down from the tree but falls on his face instead. He returns Togepi to Misty then jumps into the bushes and comes back with a large motorbike. After giving Brock a whistle with a Gligarman symbol on it, he drives away. No sooner has he left when a teenage girl comes on a bicycle and apologizes for any trouble Gligarman has caused. Her name is Latoya; Brock flirts with her and gets dragged away by Misty. Ash asks Latoya if she knows who Gligarman is, and she gets nervous and bikes away toward a town.

The friends go to town and discover a toy store that sells Gligarman toys. Brock recognizes Latoya's voice inside, she's a salesgirl. Again Ash asks her about Gligarman. The store's owner, also Latoya's father, comes out and begins to show them a video about Gligarman. After the video ends, Togepi starts to pull on the owner's pant leg and acts as if it recognizes him. Misty becomes suspicious, and the man accidentally calls her by name. Ash claps a mask on him and he is revealed to be Gligarman. Brock asks him if he can date Latoya, and Ash wants to know if he has a secret cave. He tells them to keep quiet because nobody else must know about who he is. Team Rocket is outside watching with binoculars, they realize Gligarman is a fake and decide to deal with the "impostor superhero" by acting like supervillains. Jessie dresses in a black outfit while the other two have Metapod costumes. The owner and Latoya show the three friends around their mansion after making them promise not to tell anyone about it. It turns out that Gligarman wasn't originally a superhero. When the toy store was first opened, sales weren't doing so well, so the owner dressed up in a Gligarman costume and made action figures for publicity. Gligarman became so popular that he realized that he liked being a superhero as well as a businessman. Latoya isn't happy about it but her father insists that people need someone to look up to. On the bottom floor is a large secret laboratory, and Gligar is there waiting.

Gligarman suggests that Ash could be his replacement so he can retire but Ash declines, saying he wants to be a Pokémon master. Brock offers to do it but Latoya tells him to get serious and he gets upset. Suddenly an alarm goes off and video screens show that the store is being attacked. Gligarman and his Gligar rush off, and Ash runs after them to help. TR has tied up several employees and is making a mess of the store when Gligarman and Ash show up and challenge them. Gligar latches onto James' face this time, but Meowth appears driving a large robotic Spinarak which he uses to trap Gligarman, Ash and Pikachu in a cocoon. The robot punches through the wall to the outside, and Meowth ties the cocoon onto a lamp post. Employees run out of the store, addressing Gligarman as "Mr. Parker" and saying they have faith in him. Gligarman realizes that they had known all along who he was. Before he can say anything, a mysterious girl in a Gligar costume appears on the roof of the store, calling herself Gligirl. She calls to Gligar, who recognizes her, and obeys her command to cut the cocoon down from the pole.

Freed, Ash sends Pikachu out. TR try to catch him but he's too fast. Gligar keeps James on the run with its Poison Sting attack. Meowth uses the robot to shoot webs, but the Gligar stops it with a Quick Attack, and Pikachu follows up with Thunderbolt. The robot goes out of control and explodes, sending TR blasting off. Gligirl disappears as the store employees applaud the performance. Later, Ash asks Latoya why she decided to become Gligirl, and she says when she saw them all in trouble she grabbed a costume. Gligarman still isn't ready to retire so Ash suggests that they work together as a father-daughter team for a while, and they briefly argue over who gets to have Gligar. As Ash and friends leave, Gligarman reminds them to call if they ever get into trouble.

Anyone else but me think Ash should call upon Gligarman sometime to help him in some TR theft attempt? Gligarman did say....

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

Ruben Perez Guest

This episode was my only favorite episode. I wish they can rerun it again.

This was a pretty freakin funny episode. I loved when Meowth thought the super hero has PJ's on instead of a super hero's outfit, and the gut got all upset LOL. I just loved Meowth in this episode, he has some of the better lines in this one. I also liked Ash/Brock's/Misty's reaction to the guy in tights. So over all, one of the better filler episodes.

10/10 great heroe it makes go gliglars!

merry christmas!

One of the better Johto episodes, Gligarman is so awesome, and cool, I love the superheroes in the anime

n o e l - v e r m i l l i o n
    ノエル=ヴァーミリオン

Excellent episode lots of funny moments, and Laughed when Brock at the very end figured out Latoya was Gligirl, also Latoya pulls of the Gligar costume alot better than her father.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

I watched this episode for the first time ever since Johto Journeys have been aired. In fact I loved how a Gligar saved Misty's Togepi and how it made Meowth Fury Swipe Jesse's face by missing it out. That is an awesome episode, 10/10.

This was a really good episode and some funny moments. Gligarman is now my favourite character, ever. 9/10
    Little known fact: I'm a figment of your imagination.

All I have to say here is........ talk about foreshadowing.
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/ztynn7.png[/IMG]
    That's why Rock Slide is better than Stone Edge.

I see Ash dressing up into a Gliscor costume with Gliscor by his side and then become GLISCORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pokemon Black Battle Team

the first time i saw that gligarman i really thought he was the local nut but he's actually pretty funny. 9/10.

The superhero guy cracked me up. Just look at him :P Good episode.

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

This episode is cool. Gligar Man away!(lol) He is cool.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Gligar Man rocks!
    i always love this kind of episodes
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Gligarman cracked me up.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

The first time Gligarman appeared I thought it was a little weird. But throughout the show, I ended up loving him. I thought it was funny in the beginning when Togepi tries to pose like Gligarman. It is good to hear about the kind of super heroes in the pokemon world. I also thought the Metapod Men were funny. It was a good way to introduce Gligar, and I hope we see Gligarman (or Gligirl) in the future.
    I <3 May.

I do not do competitive battling and I really do not have any desire to. I also do not go out of my way seeking for shinies because I never really understood why they were so great anyways. All I truely enjoy pokemon contests, breeding, and in-game battling.

I think grass pokemon are the greatest ever and I take great pride in the ones I have raised. I also think that Chikorita is the most adorable pokemon ever!

If you would like to know me send me a message. I'm not shy(:

This is a cool filler.

The outsider of Ash's team.

Gligarman! Man, I swear, this is the only character we've had where I genuinely questioned if he was on crack. But a good kind of crack He was pretty funny, running around, being all senile. Pff, as if Ash could be that crazy, haha.
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

This episode gave me such a headache the first time it aired haha. This Gligar episode is my least favorite episode in Johto because they could've done so much more with Gligar in this saga but it was reduced to being a superhero's sidekick. I didn't like the story very much as it revolved around superheroes. 2/10.
    Last edited by Lorde; 9th November 2010 at 1:12 AM.

Good filler episode
    Gligar's first appearance was great, too bad it wasn't fighting so much.
    and i loved the hero's girl costum.
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast