Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wired For Battle! (142)

Team Rocket imagining themselves as entering the high tech world was hilarious. The battle with Heracross and Scizor was so good, I also love how Pikachu was on Misty's arm during that time! Jessie's definition of downloading is by stealing the laptop was priceless.
    Last edited by Blessed; 12th November 2012 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel~ View Post
    Team rocket imagining themselves as entering the high tech world was hilarious. The battle with Heracross and Scizor was so good I also loved how pikachu was on Misty's arm during that time! LOL Jessie downloading by actually stealing the laptop.
    You are right. And we both know why Pikachu was with Misty: Professor Oak said Pokemon copy the behavior of their trainers. This is a PokeShipping hint, and I love that. I know you do as well.

I also loved seeing Heracross getting some more focus, he got so little screen time...

I absolutely agree with the majority here that this episode stands out as one of the best filler episodes out of Johto. The awesome introduction of Scizor (beast of a Pokémon), the battle between Heracross and Scizor, the character of Shingo and a lot of other interesting stuff made this episode jam-packed with excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    This battle was pretty dull. Lots of pauses and action stopping, and horribly written and the logic in it made no sense.
    What episode were you watching? This episode was pure gold. It wasn't rushed and the boy was super arrogant but he wasn't mean just competitive which this show needs now.

My ideal battle ever!

I enjoyed this episode, although "FINISH IT OFF WITH FALSE SWIPE!" was pretty stupid (can't remember if it was Ash or the guy with the laptop). If it was the computer guy, shame on him, you'd think he'd have done False Swipe research.

Quote Originally Posted by Caseydia View Post
    What episode were you watching? This episode was pure gold. It wasn't rushed and the boy was super arrogant but he wasn't mean just competitive which this show needs now.
    Sorry, but no.

Ash paused in the middle of battle to such a degree that the main gimmick(not being able to look on the computer while fighting) didn't even make sense. Then we get into the fact that a single Quick Attack took out half of Heracross health, yet it survives a ton of moves afterwards.
    Help spread the Dragonbuster Love!
    Hail to Saint Georgia!

Quote Originally Posted by RWB View Post
    Sorry, but no.

Ash paused in the middle of battle to such a degree that the main gimmick(not being able to look on the computer while fighting) didn't even make sense. Then we get into the fact that a single Quick Attack took out half of Heracross health, yet it survives a ton of moves afterwards.
    This to me was actually the only episode I really liked in this saga and that's saying alot since I'm not a Johto fan. But say whatever you want, but I liked it.

My ideal battle ever!

I liked this episode. The kid was annoying with his laptop, but it's okay. I'm the same with my laptop. But, Jessie's lack of intelligence with computers was too funny.

Jessie : *Pulling cord*
    James: What are you doing?
    Jessie: What does it look like I'm doing? I'm downloading his data.

Mint episode man, Shingo was a good character and it was nice to see him rediscover his passion for Pokemon and battling (who couldn't after that battle!?). With many of these one-off characters its just a shame he didn't appear again

One of my favourite episodes and definately one of the best fillers. The characters were cool, the moral was good and Scizor vs Heracross is an awesome match up.
    1st X run:

I think This was one of the best Johto episodes, because this was an episode focusing on battles. It's funny when Misty kept yelling at Muramasa after his Scizor comes out of nowhere and encounters them, this time Brock had to drag her away.
    This episode's COTD Shingo annoyed me with his oversmart talk throughout the episode, I didn't like how he Said that he dosen't need to battle to win a match because he has his computer data.....*faceplam*.
    I am glad that Ash defeated him and taught him a lesson. Heracross did great in the battle, I liked how it used Horn Attack and sent Shingo's Scizor flying. This time Ash actually proved what he wanted to prove, unlike the disappointing Marathon episode from the Sinnoh saga.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

For some reason this episode reminded me of that lack & White episode with Skyla and her "air battles".

"FINISH IT OFF WITH FALSE SWIPE!'

Okay, have fun with that!
    Alpha Sapphire Hoenn League champions
    * - Going mega

Claimed by me!

I enjoyed Scizor's debut here; it was always one of my favorite Johto Pokemon, so I was originally really excited when it showed up here. Seeing Ash's Heracross battling a competent trainer was great as well and this was one of the few times where I thought that Ash's bond with his Pokemon was enough to win a battle.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123