Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ...

Default Does anyone ...

I don't know if this thread has been started before, but I've got a question for you guys:

Does anyone battle without using lvl 100 EV trained pokemon anymore?

When I first got the game, I would exchange passes and see normaly(sp) raised pokemon. But today it hit me. I had at least 10 battles today, some wins and some losses, but there was one thing in commom with each of my opponents. When I checked out their battle passes, all ten of them had pokemon all at level 100 with god like stats.

I'm not trying to rant, I'm not upset about it, but I'm just wondering if anybody else battle without using EV pokemon.
    Until Furter notice, I'll have a txt only sig.

my fc for PBR is 4381-9462-4805

I'm battling with weaker Pokemon, but only because some hacker on the GTS got my file deleted (Hacked legend), and I have but 2 eved Pokemon. Those particular Pokemon are still only level 50 as I'm using them for the 2009 Tournament.

I only dont battle with LV. 100 EV trained pokemon if im doing the baby battle!

Or else your at a weakness...
    Virtually gone.

I don't. My pokemon are just a strong, they still have a great capacity. I even make the good movesets, and stuff. And most of my battles are hackers with Pokesav stuff, and I still win.

true original diva

I don't.
    I just use my in game team (with a few revisions here and there), who has EVs all over the place and on a first-come first-serve basis

I do fairly well

I use the Lvl. 50 All rule set with my team that's all around 60.

SkittyOnWailord is offline ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

I EV train my Pokemon and then raise them to Lv50 and then leave them.
    なにがでるかな!?

I'm here, I'm furry, And I'll try not to shed. =^_^=

Chimecho👉🎐 Octillery👉🐙 Piplup👉🐧 Omanyte👉🐚 Scolipede👉🐛 Wailord👉🐳 Lumineon👉🐠 Torkoal👉🐢 Pidove👉🐤 Skitty👉🐱

I actually sometimes use my regular old team in PBR to see how they fair. I made a battle pass for them anyways.
    As far as yesterday went, though, I did use my most recent fully EV'ed level 100 guys. :x

I agree with dragon-dark-master, though. However, it's not in his own words, you really are at a bit of a disadvantage if your non-EV'ed pokemon are set up against a fully EV'ed team. Knowing how people are when it comes to Wi-Fi battling, a lot of people aim to battle competitively, and EV training is a must for them.

I personally could never pass up a potential extra 63 stats points in two stats of my choice.
    Last edited by Casimir; 14th March 2009 at 2:29 PM.

I'm too lazy to train my ev trained pokemon to level 100. And I'm too lazy to EV train any other pokemon, so I only have 7 good pokemon...

I'm fighting with my 50 fully Ev'd trained pokemon variating from UU - Uber. I've done over 200 battles and in my last 20 I'm pretty i've only encountered people who had Ev trained pokemon.
    Studying Game-Design/Art.
    Creative, Hobbyist Pokemon Player.
    Favorite Pokemon: Miltank

I don't. I hav'nt got any lvl100 pokemon (my highest on pearl is lvl56 ATM) and I don't know how to EV train, so I level my pokemon up by battling random pokemon then transfer them to PBR and see what happens. Although, saying that, I have beaten many lvl100 teams that use ubers and legendaries with just 3 pokemon who were leveled between lvl36 to 49, I was pretty damn proud of them! LOL

I am fire! I am...

I do. I use lv.100 non-EV trained pokemon, as my sig suggests. None of the pokemon I am training or the methods I'm using break what is in my sig. Of course, I still win quite a bit; most of the time Weavile and Gallade come in handy when it comes to facing those relying on legendaries.

Eh, occasionally.

I just ported in my GBA teams.

Legendaries are really annoying, but seeing as how most of them suck/spam the SAME MOVE (Dialga and Roar of Time), any pokemon can wipe the floor with them.

I remember owning one Dialga with a ****ing Machop. Swords Dance + Baton Pass + Choice Band + Cross Chop FTW.
    MK Wii FC: 4125-3565-2043

98% of teenagers cannot perform basic math. If you're one of the 7% who can, copy and paste this into your sig.

I hack pokemon with my AR. Don't like it? Tough.

FFIII DS sucks, and MMX6 sucks even more, but MMX7 is just crap.

It is said that when it roars, a volcano erupts somewhere around the globe.

ENTEI embodies the passion of magma. This POKEMON is thought to have been born in the eruption of a volcano. It blasts fire that consumes all it touches.

ENTEI learns Roar at level 15.
    >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Umbreon-dana
    But seriously, I agree with BitchBlast's point from a few posts back.

Well it's refreshing to know that there are others out their who don't use EVs! I find as long as you've got a good team, there not that big of a problem. Unless you're facing an EV Darkari, Shaymen, and Arceus in the same 3v3 battle.

Okay now here's another question, How annoying are Hakers.

Today, I would have won but a girl somehow was able to land a Thunder on my Gliscor. Last time I checked, Thunder was electric and Gliscor was half ground.
    Until Furter notice, I'll have a txt only sig.

my fc for PBR is 4381-9462-4805

I EV train my Pokémon and then level them up to level 100 thats mainly because I use the exact Pokémon for level 100 WiFi battles on Pearl. And when I used to leave their levels at 50 I'd battle trainers who had leveled theirs up to 100.

I never touch IVs, but I am guilty of having used EVs to my advantage. On the other hand, half of my usual team (Empoleon, Blaziken, Gardevoir) comes from runthroughs of the metagame, so they were never properly EV trained. Yet they're still valuable team members, and I use them every bit as much as the ones I've trained seriously. It's kind of an emotional attachment, y'know?

In response to lisalover, I know what you mean. I swear that i ran into Darkrai three times yesterday (one of them shiny), and at least one team completely made of shinies. Also, I remember using Surf against a T-tar and having it only do one-quarter damage before it swept the rest of me. Its special defense shouldn't be THAT good.
    Friend Code: 5026-5649-8262
    Pokémon X ∙ Animal Crossing
    Friend Safari: Meditite, Pancham, Tyrogue

well it depends on which pokemon i want to use, i have an EV trained team which i use normaly and i have a ingame team which i got lucky with when it came to stats IV's and such, sometimes i switch teams for the fun.

i'm currently on antartica, it might take a while untill i'm back.

I EV train all the time. The Pokemon I battle with now are fully EV trained, and I feel that it has made my life a lot easier in Pokemon games in general these days. EV training may be a huge pain in the rear at times, but I feel that its worth the trouble. Normally, my EV trained Pokemon stay at Lv50, but I can't guarantee that they'll stay there. My Gardevoir is Lv82 at present, so there's an example. I suppose it depends on how much I like the Pokemon. lol

My other Pokemon that aren't properly trained I battle with sometimes as well, but those times are just for fun.

You don't have to EV train... Its just that a lot of people these days do. Best to go prepared sometimes.
    Last edited by TheMagician; 24th March 2009 at 12:54 PM.

I EV train just because i want to get good, all the good people ev train

I don't EV train,
    I've only got a good idea of how to but the only team I use (unless I'm bored and want to shake things up) are the team I use ingame and they started;
    Meganium = Twinleaf Town (Lvl 1)
    Typhlosion = Above (Lvl 1)
    Blastoise = Above (Lvl 1)
    Jessybella (Chatot) = Route 222 (Lvl 41 (Newcomer))
    Ritchie (Raichu) is a wild card cause I traded him from my Pearl at a rather late stage (Say, 7th Gym)
    Joanna (Golem) Same as above but earlier (She wasn't trained, I just ahd never had a Golem)
    And they just went through the game with me battling and trainign with the nearest highest level pok&#233;mon available.

^ My fic. Banner made by the beautiful and talented wolfgang.amadeus

I always IV Breed and ev train as I am a competitive battler; but I do not see the purpose in levling them till 100 I just train them till their fully evolved and have any desired level up moves.

I sometimes don't use my Lv. 100's or my EV trained pokemon. But that's only for fun battles against myself... but that doesn't matter since I don't have Wifi >.>
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

In the beginning I used some of my weaker guys just for the challenge.

I EV train and IV breed, the EVing is easy with Pokerus, I can usually do it in about 40 minutes. Really, the only real challenge is breeding, which usually takes me a few days. I don't aim for perfection though.

95% of all teens would cry if thy saw Miley Cyrus jumping off of a building, paste this into your sig if you have brown hair.

I use "uber" Pokemon, I calculate stat values, I breed my way to perfection, and I care about natures. I catch my pokemon and throw them away like a piece of garbage if they are not worthy of my greatness, and I treat them like brainless drones instead of individuals. If you use this philosophy, copy and paste this into your signature. (Started by Swalot=yes)

Quote Originally Posted by Profesco View Post
    BLAHBLAHBLAHSPAMSPAMSPAMPOOOOOOOOOOP HAHA
    ^What a great mod^

FC:2966-0840-9257
    Name:Tyler

i don't ev train (exept for a darkrai i did to see what it was like to try it)
    My amazing event darkrai
    On my first SR I got 31 Sp Atk ivs and 29 speed ivs with a Timid Nature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast